TranSystems Corporation is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our growing engineering department. The ideal candidate will be a licensed engineer with 2 to 10 years of professional experience on a diverse range of transportation-related projects.
The preferred candidate must possess strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to lead and manage technical work and multidisciplinary projects. PE license preferred, not required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
The Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing the transportation department assuring and coordinating the safe and efficient transport of all participants. Demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to participate in assessing, planning for, and providing transportation services with company policies and procedures. The Transportation Manager is required to have one year of experience working with the elderly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The hiring, training, management and scheduling of drivers.
Assist the Transportation Coordinator in daily scheduling and coordination of transportation, checking schedules completed by Transportation Coordinator for accuracy.
Conduct drivers’ quarterly meetings and Safety meetings, discussing issues that have arisen and to complete any retraining with staff that is necessary.
Participate in all required meetings including but not limited to IDT, family meetings, staff meetings, in-service training programs, quality improvement meetings, and any sub-groups as needed.
Establish a positive rapport with participants, participants family members, and other members of the Care team and its network providers.
Address and resolve all participant grievances within the requested timeline, conducting Service Recovery Calls to Participants and the Participants’ family.
Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
Ensure all transportation staff members are updated on all policies and procedures.
Interact closely with the senior center staff resolving concerns as they arise.
Works cooperatively and professionally with Center staff.
Manage and maintain a fleet of lift vans, A.D.A accessible mini buses ambulatory vehicles.
Keep all transportation logs, fuel cards, vehicle maintenance and mileage records, completing in an organized manner so records can be pulled upon request.
Address and resolve drivers’ personnel issues, including disciplinary actions.
Conduct / Monitor drivers’ performance evaluations.
Submit and manage all monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
Data entry into system, Updating pertinent information regarding participants daily. Addresses, Phone Numbers, Notes, etc.
Education & Training:
High School graduate.
College degree preferred.
Commercial driver license with passenger endorsement.
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience in Senior Care or related human services industry.
One year experience with the elderly required.
Extensive knowledge of San Francisco and surrounding areas streets, neighborhoods and traffic patterns.
Vehicle scheduling and dispatching a plus.
Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
Must be a self-starter.
Must be able to work unsupervised.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and see them to completion in a timely manner.
Must possess good communication skills.
Must be computer literate and proficient with Word, Excel and database management software.
Must be able to work weekends, Holidays and any shift as necessary.
Might be required to drive vehicles as needed.
Must be able to travel out of town with overnight when necessary
Be able to push 200lbs and lift 100lbs minimum
Position requires working in a seated position while operating computer, keyboard, mouse, phones and printers and filing of documents
Position may require standing/walking for up to 4 hours
Must be able to pass the DL51 (DOT Medical).
Secure Transportation is an EEO/AAP employer
We are seeking a Medical Transport Specialists to join our team! We are a small, but growing company looking for motivated individuals to help patients arrive to their destinations safely and in a timely manner. Help us help the Alameda and Santa Clara County families get to their appointments on time!
Paid Training & Leadership Programs- Federal
Are you seeking an entry level position, training-on-the-job, paid training or internships, apprenticeships, federal programs that offer housing and job training, or similar opportunities? Are you looking to replace traditional students jobs like dog walker, babysitter, sandwich artist or cashier on your resume with more valuable skills and employment opportunities?
Disaster Response. Environmental Projects. Community Support. Rebuilding. Human & Social Services. Technology. Urban & Rural Planning. Public Relations. Management. Education.
Start your application at https://vipnccc.com/apply
GED, HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS, TRADES TRAINING, SOME COLLEGE COURSES, ASSOCIATE DEGREE, BACHELOR DEGREE
CAREER INTEREST AREAS:
Start your application at https://vipnccc.com/apply
Position Title: Transportation Clerk (01112)
Reports To: Logistics Supervisor
Position Location: US Army Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area, Dublin, California
Work Days/Time: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm, Occasional evening/weekend hours
Hourly Wage: $17.31 per hour plus benefits
Must have a disability documented in writing by a physician licensed in the State of CA as credentialed to diagnose and capable of diagnosing, the specific disability or a written certification of disability by a CA State rehabilitation agency. Must pass a government security clearance upon application as well as subsequent criminal background checks and not be subject revocation of facility access during the term of employment. Must possess a valid California Drivers licenses for the duration of employment. Must have minimum of 2 years of experience as a Dispatcher and a High School Diploma. Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills.
Manual labor associated with working in a logistics warehouse. Workers in this job classification are under immediate supervision and perform various duties requiring moderate physical strength (able to lift and move materials up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move heavier items with the assistance of lifting devices or other workers) and the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, and/or stoop for periods of time up to 30 minutes, and climb on various types of ladders.
Typical duties include first point of contact for transportation services via phone or in-person; maintain vehicle records; inspect vehicles and schedule for maintenance and repair; take vehicles to the local vendor/repair shops; prepare weekly and monthly mileage reports; prepare and process accident reports; process returned vehicles for turn-in; pick up new vehicles from local sources; transport furniture and/or equipment; prepare reports; simple operation of office equipment and commercial mechanical equipment. Have working knowledge of Microsoft application and use of email, shared files, and simple data processing. Other task as directed and assigned by Supervisor.
A comprehensive training is provided to all workers. A valid California Commercial rivers licenses is required for the duration of employment. This is a federal installation requiring governmental clearance to access and continue working at the jobsite.
Work will be performed indoors and outdoors at the US Army Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area in Dublin, California.
We are hiring professional Kitchen Appliance installers (i.e. Commercial and Luxury appliances ,subzero refrigerator, Built-in ovens, cook tops, hoods and etc.).
MINIMUM 2 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE in delivering and installing appliances to cover the following cities: San Leandro, San Jose, San Francisco and all the surrounding cities.
WORKWEEK Some accounts We work Monday through Saturday; Off on Sundays. Some accounts we don't work on Saturdays also.
*** Unlike other companies, WE Pretty much HAVE WORK ALL YEAR ROUND for employees who present good quality!!!
COMPENSATION: Depends on experience and capabilities and skill level. Experienced installers average $200-$400 Daily.
GREAT PAY!!! There is a minimum guaranteed amount for weekly average, if your completion rate is above 85% and have good customer service. More details will be provided during the interview
EMPLOYMENT/CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time commitment is required
WHAT OUR INSTALLER is expected to do (among other things):
We are seeking a Broker Account Manager to join our team! You will resolve customer questions and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
Supports and contributes to the Goodwill Mission by providing leadership, strategy, a logistics platform and the execution of processes that effectively and efficiently maximize the collection and distribution of donated goods. Directs, coordinates and manages the flow of product to support the retail operation. Ensures that proper controls are in place to prevent loss. Directs repairs and maintenance on owned/leased trucks operated by the Agency. Coordinates and monitors the movement of goods, implement and maintains efficient supply chain and logistic strategies in warehouses and the Outlet; setting production goals, manages all aspects of donations, recycling, salvage and resource recovery programs. Directly supervises two Plant Managers and an Outlet Manager. It is essential to understand the needs and requirements of the retail stores in order to best maximize objectives.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that maximizes results with customers, logistics staff, co-workers, and management.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill Mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to employment become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
· Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required, to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
· Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keep work areas neat, clean and organized.
· Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE FACTORS
· Labor productivity
· On-time pickup and delivery
· Fuel efficiency & maintenance
· Damages to equipment and/or buildings
· Cost per fulltime equivalent employee for Workman’s Comp
· Inventory Accuracy
· Order Accuracy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to facilitate meetings and train staff.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Handle multiple priorities and give work direction to others.
· Understand and interpret financial reports.
· Work with and provide direction to individuals with diverse backgrounds
including but not limited to the following areas: age, race, gender, ethnic origin, physical and mental abilities, skill level, socio-economic background and previous employment experience.
CREDENTIALS, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES REQUIRED
· Current CA Driver's License
· Leadership Ability: Providing purpose and direction for individuals and groups; agency culture and values; facilitating the development of a shared strategic vision for the agency; formulating goals and planning changes with staff and setting priorities for the department in the context of agency needs.
· Organizational Ability: Planning and scheduling one’s own and others’ work so that resources are used appropriately; and short and long-term priorities and goals are met; scheduling flows of activities; establishing procedures to regulate activities; monitoring projects to meet deadlines; empowering the process in appropriate places.
· Problem Solving: Identifying the important elements of a situation by analyzing relevant information; framing problems; identifying possible causes; seeking additional needed information; framing and reframing possible solutions; exhibiting conceptual flexibility; assisting others to form reasoned opinions about problems and issues.
· Professional Judgment: Reaching logical conclusions and making high quality, timely decisions based on the best available information; exhibiting tactical adaptability; giving priority to significant issues.
· Implementation Skills: Making things happen; putting programs and change efforts into action; facilitating coordination and collaboration of tasks; providing midcourse corrections when actual outcomes start to diverge from intended outcomes or when new conditions require adaptation; supporting those responsible for carrying out projects and plans.
· Empowerment: Assigning projects, tasks and responsibilities together with clear authority to accomplish them in a timely and acceptable manner; utilizing subordinates effectively; following up on delegated activities.
· Staff Development: Working with staff to identify professional needs; planning, organizing and facilitating programs that improve staff effectiveness and are consistent with agency goals and needs; supervising individuals and groups; providing feedback on performance; arranging for assistance; engaging staff and others to plan and participate in recruitment and development activities; initiating self- development.
· Teamwork: Creating conditions that enhance employee desire and willingness to focus energy on achieving agency excellence; planning and encouraging participation, facilitating teamwork and collegiality; treating staff as professionals; providing intellectual stimulation; supporting innovation; recognizing and rewarding effective performances; providing feedback, coaching and guidance; providing needed resources; serving as a role model.
· Communication Proficiency: Making oral presentations that are clear and easy to understand; clarifying and restating questions; responding, reviewing and summarizing for groups; utilizing appropriate communication aids; adapting for audiences. Expressing ideas clearly; writing appropriately for different audiences; preparing brief memoranda.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT WORK, CONDITIONS AND HAZARDS
Goodwill Industries Greater East Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Goodwill Industries Greater East Bay is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
It is the policy of Goodwill of Greater East Bay to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Warehouse General Labor Needed - We will provide transportation!
3rd Shift - 9pm - 5:30 am
THIS POSITION IS IN MANTECA!!!
COMPANY BUS TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED AT DESIGNATED Oakland and Livermore PICK UP LOCATIONS**WE WILL PICK YOU UP AND DROP YOU OFF!
Oakland Pickup: 7:30pm - Walmart - 15555 Hesperian Blvd.
Livermore Pickup: 8:15pm - Target - 2800 Dublin Blvd.
$150-200 avg/per day
This General Labor position involves assisting the unloaders/lumpers with arriving freight by assembling, inspecting, and pallet wrapping product. Other duties may also be assigned, including labeling, re-labeling, and re-packing goods. Maintaining a clean and safe work environment and performing other related tasks as needed.
- Must be 18 years or older for consideration
- Able to lift 15-50 lbs as needed
- Able to endure longer periods of standing, walking, and lifting with or without reasonable accommodate.
- BILINGUAL is a plus!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Production Pay - $150-200 avg/per day
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORT SERVICES - NORTH DAKOTA
Not-for-profit Health System / Level 2 Trauma Center in North Dakota is seeking a Director of Transport Services. Fully integrated healthcare system serving Northwest/Central North Dakota and Eastern Montana. With a tertiary care hospital of 251 beds, close to a dozen rural health clinics and a long-term care facility, this healthcare system provides a full complement of healthcare services to the region. Established in 1992, NorthStar Criticair helicopter provides hospital-to-hospital transfers / critical care transport within a 150-mile radius.
The Director of Transport Services will provide leadership and direction for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) including ground and air transport; EMS Education; and call and transfer coordination (FirstCall).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare field required; preferably in Nursing or Paramedicine. Master’s Degree in Business or Leadership desired. Prior experience in ground and air transport preferred. Professional certification in an EMS Related Discipline preferred. Minimum three years of leadership and management experience required; preferably leadership and supervisory experience in the EMS Industry.
What we offer:
Email resume for immediate consideration or call Karen Hogan @ #210-651-4337 for more information.
• Responding to email inquiries and correspondences
• Handle daily, weekly and monthly reports requests
• Assist in preparation for various compliance reports
• Maintain multiple calendars and Excel Spreadsheets
• Data Entry
• Answering phones
• Support operations with inbound/outbound freight
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Receive paperwork from the drivers upon return from their runs. Review all paperwork: BOLs for signatures, arrival and departure times, backhaul paperwork for correct trailer numbers, etc. Record any issues and inform management
• Maintain driver files: prepare monthly reports regarding necessary inspections, physicals, etc.; communicate to drivers when needed
• Monitor and maintain common carrier information; ensure all information is up to date and COIs are current
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Candidate core competencies Detail oriented
• Answering routine and non-routine inquires and correspondence from the staff.
• Maintenance of accurate, complete and current files for office functions and operations.
We need you to be:
· Deadline driven and detail oriented
· Experience in Excel, Word
· Proficiency at Multi-Tasking
· Proficient in administrative duties and organizational duties
· Experienced with financial software
· Intermediate to advance in data entry skills – both alpha and numeric
· A people person with great customer service skills
· Fast Paced with an energetic personality
• Ability to work independently and function as a team member
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
· At least one year of related work experience.
· Full Time with some OT
· Proficient with Computers
· Available Saturdays (mandatory)
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Diamond Technology is a Technical Services company. We have a business client who is a large local Transportation organization.
JOB TITLE: Intelligent Transportation Systems QA Consultant (Individual or Company)
# OF OPENINGS: 1
LOCATION: San Francisco
DURATION: 3 YEARS
HOURLY RATE: DOE
We are looking for a team member (individual or company) with experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) QA & QC, especially in the following areas...
Intelligent Transportation Systems Quality Assurance & Quality Control
Computer Aided Dispatch
Automatic Vehicle Location
Frequency acquisition for radio spectrum
Mobile voice and data radio transmission system and analysis and design (including developing or reviewing drawings, specifications, test plans, and procedures)
Land mobile radio
Radio system installation and testing
Electromagnetic field analysis
Large-scale public safety radio system design
• BS degree from an accredited school in computer Science or related degree (advanced degree helpful) or equivalent work is required.
• 5-10 years’ experience working for or with Transportation agency or government department
• Excellent written and verbal communications, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
If you are a problem solver, passionate about staying up to date on knowledge and technical skills, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking an experienced Resident Engineer (RE) that will be responsible for the administration of the construction contract, as well as to lead multiple/concurrent projects on behalf for on behalf of the Bay Aera Rapid Transition (BART).
BART connects the San Francisco Peninsula with Berkeley, Oakland, Fremont, Walnut Creek, Dublin/Pleasanton, and other cities in the East Bay. For more than 45 years BART has provided fast, reliable transportation to downtown offices, shopping centers, tourist attractions, entertainment venues, universities, and other destinations for Bay Area residents and visitors alike.
The person in this role must have experience working in a team environment and have the ability to direct and supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineering, inspection, materials testing, field contract administration, and to act as liaison with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, design professionals, and regulatory agencies.
The Resident Engineer will be technically competent and have knowledge of contract administration procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee construction projects for the client in field offices
Skills & Requirements
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT NEEDED! LONG TERM, FULLTIME
♦Schedule: Monday-Friday (AFTERNOON SHIFT)
♦Ability to lift 75 pounds
♦Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
♦Perform inventory controls
♦Keep a clean and safe working environment
♦Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
♦Comply with procedures, rules and regulations
---►TO APPLY PLEASE CALL 1-800-617-9949
VMD Corp is a privately-owned company providing aviation security services for Transportation Security Administration. Transportation Security Officers (TSO's) perform a variety of duties to ensure the safety of the traveling public. As a TSO, you will be responsible for identifying dangerous objects in property and/or on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
Additional responsibilities will include:
Required Skills / Experience:
Other Conditions of Continued Employment
This is a non-critical sensitive National Security position that requires you to be fingerprinted photographed and complete appropriate security paperwork including a TSA background Investigation for National Security Positions.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.