Manages the Development Technical Program Support (TPS) team which enables Assay and Reagent Development (ARD) to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in project demand and prioritization across lifecycles. This position also identifies and networks with other functional areas within the company as required to expedite the product development lifecycle. Works closely with strategic stakeholders to define resourcing and demand requirements and translate into appropriate staffing. Also works in tandem with development teams to target training and resourcing for specific business needs and develop short and long term strategies.
Develops technical training; implements and tracks individual's training and skill sets; and partners with RMS training organization to ensure alignment of training matrices for staff. Designs, evaluates, and manages onboarding and on-going training and addresses learning gaps to reskill the workforce. Alignment and communication with key stakeholders, including external agencies, senior leadership, subject matter experts, and business functions to meet strategic imperatives.
- Ensures appropriate screening, hiring, onboarding, and training development for TPS team members.
- Collaborates with Finance, business partners, and external agencies to manage and efficiently deploy resources to projects based on anticipated demand.
- Translates Strategic Business Plan into tactical plans for resources and training in the product development area.
- Evaluates and optimizes workforce support by examining demand gaps, identifying business needs, recommending and implementing solutions, and supplying resources to meet deliverables.
- Assesses, creates, and manages processes, tools and mechanisms for gathering, tracking, and analyzing metrics for resourcing and training.
- Builds a team environment which fosters innovation and collaboration and empowers employees through regular individual employee meetings as well as check-ins with functional leads.
- Ensures resource skill sets are matched with relevant projects while developing and delivering project tracking, resource utilization, and other relevant metrics.
- Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or in a related field.
- 8 or more years of progressive, related work experience demonstrating increased competencies.
- With MS: 6 or more years of progressive, related work experience demonstrating increased competencies.
- With Ph.D.: 4 or more years combined of progressive, related work experience demonstrating increased competencies.
- Proven people leadership and management experience.
- Experience with assay development processes and associated regulatory requirements.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong managerial, assessment, and team building skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge in pathology, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and diagnostic instrumentation.
- Ability to influence/ lead in a matrix environment.
- Strong personal presence and presentation skills.
Incidental domestic travel may be requested.
Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.