Make a positive difference on America's youth by coaching youth tennis after school programs! No previous coaching experience required - we train all coaches.
Do you love working with youth, teaching sports and wellness, and helping others improve? As a Youth Tennis Coach with ANTS (America's Next Talented Stars), you'll lead or assist a weekly after school tennis program at one of our Oakland area communities. The fall season begins in August and lasts through the fall, with programs occurring once/week. Time commitment is 1-10 hrs per week, depending on how many programs you coach. We provide all necessary training, equipment, and support. Being an ANTS Coach is a great way to get involved with youth and serve the community. Come join our team! ANTS offers programs in tennis, basketball, yoga, soccer, and more! If interested and your schedule permits, you may coach different sports multiple days of the week.
To Apply: Please complete our online application here: https://forms.gle/qbWpNyZB4LU6xPx8A
- Manage a small group tennis class of 4-6 students
- Understand and strictly follow all COVID-19 safety protocols (including wearing a mask at all times while coaching)
- Attend an orientation training in person and (if applicable) pick up sports equipment from ANTS
- Teach the FUNdamentals of tennis through a cohesive and game-filled lesson plan
- Interact positively with parents, teachers, and school staff
- Ensure a safe and reliable program by conducting roll call and signing in/out students before and after class
- Set up before and clean up after your program
- Transport all equipment to/from class each week (head coach only)
Our partner schools and communities are located across San Francisco, Oakland, and Walnut Creek. We will work with you to ensure your program is in a desirable location based on your area.
Classes generally take place once/week on the same day each week. Classes take places between the hours of 2pm - 4:30pm, so you must be available to coach in the afternoons on your program day (at least one day/week). Classes last for 1.5 hours. Some of our programs offer back-to-back classes for different age groups. To learn about our specific program options, please fill out the application form linked at the top!
- Transportation: Coaches must have reliable transportation to get to their various coaching sites. You may be required to bring equipment to & from class so a vehicle is very helpful.
- Responsible & professional: Arrive on time to each practice and keep accurate attendance. Interact with parents and school staff positively.
- Communication: Have strong communication skills. It is required for coaches to communicate with ANTS, parents, and site staff through email and phone.
- Enthusiastic & fun: ANTS coaches should always be positive role models for our students. We expect that you share our deep beliefs in the larger themes we are promoting: sportsmanship, wellness, and respect. Help make ANTS Sports the highlight of our blossoming athletes' day!
- Patience: Be a patient person who understands young children & the need to develop at their own pace.
- Experience: Experience as a player or coach (at least 2 years) is highly preferred, though not necessarily required.
- Background check: A successful candidate must pass a Federal & State Background Check and/or FBI Fingerprinting (Livescan) and test negative for TB test (within the last 4 year).