Lights! Camera! Volunteers!
Cinequest Film & Creativity Festival is seeking dynamic, energetic, and reliable individuals to join a team of more than 700 volunteers who help make an impact on the festival, and the artists, innovators, and audiences Cinequest serves.
Located in the home of the world’s most influential media technology companies such as: Apple, Cisco, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, and LinkedIn, the Festival celebrates the convergence of art and technology across the Bay Area. Showcasing premier films, renowned and emerging artists, and breakthrough technology – including the continuation of our Virtual Reality Experience, Cinequest has led the world in presenting and implementing the innovations that have revolutionized film making, exhibition, and distribution.
Named the best film festival by USA Today readers -- Cinequest strives to always provide an intimate and world class experience at one of the largest film festivals in the world.
This is where you come in! Our volunteers are vital to the community experience and take on one or multiple roles in order to ensure that this year’s Film and Creativity Festival exceeds the expectations of our artists, innovators, and patrons. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to connect with like-minded lovers of art and tech, as well as experience the events as festival insiders!
The Cinequest Film & Creativity Festival 2020 will run from March 3rd to March 15th in both San Jose and Redwood City CA. It will include hundreds of special events, film premieres, workshops, and celebrations. There are volunteer opportunities both before and during the festival in a variety of roles to suit the various skill sets and interests of our volunteers.
Roles include: Administration, Box Office, Concierge, Events, Greeters, Hospitality Envoy, Marketing, Projectionist, Speakers, Special Forces, VR Customer Service/Tech Guru, Theater Managers, and Ushers.
Volunteers can earn perks like free movie tickets, and festival access passes, as well as the reward of providing an invaluable service to Cinequest and your community!
Volunteers are required to attend our Volunteer kick-off event on Sunday, Jan. 19th at Pruneyard Cinemas (1875 S. Bascom Ave, Campbell, CA 95008) from 9:30am to 11:30am.
To learn more about each of the volunteer roles, and to sign-up to be a volunteer please visit our volunteer page: www.cinequest.org/volunteer.
We also urge you to visit our website: www.cinequest.org , to learn more about the Film & Creativity Festival as well as our other venture: Picture the Possibilities.
Job Title: Production & Operations Manager
Job Category: Office
Position Type: Full Time
Production & Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of show and events produced at the Howard Theatre by managing the technical and personnel aspects of the production & general operation of the facility which are unrelated to the service of food & beverage.
Job Responsibilities (including by not limited to):
· Advancing all event details for all shows and events
· Adhere to a budget to ensure all costs are being tracked and monitored
· Ensure that the needs of all performers are met within budgets
· Hiring and maintaining all necessary staff including sound, lights, video, stagehands, box office, security & cleaning crew.
· Hiring outside security when necessary
· General overall maintenance of the Theatre
· Attend production meetings with corporate sales department & potential clients
· Maintain cleanliness & inventory of all production equipment
· Work with talent buyers to create show budgets
· Develop and foster relationships with artist, tour crew, artist management, venues and other important personnel
· Responsible for show settlement so that artists are paid accordingly.
· Maintain regular communications with Corporate Management, Talent buyers & concessionaire, and facilitate proper interdepartmental communication and organization
· Assist in creating budgetary requirements and tracking the financial aspects of all departments
· Nightly End of Day report to Corporate office & Talent buyers
· Advance food and beverage/hospitality requirements.
· Maintain accurate vendor records, following Purchase Ordering Systems.
· Minimum 5 Years of Audio Engineering, Tour and Stage Production experience.
· Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems and basic video systems.
· Experience with basic wired and wireless computer networking
· Experience interpreting event contracts and developing accurate production budgets
· Must be flexible to work long hours, nights, weekends & holidays
Theatre Operations Tech- PT/Seasonal
Immediate opening for a well-organized & motivated individual w/ exp. in entertainment production - strong focus in LIGHTING REQUIRED.
Must have extensive knowledge in ETC lighting systems, Vectorworks drafting (w/ Spotlight and Renderworks), GrandMA 2 Light console and working knowledge of LED fixtures; knowledge of architectural controls, power distribution, sACN & other networking protocols, as well as moving head fixture repairs is a plus.
Send/e-mail resume to The Kravis Center, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401 or click to apply now.
NO PHONE CALLS
About The Kravis:
The Kravis Center's Mission is to enhance the quality of life in Palm Beach County by:
Presenting a diverse schedule of national and international artists and companies of the highest quality
Offering comprehensive arts education programs
Providing a Palm Beach County home for local and regional arts organizations in which to showcase their work
Providing economic catalyst and community leadership in West Palm Beach, supporting efforts to increase travel and tourism to Palm Beach County