DEALERS AUTO AUCTION OF THE SOUTHWEST
Condition Report Writer for Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest
We at Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest are a dedicated group of people who pride ourselves on being an independent, locally-owned auction with big business capabilities and the best customer service available anywhere. Every customer is important to us. Whether large or small, visiting for the first time or one of our “regulars,” we consider our Dealers friends in the business who deserve personal attention and a first-name greeting every sale day. We are looking for a customer service-oriented person who is excited to join our team and would enjoy being a part of a growing company.
We are looking for an experienced Condition Report Writer who enjoys working with cars and will conduct inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems; prepare and submit a report of a vehicles condition, repair / replacement cost estimates, and related documentation.
- · Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
- · Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs of damage
- · Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
- · Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
- · Work with bank and factory representatives on site to ensure a quality inspection is completed.
- · Reduce arbitration vehicles and auction liability by completing thorough inspections.
- · Assisting with company Pre-and Post-Sale Inspections
- · Submit completed condition reports to the manager by download from hand-held device.
- · Must perform very light mechanical duties; i.e. Installing batteries, inflating tires, to pre-pare units for inspection.
- · Will order keys on units transported without keys and will maintain a chain of custody for those keys.
- · Practice and promote team work at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- · High School Diploma or equivalent required
- · ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating preferred.
- · Valid Driver's license and safe driving record required
- · Basic computer software skills required
- · Ability to multitask required
- · Must be detail oriented
- · General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
- · Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- · Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
- · Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
- · Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
- · Ability to work outside in a variety of climates
Schedule: Full Time
Starting Pay: $13.00
We offer health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability supplemental coverage's, 40 hours of personal time off (PTO), Holiday pay, and an un-matched 401k option the first of the month following 60 days of full-time employment.
Dealers Auto Auction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest (DAASW) was founded in 2002 and is situated on 15 acres in Phoenix, Arizona and has a sister location Dealers Auto Auction of the Rockies located in Denver Co. With an average consignment of 600 cars and trucks per week we at DAASW, provide buyers and sellers with innovative, technology-driven re-marketing solutions. Our customers reap the benefits of our complete title services, full-service mechanic shop, auto detailing shop, transportation department, post-sale inspection services, and Internet auction technology powered by DAASW Simulcast.
Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest prides itself on being an independent, locally-owned auction with big business capabilities and the best customer service available anywhere. Every customer is important to us. Whether large or small, visiting for the first time or one of our "regulars", we consider you a friend in the business who deserves personal attention and a first-name greeting each and every sale day.
Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest was founded by Brad Sturgeon and Bill Baker and is managed by Jim Mumford. Situated on 15 acres in Phoenix, Arizona, we hold a weekly sale on Wednesdays at 11:30 am and run five auction lanes. With an average consignment of 600 cars and trucks per week, the auction features vehicles from Larry Miller Group, Earnhardt Group, Westlake Financial, Consumer Portfolio Service, Bell Road Toyota, and many more. Our customers also reap the benefits of our complete title services, full-service mechanic shop, auto detailing shop, transportation department, post sale inspection services, and Internet auction technology powered by DAASW Simulcast.
At Dealers Auto Auction of the Southwest, we care about YOUR success, ensured by your direct access to auction owners and general managers. Contact us today for more information and to register. We look forward to seeing you at DAASW very soon!