Responsibilities include performance of tasks in a shop/factory environment. This position would require the ability to work with other people and to follow directions, with moderate to heavy lifting. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and various process assembly tasks of conveyance equipment. Knowledge of metal fabrication is a must. Must know Tig, Mig , Stick welding, and have own basic hand tools.
Union shop Benefits
Some tools required.
Heavy lifting required with proper safe techniques and appropriate PPE.
Pre-employment physical required.
Two Shifts are available. (differential pay for swing shift)
We are seeking a Steel Fabricator to become an integral part of our team! The fitter will build assemblies and structures based on drawings. Must be familiar with layouts, jigs and basic shop flow in a fast-paced environment.
• Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification.
• Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
• Flux Core, Stick and MIG weld steel and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings.
• Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
• Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications.
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Assemble items as instructed by floor supervisor.
• Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Prepare product for shipment.
• Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 60 pounds), or using a hoist.
• Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Experience with steel, and/or stainless steel required.
• Experience with Flux Core, MIG and Stick welding highly preferred.
• Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds consistently required.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Ability to identify and measure material.
• Ability to produce quality products consistently.
• Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
• Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
• Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angle gauges.
• Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
• Familiarity with the metric system.
• Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to factional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents.
• Must be reliable with a strong work ethic.
• Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time.
• Willing to work 40+ hours a week and weekend work from time to time.
• Ability to travel to field jobs as well as overnight travel with team may be required.
*THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION, APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF THEY HAVE METALWORKING EXPERIENCE, THOUGH WE WILL CONSIDER A WIDE RANGE OF SKILL LEVELS AND METALWORKING BACKGROUNDS.
METAL FABRICATOR / INSTALLER
About Marmol Radziner
We are a full-service architectural firm that provides architectural design, landscape design, interior design, furniture design, and jewelry design. In addition, we provide construction services, as a design-build firm. We operate our own custom cabinet and metal shop, which is where this position will be located, at our El Segundo facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR METAL FABRICATOR / INSTALLER:
We are looking for architectural metal welders, installers, and finishers with extensive experience working on high-end projects.
Metal Fabricator / Installer
Shop Hours: 6am - 2:30pm (may vary at discretion of Managers)
Site Hours: Varies (typically 7am or 8am start time)
Shop Location: El Segundo
Site Location: Varies (typically West LA)
Job Type: Full-time
Great opportunity to work with the best in the industry! ICON/TLC is seeking a reliable Automotive Mechanic with Welder / Fabricator skills to become an integral part of our team. We specialize in the repair, service, upgrade and customization of high-end autos and the restoration of vintage classics with a strong commitment to personalized customer service, honest communication and top quality work to fit customer's needs.
Available shift is Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and no weekends.
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and Skills:
Steel Fabrication—From Design to Installation
We have been designing, fabricating and installing custom steel products for decades. We use the most advanced equipment available for cutting, burning, punching, forming, rolling and welding steel. We work in our shop, and in the field, on projects such as:
· Structural steel
· Miscellaneous iron
· Platforms and catwalks
Materials and Methods
· Metals we commonly weld include:
· Carbon steel, such as A36, A572 & A992
· Stainless steel, such as T316SS & T304SS
Welding methods include:
· Produce X-ray Quality Welds for both Stainless and Carbon Steel structure and pipe.
· Must be able to weld with either MIG and/or TIG at an EXPERT LEVEL for both Stainless and Carbon Steel structure and pipe.
· Weld mild steel and stainless steel heavy and light structure, frames, skids, piping, tanks, sheet metal and other projects for fabrication.
· Must be able to maintain high quality welds in a safe manner.
· Maintain a productive, efficient, and safe workplace through implementing common sense practices, sound judgment, and proactive measures.
· Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
· Understanding and adhering to the defined scope of work.
· Timely and effectively communicating and/or resolving problems in an organized and detailed manner.
· Must be able to weld shop work in an efficient manner
· 5-10 years of “HANDS-ON” experience in the welding of structural steel, pipe, plate and sheet metal.
· Expert level knowledge of welding methods and quality control.
· Working knowledge of all tools and equipment i.e. overhead cranes, saws, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment.
· The ability to communicate and work effectively with managers, field personnel, customers, and employees.
ACE is looking for high skilled Aerospace TIG Welders to become part of our creative team that produces various different parts for the aerospace and power generation industries
We are seeking a Welder And Fabricator to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
Welder | Fabrication
You are applying with Express Employment Professionals for an immediate opening for a MIG Welder in Santa Fe Springs
Shift: M-F 6:30am-2:30pm.
Pay Rate: $21-23/hr. (DOE)
· MIG Welding, Welding stainless steel, aluminum, and steel
· Fabricate and assemble prototype parts in accordance to engineering drawings, and sketches
· Operate general shop tools such as: torches, drill presses, band saws, grinders, hand drills/tools
· Mig Weld in all welding positions
· Position, align, fit, clamp, track and weld parts
· 3-5 years of experience as Welder/Fabricator, (MUST BE A CERTIFIED WELDER)
· Must have welding experience with MIG welding Stainless-Steel, & Aluminum
· Able to read blueprints and engineering drawings
· Must be able to Fabricate
Contact Raul Ruedas at (626)339-2200
Impacting people. One job at a time.
Our positions vary from permanent, temporary, and evaluation hire. We look forward to matching you to a position that fits your experience and thank you for your interest in Express Employment Professionals Covina.
We will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative Hiring Ordinance
Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates with ability to obtain DBIDS within our Structural Shop.
We are pleased to accept resumes for 2nd Class Combo Welder/ Pipe. This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our San Diego, California location
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SkillSetGroup is seeking experienced Hot Air Welders to work in the Santa Fe Springs, CA area. This position will be fabricating and welding thermoplastic/composite piping systems. The chosen candidate will have experience with hot air welding processes and has worked in a fabrication shop environment. Experience with thermoplastics such as; Polypropylene, PVC, CPVC or PVDF is a must. Precision measuring, cutting and joint fusion experience is a must. This will be a 1st shift position, 6AM-230PM schedule, but will involve OT at peak project time. This will be a temp to hire opportunity.
We are seeking Tig Welders,for both Day or Night Shift, to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble Stainless Steel parts.
2nd shift: 1:30pm-10pm
· Must have sheet welding experience. MIG, TIG, (2-3 years)
· (10 to 20 GA)
· Responsible for using hand welding, flame cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components
· Ability to operate Hand Plasma machine.
· Ability to read and interpret Complicated Blue-prints and Engineering Drawings
· Responsible for collecting and recording all the Blue-Prints provided.
· Should have a good understanding of Truck body.
· Should have some experience in Service Truck body industry.
· Responsible about regular clean-up and maintenance of their work place.
· Should have ability to make clean lines and cuts when welding.
· Conduct physical inspections to assess the strength and stability of each join. This part of the job requires excellent attention to detail, as minor welding issues can cause catastrophic failure.
· Should be able to make small sub-assemblies example Roof or Bumpers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Two years of MIG welding experience
· The ability to frequently lift and carry items up to 50 pounds;
· Possess knowledge and skill with at least one of the following: grinder, lathe, mill, press, shear, and stick welding