Do you love technical gadgets and how they work and helping people? Here’s why you should consider Plugable!
At Plugable, we live our mission to deliver the best in class technology products, including amazing customer support. If you've ever contacted customer support for a product, only to find they can't help you or you get passed along to others that can’t help/ Sadly, that’s the status quo in the support world. That's *NOT* us. At plugable we love our customers, we love our products, and we're not afraid to break new ground to provide better customer support and live our mission.
If we still have your interest, continue reading…
Your day to day…
A typical day consists of customer support (tickets), and longer-term projects. We mix it up so there is constantly an opportunity to do interesting new things every day.
Your experience includes…
Moving your experience forward at Plugable…
Our philosophy is to unify work on product specification, documentation, and support -- so when customers ask questions, they're getting answers directly from the experts on the product. Over time, you will have the opportunity to grow into other responsibilities including:
Our employees work out of our Redmond, WA office and some work offsite.
*Please ensure your cover letter is in the body of the email and shows off your best writing. Please attach your resume as a pdf only. Include links to any public writing you have (especially anything technical). We look forward to connecting with you!
We are looking for a highly-skilled, Support Technician to be a critical part of our Managed Services Team and join our mission of revolutionizing Healthcare Information Technology. The ideal candidate is a self-starting and flexible individual, willing to be both hands-on, innovative, and interested in advancing a career within a growing company.
If you're energized by providing exceptional customer service and able to “walk the talk” that excellent service is vital to our success, this is the opportunity for you. Our team is filled with passionate people who strive to make a genuine difference for our clients. If you are a driven person who exceeds expectations and appreciates a relaxed environment and awesome coworkers, we would love to talk to you!
The Support Technician will have designated clients that they work with on a regular basis in helping the customer achieve and maintain their IT infrastructure needs. She/He will typically be working at a customer site and is responsible for working closely with clients and cross-functional support teams to manage and maintain the local and wide area network technology used by our clients and everything in between. This position involves using both technology and business skills in support of our client’s networks. The position requires network administration skills, in-depth workstation knowledge and management for both Windows and Mac operating systems, attention to detail, business intuition, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to professionally present ideas to all levels of the corporate structure.
She/He is responsible for the analysis and alignment of customer IT infrastructures with our company’s defined best practices. This person represents the front line of the service arm, is fanatical about excellent customer service, and is passionate about solving business problems with technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain technical knowledge of assigned client environments
· Perform regular, proactive service implementing best practices and standards
· Minimize reactive issues through understanding and accurately applying existing proactive services
· Drive the technical relationship with assigned clients
· Provide remote support when not engaged in on-site appointments
· Manage and maintain up-to-date Client Documentation
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Collaborate with vCIO, Client Account Management, and Service Team to ensure excellent customer service is being delivered
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed-upon service levels
· Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
· Develop in‐depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer needs
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for diligently entering all time and expenses in the ticketing system as they occur
· Work through a daily schedule that has been established
· Trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless
· Troubleshooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments
· Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/O365 environments
· Workstation management and troubleshooting
· Understand processes in the PSA solution by completing assigned training materials
· Enter all work as service tickets into the PSA system
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up‐to‐date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
· Degree in Computer Science, or related field
· Healthcare IT experience
· CCNA - networking level
· Professional IT Certifications, such as MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or VMware VCP
JOB TITLE: NETWORK TECHNICIAN
This employee is responsible for providing support for a network by trouble shooting, installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and data communications equipment, and supporting end users in the use of such equipment.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
1) installing equipment for data communications networks including: hardware, software and data communications equipment.
2) Trouble-shooting equipment for data communications networks including: computer hardware, software and data communications equipment.
3) Maintaining equipment for data communications networks including: computer hardware, software and data communications equipment.
4) Providing support to users of data communications networks.
5) Evaluating development/integration with modernized GPS systems using proprietary software platform.
6) Make recommendations in the form of requirements analysis, network application design, implementation, problem investigation and resolution along with network application evaluation.
1) Demonstrated knowledge of current products and services available and applicable to LAN/WAN and data communications systems.
2) Demonstrated knowledge of computing systems, electronics and software development required to design, manage and trouble-shoot high performance client-server network applications.
3) Demonstrated experience in client-server network applications.
4) Experience in soldering small components preferred
5) Ability to work effectively with personal on all levels.
1) Three years of full-time experience in a similar position
2) College degree in data communications engineering, computer science or a related field.
Technical Support Specialist
Information Technology | Houston, TX, United States
Title: Technical Support Specialist
Reports to: Technical Support Supervisor
Based at: Houston, TX
We have a position open for a Technical Support Specialist. This position will help resolve both simple and complex issues to our clients' satisfaction, including but not limited to troubleshooting, and managing multiple issues from open to close. The role will be extraordinarily challenging and requires high intelligence, some detective skills, motivation to learn, the ability to multi task and a knack for understanding how to support and troubleshoot software. Training will be provided but the drive will come from you. We have a team of talented individuals with the same goal, to help the Clients succeed.
· Troubleshooting and testing customer issues over the phone, email and through remote assistance software
· Learn the setup of our software and business application of all of our products
· Assist in troubleshooting issues related to our software within mixed environments
· Work with our case management system, keeping track of your own support tickets and following through to completion
· Monitoring and helping other technicians with support tickets
· 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting proprietary software
· A+ certification (or comparable certification, training, or degree)preferred, not required
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Experience with windows domain environments
· Strong ability to work independently and with a team
· Superior organizational skills
Other Preferred Skills:
· Take direction as well as operate independently
· Familiar with XML and/or SQL
· Any other skill related to troubleshooting Windows environments and software applications
· Experience with software as a service preferred (SAAS)
· Understanding of basic database relationships and terminology preferred
· Qualified applicants must be able to pass a background check.
· Pay is dependent upon relevant experience.