Training Intern (Remote, Temporary 2020)
Part-time • Starts April 1, 2020 - Ends Nov. 15, 2020 • $25/hour Work from Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
To apply: Please go to https://grnh.se/f5a8ec6c1 to submit your resume, cover letter, and an application.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women.
In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.As a training intern at MoveOn, you will help educate, inspire, and equip MoveOn members around the country to take action through impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, impact the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible.
A successful candidate will have...
Reports to: Training Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time (up to 15 hours per week), $25 per hour, a monthly stipend toward cell phone and internet costs and everything you need to work from a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This position is responsible for the successful delivery of Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) driver training services, ensuring training is completed effectively and in line with client expectations and contract obligations. This position will provide direct leadership to a team of CMV Driver Trainers working in multiple locations.
• Leads, develops and coaches team, consisting of remote staff in multiple locations:
o Provides clear expectations, feedback and recognition
o Participates in the hiring/selection process
o Writes and conducts performance evaluations and progress reports
o Handles associate relations issues
• Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
o Margin targets
o Client satisfaction
o Associate retention
• Manages training calendar and resources, including trainers, facilities, equipment, materials, etc.
• Conducts CMV driver training as necessary, including classroom and behind-the-wheel training.
• Provides feedback on training effectiveness and opportunities for improvement to training development staff.
• Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
• Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and margin targets.
• Enforces and support all company policies and procedures. Fully support the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business-related field.
• 3+ years of CMV driver training experience.
• Leadership experience desirable.
• Must have valid Commercial Motor Vehicle license.
• Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
• In-depth knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle regulations.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage remote workforce.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment.
When training, work involves the operation of a commercial motor vehicle on a closed-course and public roads.
Travel Requirement: 40%-50%
This Job Profile is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented as necessary to meet business needs.
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING
Please only apply if you have Corporate Restaurant Training experience. The Director of Training is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's employees. This position assesses chain-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position manages two direct reports: Manager of Training and NRO Coordinator; and provides support for actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
1. Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
2. Proposes training and development programs and objectives.
3. Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
4. Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
5. Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
6. Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
7. Develops and maintains organizational communications such as bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
8. Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
9. Modifies programs as needed.
10.Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
11.Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
1. Business Acumen.
4. Global & Cultural Awareness.
5. HR Expertise.
6. Leadership & Navigation.
7. Relationship Management.
Required Education and Experience
• A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience, or nine years of experience in the HR field.
• A master's degree in human resource management.
• CHT (Certified Hospitality Trainer) credential.
• Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential.
• Company-paid holidays, generous vacation policy
• Excellent health, dental and vision plan offering.
Corporate Bonus plan
• 401k program
• Meal reimbursement (when traveling to work sites)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tired of clocking in only to trade your time for a paycheck? Are you looking for a place to start your career? OLN Inc is the place for you!
OLN Inc is currently hiring motivated professionals who are looking to escape time clock and join our growing firm! We are seeking to add entry level sales associates to our team, as we provide 100% hands on training - so prior experience in our specific field is not required. We specialize in the areas of customer acquisition and team management, which all requires being great at working with people. So if you are a people person or just desire to work in a team environment, we encourage you to apply!
This is an ENTRY-LEVEL position with MANAGEMENT POTENTIAL. We are looking to train in: sales, customer acquisitions, leadership, team management and overall business operations.
OLN also offers:
What is OLN looking for in a candidate?
What is OLN looking for in an individual?
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For immediate consideration or questions please contact Jessica at 562.425.2402. Please make sure your contact information is up to date.