Essential Job Duties:
- Sew and stitch leather, vinyl, and fabric seat covers, armrests, door panels, and convertible tops.
- Recover and remove automotive seats by fitting, installing and securing material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, or staples.
- Install and remove seat covers by fitting and securing covers and materials to frames.
- Install and remove other interior components such as armrests, carpets, door panels, and headliners.
- Make, repair, or replace automobile upholstery and convertible tops, using knowledge of fabric and upholstery methods.
- Complete design on automotive seating with proper materials replicating an OEM look.
- Make, repair or replace automobile carpets, by fabricating carpets or installing carpet kits.
- Completely restore all components of antique and classic automobiles.
- Fabricate custom interiors (seating, door panels, etc.) per required specifications.
- Reupholster/custom design seat cover , boat seats, RV seats, motorcycles seats, and other miscellaneous items.
- Repair various components when needed- accessories, electrical, trim and more.
- Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover work pieces.
- Experience working on all types of vehicle makes and models – antique/classic automobiles to the modern automobiles of today.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns, measurement and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Be mechanically-inclined and detail-oriented.
- Have the ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and to walk, sit, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or crawl frequently.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and/or caustic chemicals from adhesives, sprays, and the like.
- Salary will be based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3-5 years (Required)
- Upholstery: 3-5 years (Required)
Warren- Michigan or Anaheim - California
Family owned and operated, we live to the ethical and legal standards of the land we operate in. Our customers are the focus of every decision we make. Our employees contribute, to their fullest, toward the realization of our vision and share in our combined success.
We take pride and pleasure in fulfilling our customers needs to preserve and protect one of their most valuable investments - their vehicles.