The VP of Finance is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position will oversee all financial functions including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax and treasury. The VP of Finance is also responsible for overseeing Human Resources, Procurement, Payroll and Information Technology departments. The ideal candidate will bring strategic HR, Financial, Procurement, and IT leadership skills. The VP of Finance provides the link between and influences the functional areas of financial management and decision making of general management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides an executive oversight, vision and support of accounting and finance to Executive Management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Directs and oversees all aspects of accounting & financial functions at CWS including preparation of budgetary and fiscal goals, generating current financial reports including reports for local, state and feral regulatory agencies, summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share and opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas
- Estimates requirement for capital, land, buildings and an increase in the work force as well as analyzing company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, downsized or eliminated.
- Monitors and controls the assets and commitments of CWS
- Reviews reports to analyze sales projections and profit against actual figures and budgeted expenses against final totals and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate
- Supervising investment of funds, monitors and controls the assets and commitments of CWS and working with banks and/or investment bankers to raise additional capital as required for expansion
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s risk management and liability insurance programs
- Developing and implementing financial policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of company services
- Mentor and develop a staff, mange work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluations, and the building of an affective team dynamic
- Represent the Company to the financial community including but not limited to financial institution, potential investors, industry executives, auditors, public officials, etc
- Ensure the affective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Performs other special projects as directed by Executive Management team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application system and strong working knowledge of excel
- 8 – 10 years of experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Evaluation, planning, time management and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal & problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Demonstrated excellence in budgeting, controlling costs and providing timely and useful reporting to the management team
- Demonstrates leadership skills while also willing to be “hands on” in completing projects
- Waste Industry experience in the financial areas
California Waste Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive compensation package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, and a 401k plan. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
California Waste Solutions is Northern California's premiere full-service recycling and environmental services company. We service more than 3 million households worldwide every week.
California Waste Solutions thrives by protecting the earth's resources through diverting pollutants away from landfills, recycling needed materials, reusing vital products and using high tech sustainable strategies to prepare for the future.
The industry's leading publication, Waste Age Magazine, has consistently ranked California Waste Solutions as one of the top recycling companies in America. That's because we use the latest technology to make recycling customer-friendly and business efficient.