As a Senior User Experience Writer, you are working to shape the product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete their tasks. You will help drive and evolve the guidelines and best practices for a company's brand voice and establish a cohesive language and unified voice across multiple platforms.
You’ll primarily collaborate closely with the lead visual designer and UX designers to create a unified experience from a copy/design perspective; evolve flows, flag areas needing improvement and propose solutions. You’ll also team with engineers, marketers, and others to ensure a successful product for both our business and our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Use writing and editing skills to write in-product content across web, mobile and VR interfaces and workflows that facilitates behavior change and learning, as well as information architecture, emails, on-boarding and other component of the entire end-to-end experience
2. Experience iterating alongside designers and contributing to their body of work in a fast-paced, ambiguous setting
3. Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our platforms and products
4. Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
5. Partner with HFE/user testing to develop product copy for testing, digest and log findings, and iterate copy based on learnings.
6. Partner with legal, localization, and support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched.
• Minimum five to ten years of relevant and hands-on experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation or journalism (required)
• Experience with localization and accessibility best practices (preferred)
• Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools (required)
• Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts quickly to a variety of audiences (required)
• Ability to think strategically, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments (required)
• Skills as a self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements (required)
• Empathetic listening and bidirectional communication skills demonstrated in effective interactions with users, peers, team members and management (required)
• Strong facilitation and collaboration skills; ability to be flexible while maintain focus to strive for best outcomes (required)
• Comfortable with ambiguity (required)
• While this role is focused on UX design, a working knowledge of marketing and brand communication is a plus (preferred)
• Background in medical device/health care industry strongly preferred
Remote Medical Writer - Medical Device company- 12 Months contract
Are you a superb technical writer who loves explaining complex APIs to software developers?
Are you skilled at working with software engineers who create APIs?
Do you have excellent examples of clear API documentation and code samples in your portfolio?
Do you thrive working with responsible, transparent professionals who love what they do?
Founded in 1990, Expert Support provides professional technical communications services to leading Silicon Valley companies. Check out www.expertsupport.com to learn more about us.
We are actively looking for a technical writer to fill an immediate assignment for a full time job with a large, cutting edge technology company..
Responsibilities and Duties
You need to be able to address a Python developer audience on the following topic, the content for which includes overview, quickstarts, API reference material, and task-based topics. You must be familiar with Core ML which is an Apple framework that allows developers to easily integrate machine learning (ML) models into apps.
As a technical writer assigned to work with our client’s engineering team, you will develop and release technical documentation and education programs that help our client’s engineers become more productive and knowledgeable. You will work closely with world-class software developers and internal software engineering education teams to help define and build next-generation technical documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
You must have demonstrable experience creating API documentation and other hard-core technical documents for software developers. Your resume must include:
· 5+ years of experience working effectively with engineering and product management teams as part of a modern software development process (Unix, GIT, JIRA) to produce technical documents or course materials
· Experience reading and understanding source code written in Java, C++, and Python (you must be able to understand written code, and ideally, write new code samples)
· Ability to navigate a complex technical landscape and interact with multiple engineers to assemble classes and documentation
· BA/BS degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Computer Science, or a related field
· Strong familiarity with HTML and CSS and Markdown
· Strong collaboration and project management skills
· 3-5 portfolio examples that demonstrate the above qualifications
· Authorized to work in the United States, and able to pass a background check
Due to the high volume of applications, we can only respond to those who meet these minimum qualifications. Principals only please, no recruiters.
Job Type: Full-time
5+ years of experience in writing clinical or analytical protocols - studies at the FDA level.
Experience in clinical study protocols, IVD (In Vitro Diagnostics) reports experience and/or experience in the Hematology field.