We are looking for enthusiastic, wine-savvy people to join our teams at Vintage Berkeley & Solano Cellars. For this part-time position, shifts will be both half day (11-4pm) and full day (11AM-7PM or 12-8PM), depending on our staffing needs.
● Previous retail or wine industry experience
● Passion for wine and desire to learn more
● Professional demeanor, ability to multi-task and independently solve problems
● Work schedule flexibility, including weekday/weekend hours and the ability to work 15-20 hours a week
● Basic computer skills (Mac preferred)
● Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, and carry a box of wine weighing up to 40 lbs
● At least 21 years of age
● Local candidates preferred
Vintage Berkeley is located in a decommissioned water pumping plant in the heart of North Berkeley and in the historic Elmwood shopping district at the intersection of College and Ashby. We feature a hand picked selection of small production wines from around the globe with the majority of wines priced under $30.
Solano Cellars is located on Solano Avenue on the Albany-Berkeley border. We feature a selection of small production California and European wines and cater to both a national customer base and neighborhood locals. The shop has a wine bar that serves a rotating selection of wines by the glass and a simple bar menu of cheeses and charcuterie [wine bar is currently closed].
Vintage Berkeley and Solano Cellars are independently owned and operated. ￼￼www.vintageberkeley.com ￼www.solanocellars.com
To Apply Please respond to this posting with your cover letter and resume. Due to the volume of submissions, we may not be able to respond to each applicant. We do, however, thank you for applying.
Retail Wine Shop and tasting bar in North Oakland is looking for a friendly and motivated person to join our team, selling wine (and some beer!) in a fun, dynamic and rewarding atmosphere. Our goal is to create and maintain a welcoming and engaging environment for everyone - to make wine approachable and enjoyable.
This position also includes non-sales duties, like stocking shelves and stamping bags, some cleaning and caring for the shop, fulfilling wine club orders, taking out recycling, operating the POS system, and opening and/or closing the store.
A general understanding of wine regions and grape varieties is ideal. Customer service skills, a love for wine, and an eagerness to learn are most essential.
* Real world experience in Retail Wines Sales, Restaurant, or Hospitality industries (preferably with some wine emphasis)
* Good communications skills
* Sales and customer service experience
* A commitment to excellence
* Ability to interact in a positive way with a diverse range of people
* Self motivation with a sense of personal responsibility that includes punctuality and pride in your work
* Ability to communicate and teach product knowledge to fellow staff members
* A flexible schedule with availability to work weekends
* Excellent references from past employment
* Ability to lift 40-50 pounds sometimes frequently during the day
* Intermittent standing, walking, reaching, sitting
* Comfort in a cool environment (shop at 68-70 degrees at all times)
* Computer (Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets) and/or IT skills a bonus!
We're seeking someone who can work approx. 10-20 hours per week, including at least one weekend day and afternoon/evening shifts (but not later than 6:30pm at this time)
Reply to this post by email with a couple paragraphs telling us about yourself (perhaps how your work history, personality, and/or life experiences might make you a good fit for our team). Please no phone calls or unscheduled drop-ins, thanks!
This company seeks diversity: women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA highly encouraged to apply!
Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant seeks a new warehouse associate to aid in fulfillment and logistics. Roles are part time and full time. We have a team of working in our warehouses, adhering to city of Berkeley physical distancing and masking protocols.There is a possibility of this role becoming full-time with a benefits package.Responsibilities
The sales representative position is responsible for building broad based supplier distribution through assigned accounts, leveraging the existing account base to increase sales opportunities and capturing increased market share through superior calling efforts and follow up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Service and maintain existing accounts. Plan systematic calls on key accounts and solicit new clients and sales. Build good rapport and provide superb service to these accounts.
• Educate and develop this customer base through superior knowledge of our wines, quality presentations and consistent servicing of accounts.
• Conduct retail tastings, restaurant staff training, and other events. Attend trade shows and tasting events. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Flexibility is a must.
• Grow sales placements and revenue within each account by effectively targeting wine lists and retail slot opportunities.
• Effective and timely communication both internally and externally.
• Execute and support supplier and company ride-alongs, tasting events, and promotions.
• 2 years outside wine sales experience. Experience within sales territory a plus.
• Proven past sales success, ability to maximize opportunities with key accounts and existing contacts.
• A professional knowledge of wine and the wine industry
• Confident and focused individual with exceptional follow through who needs little supervision. Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness and self-discipline are a must.
• Must be comfortable within Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, have access to the internet, a printer and a cell phone.
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid drivers license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Must reside in the Peninsula Area
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands includes Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Provenance, Etude, Stags’ Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky’s the limit.
About the Role
TWE seeks a Senior Sales Operations Manager to provide insights, reporting and analysis to the assigned Distributor Management team across Sales Operations and Demand Planning.
This role is responsible for leading the monthly forecasting process for the Americas region in collaboration with different teams, including Sales & Marketing, Finance, Strategic Supply Planning, and Global Demand Team.
Treasury Wine Estates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.