McGrail Vineyards and Winery is a family owned Livermore Valley Winery that is looking for a passionate, hard working, detail oriented, flexible wine loving, customer service oriented person to join our tasting room team. We are looking for someone Thursday-Monday. This can be a part-time or full time position. This opportunity is great for someone that loves WINE and customers!
We are hard-working, family-oriented, food and wine loving, loyal, fun loving folks with stunning wines and great views. We're a get it done, team work, all hands on deck kinda place.
We are looking for dynamic and meticulous team members that are passionate about wine and fabulous customer service! You must LOVE wine and LOVE building relationships.
What you'll be doing once our tasting room is able to open back up:
-Greet guests, make them feel welcome
-Ensure staff and guests are safe during this pandemic
-Present history of winery and focus of our brands
-Tasting: pouring wines with conversation; educational and current winery direction
-Promote Winery Clubs and Winery events
-Assist with functions necessary for a successful shift -- opening and closing duties, restocking of wines, non-wine items, food items, sanitizing between each guest, cleaning and organization of kitchen area and tasting room(s), glassware cleaning, drying and restocking, assist with periodic duties check restrooms, merchandising areas, setting up tables and chairs inside and out, check garbage inside and outside of building
While the tasting room is closed, we are looking to train someone and have someone assist with curbside pick ups.
You're OUR person if:
- You LOVE hospitality and find it easy to connect with people and build relationships
- You love to learn, grow, and make things happen
- You're organized, yet can be flexible
- You're smart, but not snooty
- You can plan to the smallest detail, but don't get your feathers ruffled when the wind changes.
- You can work your way through computer programs and point of sales, you can work on an Ipad
- You're not afraid of research and love the process of innovation.
- You're a team player and enjoy paving the path with your colleagues.
- You're not easily offended and love to give your opinion
The usual stuff:
Wine knowledge preferred. Excellent customer service, people and communication skills. Basic math, writing skills, and computer skills a must. Must speak English fluently. Team Player. Over 21 years old.
-Requires the ability to stand, for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday.
-Must be able to lift 42 lbs. (case of wine)
Restaurant Depot is a national food service distributor that operates 130+ cash and carry warehouses throughout the United States. We have been in business for three decades selling the food, equipment and supplies independent restaurants need to succeed. Alcohol is one of our newer categories and we sell beer, wine and spirits in 8 states nationally, including 5 in the West (Washington, California, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada). We are currently seeking a Buying Director to manage our alcohol business in the Western region. This position is responsible for overall business management, including product selection and pricing, team management and compliance.
Director of On Premise with Spirits Focus - Job Description
Position Summary: Managing and growing Mexcor’s products to Restaurant and Bar chains. The Director of On Premise will be responsible for managing all aspects related to On-Premise sales and growth, predominantly in, but not limited to the Spirits category.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5 years National On-Premise Experience
· Management experience
· Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
· Ability to create a presentation
· Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Time management
· Works well with others
· Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others
· Recruiting, hiring, and training abilities
· Setting and tracking sales goals
· Accountability, and ability to hold subordinates accountable
· Effective planning
· Interviewing abilities
· Proven track record in achieving sales goals and executing market programs that support corporate initiatives.
· Strong analytical and analysis skills
· Effective understanding of budgeting, sales, and management
· Basic understanding of all procedures, policies, laws and regulations related to Texas wine, beer and spirits
· Wine/Spirit Certifications (preferred)
· Living in Texas (preferred)
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift up to 45 pounds regularly
· Ability to travel regularly and stay overnight
· Ability to work more than 40 hours in some weeks, and ability to work weekends
· Mexcor requires an impeccable image. Mexcor personnel are expected to practice proper dress code, adhere to above-standard hygiene and display a professionalism in speech, character, actions, and appearance at all times
· Directly selling to, and calling on top National and Local chains & Key Accounts on a Quarterly or Semi-Annual Basis
· Sales Planning and Process, Business Strategy
o Develop and achieve a strategic business plan for business growth On-Premise
§ Business Plan by Category, Brand, and Territory
§ Target list of customers
o Develop a profitable business plan for Silo
§ Revenue/Margin Requirements, Sales Expense, Marketing Budget, KPIs and benchmarks by Territory
· Training and Development
o Training Sales team on our portfolio
o Developing Standard Operating Procedures for On-Premise sales calls in the various types of accounts
o Developing Standard Operating Procedure by Brand versus targeted competitors
o Working with and training ALL Mexcor sales reps on product knowledge
o Involve All Mexcor sales reps, including retail reps, and On-Premise wine reps in growing their local On-Premise Spirits business
· Effectively communicating with office personnel, warehouse, General Sales Manager, and Sales Executives
· Set expectations/goals with Sales Managers/Executives
· Ensuring Mexcor standards and guidelines are followed- pricing, programming, expenses, reporting, confidentiality, A/R, logistics, and orders.
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary. Mexcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer