1st Shift OR 2nd Shift
PAY – 26/hr
Shift – TBD, please provide candidate Schedule/Shift availability in Resume
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Reviews customer orders, examines, stocks and distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines.
Under general supervision performs a variety of diversified tasks involved in material handling or other warehouse / distribution activity. Also performs inventory transaction activities associated with these-tasks (i.e., record keeping, status reports. etc.)
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Receives packs, unpacks, moves/lifts, locates, identifies issues and ships variety of materials and packages.
• Locates items in proper stocking location in warehouse.
• Generates Customer order pick lists and packing lists.
• Picks and packs materials for Customer orders. Verifies that the appropriate materials are handled and takes corrective action when materials are improperly stored. transferred or identified.
• Checks, verifies and corrects errors in the stocking process. Includes physical movement of items as well as processing updates to inventory system.
• Inputs and retrieves data via SAP and ancillary systems
• Handles and stores hazardous materials in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Picks, counts/weighs, packs, records, audits and processes inventory transactions.
• May be leader of a process / train lower level material handlers
• Maintains a safe, orderly work area. May be required to communicate an awareness of general safety practices.
• Meets established standards of accuracy and quality
• May operate forklifts and/or powered pallet trucks
• Inventory control and reconciliation
• Will be responsible for receiving and storing away of lab floor consumables and replenishments.
Critical Success Factors:
Education/Experience: High school graduate 3 to 5 years previous experience in material handling or other warehouse / distribution activity. Must have experience with preparing and or interpreting material reports and a basic understanding of materials systems.
Physical Requirements: Sustained physical effort. May require standing and lifting of objects of up to 50lbs.. Heavier materials to be handled via power equipment.
Technical Requirements: Ability to 1) use / learn to use power equipment for movement of materials, 2) use /learn to use warehouse operating system and shipment processing systems, and 3) process / learn to process hazardous material shipments in accordance with standards.4) General PC skills including Microsoft Office-Excel Word..)
Communication: Expresses orally and effectively listens to others and clarifies information as needed.