We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Application Scientist with extensive experience with proteomic sample preparations and back-end data analysis to join our dedicated professional technical team. The successful candidate will help lead our efforts to apply our novel hyperstable proteases to proteomic sample digestions in any number of contexts. Primary research responsibilities will include the testing and development of various front-end sample procedures using entirely new classes of proteases developed in our enzyme-discovery pipeline. This position is fully funded by a National Institutes of Health SBIR Phase II grant. The successful applicant will have the desire to adapt and grow with our young company and the ability to independently run a team to accomplish defined business and technical goals. Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working as part of a lean team in a fast-paced ‘startup’ environment are essential. Most importantly, we are seeking an individual who is willing and able to be resourceful, creative, flexible and has a strong desire to learn new things while having fun doing it.
Compensation and Benefits
Please send your resume and briefly (1 page max) share your thoughts on these questions so we can know a little about you:
This is a senior management position and as such the job description, below, is lengthy. Please read it before applying and ONLY apply if you meet the requirements.
Who You Will Work For: Our Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced electronics automation assembly equipment. Their solutions are used to build some of today's most advanced electronic products and they are a cost-effective enabler of the fast-moving electronics industry road map. You probably own some products that were assembled using their equipment. From cell phones, tablets or advanced computing platforms, 5G infrastructure, internet of things, cloud computing and storage as well as wearable’s, sensors, MEMS, industrial, automotive, military and medical applications, their innovative solutions play an integral role in driving the future of technology!
In this key management position, you will be responsible for managing the activities of the new product development and sustaining engineering organizations.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
JOB LOCATION: This position is locate at the company headquarters in the Binghamton, New York area. An executive-level relocation package will be provided for successful candidates who are not now located in that area. For those not familiar with this region of New York State, it is a great place to live and raise a family. Offering reasonable cost of living, low housing costs, superb public schools, world-class universities (Cornell, SUNY-Binghamton, Renssalear Polytechnic, RIT, Syracuse Universit and several others are with driving distance). There are numerous lakes, mountains and parks that provide a wide range of outdoor activities.
IMPORTANT - READ THIS!: If you believe that you meet the requirements of this position, but your resume does not clearly show some of your experience that relates to these requirements, then you MUST revise your resume BEFORE applying for the position. Neither we, nor our Client, will “read between the lines”. Your experience as it applies to this position MUST be very clear or you will be rejected. So, please review your resume, and the above requirements, and revise your resume if necessary, to make sure that it clearly shows the required experience, prior to sending in your application.
This opportunity offers an excellent salary, bonus and equity position, as well as a comprehensive suite of benefits. This position is ONLY open to candidates who are currently living in the US and who are US Citizens or Green Card holders. Our Client is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
At Digital Infuzion (DIFZ), we believe people can lead better, healthier lives. To do so, researchers need insights faster, and providers need on-demand data and tailored software solutions. Which is why we are passionate about developing innovative solutions for the healthcare industry so researchers and providers can better serve their patients. We go beyond ordinary health IT services and solutions because we see the advancement of technology and bioinformatics as opportunities to make meaningful impacts in patient’s lives. If you feel drawn to doing what you love in a creative, open, and growth-oriented environment all while helping people live healthier lives, then keep scrolling - we may have just the opportunity for you.
As the Vice President of Software Engineering Services you will mentor and lead multiple engineering teams dedicated to building DIFZ core technology competencies that inspire and fundamentally change the way technology solutions are applied within DIFZs consulting services business.
To be successful in this role, you must be an exceptional engineering leader, possess stellar software development skills, have a consulting mindset, and have a passion and deep knowledge as well as a relentless pursuit for implementing agile software development framework. You must have confident communication abilities in order to work with large cross-functional teams across cloud computing, enterprise architecture methodologies, data science, web development, and mobile/wearable technologies.
In this role you will:
Digital Infuzion, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
It is the policy of Digital Infuzion, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
The ideal VP of Engineering will have a bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them. You jump at the opportunity to engineer new solutions and help companies seize market opportunities.
Candidates will need to have experience in both the physical and digital realms, our products are complex systems that mix both to create connected solutions. Our strategy will require you to have sound experience working with 3rd party engineering and/or manufacturing partners as part of the product design and development, assuring the integration of the product development processes.
The VP of Engineering will have superior teaching and coaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound design decisions rapidly, improve their deliverable quality, and get out of their comfort zone. Provide the needed business-leader level perspective to identify and understand the down-stream business and/or process impact of decisions and changes initiated within the engineering team.
· Be the go-to Engineering Team lead for developing, testing, and building great (and dare we say, mind-blowing) Connected products with speed any Silicon Valley startup would envy.
· Responsible for providing leadership and direction to engineering team to ensure that the objectives of all projects are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
· Balance delivery priorities with time for innovation.
· Arrange for appropriate engineering personnel and resources, schedule and assign duties to engineering personnel according to knowledge, experience, and specific discipline.
· Integrate the activities of the engineering team with the related activities of other departments to ensure success and quality in all projects.
· Manage multiple projects concurrently to ensure all projects are on time and on budget.
· Develop metrics and process rigor to track and drive departmental productivity and efficiency.
· Understand and support the cross-business processes and disciplines within which this department needs to operate and accommodate.
· Drive successful project and product execution using the Agile development model (scrums, sprints, Kanban, etc.).
· Responsible for the technical roadmap and direction for multiple engineering teams, working closely with Product Management to marry it with our product roadmap and business strategy.
· Lead recruiting and organizational planning for multiple teams, establishing hiring goals, interview norms, and evolving the onboarding process for new team members.
· Driving Results: Set the bar high—Motivate your team to pursue and achieve aspirational results, which drive the business forward.
· Leading People: Effectively lead and manage the performance of people by being a role model to others, monitoring progress on objectives and behaviors and coaching others for success.
· Strategic Decision Making: Make effective and timely decisions by sourcing and analyzing critical information.
· Commercial Orientation: Understand and recognize the organization’s business objectives (competitive realities, timelines, budgets)
· Driving Change: Identify, lead and support change and continuous improvement within own group and companywide
· Collaboration & Influencing: Engage, challenge, and work effectively with others.
· Emotional Intelligence: Able to monitor your own and others' emotions to appropriately guide thinking and behavior
· Influence: Able to navigate conversations and various scenarios to appropriately negotiate the desired outcome
Knowledge & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is necessary for consideration. Advanced degree and/or certification is considered a plus (i.e. MBA, MS, Six Sigma, PE, etc.)
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibilities and breadth within engineering function is expected
· Strong track record of successful collaboration with product management in an Agile environment.
· Be able to engage, understand and discuss technical approach and architectural decisions.
· Ability to effectively cope with change and can decide and act without having the total picture.
· Experience defining schedules and verifying progress according to schedule with the project management team in a fast-changing environment.
· Experience helping engineering teams to conduct design and code reviews on a regular basis with a wide range of stake holders including non-engineers
· History of building and retaining highly skilled teams.
Join one of the fastest growing Healthcare Technology Company’s leadership team
We are looking for an experienced VP of Software Engineering to manage a diverse development team.
A VP of Software Engineering is an executive who manages development teams. VPs of Software Engineering is responsible for ensuring that design requirements are met, overseeing the consistency of user experiences, and managing a team of engineers and developers. The VP of Software Engineering leads a team of developers and engineers, collaborates with product managers, and improves company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of Software Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Software Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design.
Responsibilities for VP of Software Engineering
Qualifications for VP of Software Engineering
We offer our talent a competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance: medical, dental, and vision (vision premiums covered 100%), 401k, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, and more.
About Insightin Health
Insightin Health’s inGAGE™ is the industry’s only single platform which provides a complete personalized member engagement for each step of the health care journey. inGAGE™ combines medical, clinical, cognitive, and social determinants of health to recommend the Next Best Action (NBA) for each person. Health plans can improve quality measurements, gain higher member satisfaction, and increase member retention. The simple integration and easy to use platform creates an effective shift towards healthier population for the health plans.
For more information visit www.InsightinHealth.com
SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER/VP
I am a Senior Recruiter in this Construction and Engineering industry reaching out in regards to this VP/Sr. Geo Engineer position for a large regional multi-disciplined engineering company with over 150 employees. California PE required in order to be considered.
This high-level role is located in Escondido and are flexible on pay depending on experience and leadership capabilities to manage a team of civil engineers, lab managers, and senior inspectors.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage complex projects from start to completion including preparing proposals, allocating staffing resources, developing project budgets;
• Perform/oversee engineering analysis
• Perform and manage geotechnical, environmental and/or civil engineering field investigations including drilling and construction quality assurance
• Prepare and coordinate design calculations, technical specifications, geotechnical design reports; construction specifications and other written documentation;
• Business development including obtaining repeat business from existing clients, bringing in new clients;
• Staff mentoring and training;
• Managerial duties: performance reviews, discipline, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor of fire-rated HVAC systems used in commercial and high rise residential applications. Systems are sold through architects and engineers, general and mechanical contractors, and select owners of commercial buildings. The company is investing in a high-growth strategy, and is developing a significant presence in the New York City and northern New Jersey markets. The product is a proven industry game changer, is backed by IP and is exclusive to our client. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the rollout of a dynamic engineered products company.
As VP Systems Engineering, you will have responsibility for building relationships and driving project specifications to Basis of Design in major engineering firms. You will also interact with regulatory authorities to assure projects in the region are code compliant, and that engineers and contractors understand and accept Flamebar® systems, which are U.L. and Intertek listed and satisfy ASTM and ISO standards. You will work closely with us as we strengthen our regional footprint. Going forward you will drive results and provide technical input through our team based CRM supported sales process.
Education: Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering;
PE or Certified Fire Engineer a plus
Experience: 10 years minimum experience working in the commercial general building materials construction market.
· Must have had responsibility to specify and close major projects.
· Experience with commercial HVAC related systems, products or controls
· Experience in laboratory, medical, hospitality or vertical residential projects a plus.
· Experience with life safety systems a plus.
This position fits with a technical sales career driving product specifications through engineering firms and educating contractors in their application.
Experience or Familiarity with:
· Commercial mechanical and/or control systems
· Technical sales techniques
· Building codes and fire/life safety design
· Interaction with fire safety regulatory authorities ( AHJ’s)
· Familiarity with estimating, scheduling, project management and general construction processes a plus
· Familiarity with fire rated assemblies, smoke evacuation, wall construction types a plus
Solid interpersonal skills
Strong presentation skills
Experience in a teaching/consultative selling role
Computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Enthusiasm - passion for excellence
· Sense of Humor
· Comfortable with chaos/change
· High self-awareness and interpersonal skills
· Travel, schedule flexibility
Client offers unusual career opportunity:
· High Growth
· National reach
· Multiple plant roll out
· Open culture and communication style – ability to be heard and make an impact – directly with leadership and owners
· Hundreds of projects in development now – rapidly growing
· Career growth accelerates in a high-growth environment – more responsibility faster
· Business highly leverages talent – comp / bonus opportunity with success