Epic Theatres, Inc.
Position Title: General Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Full Time
Job Requirements: Formal Training/Skills:
High School diploma (or equivalent) and Customer Service/Telephone Etiquette
Two years of managing experience or Team Building/Problem Solving
Associate’s Degree in related field Microsoft Excel
Motor coordination, manual and finger dexterity Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Advanced computer skills
Advanced organization skills
Telephone etiquette skills
When on duty, the General Manager is autonomously put in trust of the daily operation of the movie theatre and directs the operation, team members, and services in fulfillment of Company policies, procedures, and standards. The General Manager is in charge of enriching the lives of people—team members and guests alike.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
1. Ensure that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
2. Control merchandise inventory, expenses, and payroll.
3. Ensure concession stand is adequately stocked.
4. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
5. Continually evaluate and react to performance issues.
6. Any other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
7. Demonstrate pride of ownership in the operation of the business by making fiscally responsible decisions.
8. Establish the theatre as a vibrant gathering place and serve as an active member of the community.
9. Uphold Company values and basic principles of honesty, integrity, and a sincere commitment to our team members, customers, and guests.
10. Uphold and nurture an environment of direct, timely, and honest communication, creativity and growth.
11. Follow management schedule provided by corporate office.
12. Assist with selection, training, and developing dynamic staff members.
13. Exhibit showmanship and implement and support the marketing of the Company brand and products.
14. Retain or send in documentation to home office as directed.
15. Operate projection and sound equipment in order to exhibit high quality film or digital presentation.
16. Verify and account for accurate handling of safe funds.
17. Supervise and maintain the safe operation of the overall facility and equipment and observe all safety & security guidelines.
18. Maintain food service quality control and the highest standard of food safety.
19. Maintain active certifications for all required State and Local licenses.
20. Support industry standards by actively working to prevent movie theft and adhering to the MPAA ratings system.
21. Communicate with Supervisor on operational issues as they arise.
22. Keep exterior and parking lot clean, neat, and orderly.
23. Work with local ad sales force to maximize onscreen advertising profitability.
24. Hit goals set by Supervisor.
Essential Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
2. Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
3. Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
4. Ability to freely access all areas of the theatre including concession stand, box office, projection booth, and auditoriums.
5. Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the theatre including digital projectors.
6. Ability to climb ladders.
7. Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
8. Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee theatre operations.
9. Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and e-mail.
Responsible for running the box office during office hours (12pm - 5pm) and one hour before performances. Responsibilities include all aspects of ticket sales including selling tickets and providing information about the events occurring. There is a possibility to share house manager responsibility. The applicant should be detail oriented and have the ability to properly and efficiently handle forms of payment including cash, checks, and credit card processing. Must possess strong customer service skills and have an affinity for dealing well with the public in varying situations. An ideal candidate should have the ability to work independently as well as with a team of peers. Can always expect to be working with someone to answer any questions. Occasionally evening and weekend hours are necessary.
*Seasonal Position (Currently looking for two individuals Part Time)