This position averages 5-10 hours a week. No culinary degree or professional cooking experience required.
Do you like to work with kids and have a passion for cooking and nutrition?
LIFT Enrichment, Inc is the fastest-growing healthy cooking class program for kids in Southern California. Our mission is to transform the lives of 250,000 kids by improving their health and confidence in the kitchen. Currently we teach 1,500+ kids a week at 100+ sites with over 60 chef teachers.
We are looking for engaging and experienced Chef Teachers to teach our after-school culinary education to students all throughout Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley.
- Help students learn the art of cooking so they can improve their nutrition and connect with their family over homemade food
- Fun and rewarding experience for teachers as they bond with students and teach engaging cooking classes
- Great supplemental income for all types of people from students in school to actors/musicians looking for a flexible schedule
- Will look great on your resume moving forward in your career
- Professional or volunteer experience teaching/working with children ages 5-12
- Excellent cooking skills (no culinary degree or formal culinary education required)
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- Own a reliable car
- No criminal background
- Availability a minimum of 3 afternoons (7.5 hours)
- Shop for and prep ingredients for each class - quick reimbursement!
- Teach cooking classes in an engaging way - we provide curriculum!
- Commit to 6-8 week sessions per school. Sessions are once a week.
- Good communication by phone and email with the internal team
$50 per cooking class! (2.5 hours of work total - Shopping, prepping, driving to class, teaching)
All training - Video tutorials, chef handbook and orientation is paid
Blue Oak Creative Schoolhouse is a prominent preschool located on the Westside of Los Angeles. We are currently looking for Assistant Teachers and a Lead Teacher to complete our team. We are a close-knit community of dedicated educators and supportive families. We offer a competitive salary as well as full time benefits that include: vacation pay, personal days, health insurance, 401k options, opportunities for workshops/ team & personal development, continued education stipends, and a passionate team of hard working educators to grow with. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Requirements for both positions:
- Background check clearance through LiveScan
- Negative TB test
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Must love children and have an understanding of child development
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Minimum of 12 ECE units completed
- Previous classroom experience a plus but not required
- Willingness to learn and grow as an educator
- Wonderful opportunity for a student interested in gaining experience in a
- Minimum of 24 ECE units completed
- 2 years classroom teaching experience preferred
- Understanding of Constructivist Approach / Reggio Emilia Approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player. Experience working successfully in a team teaching environment is a plus!
*Please include your resume with a COVER LETTER letting us know what has inspired you to choose a career in Early Childhood Education.
We look forward to hearing from you!
New Family Child Care & Preschool in Los Angeles, CA has an immediate opening for an Infant/ Toddler Teacher Assistant & Daycare Assistant to keep up with our growth: We are looking for dedicated, professional, responsible, hard working person with loves to work with children.
Candidates Must be fluent in Spanish and live in Los Angeles.
Education & Experience:
• Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
Experience with early-childhood education
Must have at least 12 units in early child development, including 3 units infant /toddler development.
• Experience teaching arts & Craft, and methods Montessori.
Must hold all infants under the age of one, when feeding them with a bottle.
• Strong knowledge of Safe Infant Sleeping Practices and implement these at all times.
• Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and parents in a positive, effective and professional manner.
• Experience with communicating with families
• Knowing how to multitask under pressure a must.
• Pediatric CPR and First Aid certified with the ability to act quickly and appropriately during emergencies and hazardous situations.
• Must have current immunization shots: including MMR, Tdap, TB test, Influenza Shot or waiver
• Must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to routinely carry, bend, kneel, sit on small furniture and sit on the floor.
Duties will include:
Post daily photos of children in the app.
Supervision of children
Teaching children (circle/reading time, arts & crafts)
Collaborate in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
• Incorporating fine and gross motor development activities in daily routines.
• Provide vocal stimulus and modeling by reading out loud, singing and speaking to infants.
• Assume responsibility of the classroom. Assist with the preparation and clean up food during meal times.
• Maintain a healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environment at all times.
• Document the Infant’s developmental growth with a developmental portfolio, which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
• Perform periodic parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental growth, needs, and concerns.
• Model positive behavior, attitude, and language for children and staff.
• Change diapers and clothing as needed. Follow the diapering procedures at all times.
• Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Open to applicants with a teacher's degree in Spanish-speaking countries
• Year round
Hours of Operation:
• Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time
Salary per Hours: Varies Depending on qualifications
• Spanish (Preferred)
• One location
Work Location: West Adams-Los Angeles, CA 90016
Hours per week:
Email your resume or call me for interviews at 3238319982
We are looking for a fun, preschool teacher who likes to get messy and have fun. We are a NAEYC accredited school in the heart of the Civic Center in downtown Los Angeles.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities: Strong knowledge of child development theory.
Experience with current developmentally appropriate early childhood practices.
Experience in Emergent Curriculum both in practice and implementation
Experience in planning and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices for children aged 2 to 3.
Experience in documenting children's developmental growth with a developmental portfolio which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
A clear understanding of Title 22 regulations and NAEYC Criteria.
Skilled at creating a nurturing, stimulating, environment for children, staff, and parents.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills to lead and interact effectively with staff, parents, and professionals affiliated with the center.
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English, both written and orally.
Education, Certifications, and Background Clearances
Associate's degree in early childhood education or related field, 3 infant/ toddler units required
Minimum of two years of experience teaching preschool.
Obtain clear DOJ, FBI, child abuse index
CPR (Infant and Child) and First Aid certified.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include: Medical (we Pay 75%), Dental, Vision, Aflac, Paid vacations (9 hours of Paid Time Off a month, plus 8 hours on your birthday). Paid Time Off rolls over. Paid Holidays (12-13 in a year), plus 3 Staff Development Days a year, Annual NAEYC Membership, Educational Reimbursement up to 500.00 a year. We pay for training, and workshops pertaining to child development.
Compensation is based on education and experience.
Mount Washington Preschool and Child Care Center Inc. is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified persons regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Lic. 198015240 and 198015239
Job Type: Full-time
We are searching for a loving, creative, experienced teacher with at least 2 years head teacher experience. Responsibilities include filling in as a teacher when needed, giving breaks to other teachers, and attending staff meetings. We are looking for someone with curriculum development skills who thinks outside the box. You must have at least 12 early childhood units, CPR certified, fingerprinted, and up to date with immunizations. We are a family owned business and have been here for over 40 years. We are looking to hire immediately. Hours are 8:30am - 1:30 pm. Please call for immediate response. 818-883-0607
Child Development Consortium of Los Angeles (CDCLA), a non-profit organization, is looking for dedicated, skilled and caring teachers for our high-quality early education programs.
Teacher applicants should have a minimum of 12 units in early childhood education, , have a criminal record and TB clearance and current Pediatric CPR/First Aid certification. Experience in an accredited center or a California Department of Education Program is helpful.
Substitute teacher positions are available for students or others who need a more flexible schedule.
Sunday School Teacher Part Time $18/hr (2-3 hrs per week)
The teacher is an educator. In this capacity his/her concern is for the salvation and maturation of the children placed in his/her charge.
The teacher is under the supervision of the Children's Ministry Coordinator. She/He has a cooperative relationship with the other teachers in the Sunday School. She/He is a guide, facilitator, spiritual counselor, and example to the pupils in his class. She/He is a representative of the Children's Ministry.
1. Maintain Spiritual Life
a. Attend regular services of a church.
b. Conduct a private devotional life.
2. Continue self‐improvement:
a. Keep informed of current ideas and information about Sunday School.
b. Evaluate one's teaching periodically and find ways to improve its effectiveness.
1. In the classroom
a. Conduct a learning session appropriate to the needs and understanding of the children.
b. Involve the children in the lesson. (activities, questions, discussion etc.)
c. Provide opportunity for the salvation of each child and the subsequent maturation in Christ.
d. Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before the announced starting time for Sunday school to arrange materials and greet children. (9am)
e. Complete attendance and personal data records as specified.
f. Be regular in attendance.
2. Outside the classroom
a. Review/Prepare each lesson in a thorough manner. (Gospel Project).
b. Plan activities for your class.
c. Develop a thorough understanding of the age level you teach. (3rd-5th). Study the appropriate age‐level manual and handbooks.
d. Pray earnestly for each child.
e. Notify supervisor well in advance of anticipated absences.
New City Church
591 E. Palm Ave.
El Segundo, CA
Happy Day School is looking for afternoon teachers aides. Must love children, have child development units and be reliable. Hours are 2:30pm-6:30pm Monday- Friday. Please call Pam or Hunter between the hours of 9:00am-2:00pm. Also please send your resume
We are Young Ninjas USA! We are looking for fun, energetic people to join our team of afterschool martial arts instructors!
-Travel to schools in your area to teach our fun, non-contact martial arts program! We're especially looking for instructors to teach in the West LA, San Fernando Valley, and Central LA.
-No martial arts experience necessary, though it is encouraged (must be physically fit and active)
-We provide all training and curriculum!
-After-school hours (2-3pm) - flexible with other part-time jobs! (45-60 minutes a class)
-Perfect for personal trainers, fitness instructors, motivational speakers or people who just love working with children.
1) Be FUN and have lots of ENERGY!
2) ANY kind of active/sports/fitness experience or background: EX: FITNESS, SPORTS, GYMNASTICS, etc. MARTIAL ARTS is a plus.
3) Must have experience working with children in a GROUP SETTING
4) Have a reliable source of transportation which is NOT public, ride sharing, or a motorcycle.
5) Be able to commit to an entire semester of classes (Approximately 3 Months)
PAY: As you train, rate is $20 per 45/60 min class. After 4-6 weeks of training, you can be promoted to a Sensei where you will make $30/$40 per class. We teach in the morning hours, afternoon, afterschool, weekend classes, birthday parties, and special events. The longer you teach with us and show a commitment to the program we will reward you with more classes and work opportunities.
APPLY: Reply/Email with your resume (and picture/headshot is available)
Private Music School in San Pedro, Ca ….looking for a Part Time Voice Teacher. University Student or Graduate a plus. Currently we are looking for the right person to take over 8-10 students on Monday’s and Wednesday’s afternoons and evenings for 30 min lessons. Some Piano skills helpful. Great opportunity for the right person.
Serious applicants only. Email resume to and/or call for more info. The Gray School of Music 1079 W. 22nd St. San Pedro,Calif 90731 (310) 832-0519
DO YOU WANT TO GET PAID TO PLAY?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH A LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE TEAM?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL?
THEN SEND US YOUR RESUME!
AND AN AWESOME PERSONALITY
WE ARE LOCATED NEAR THE HOLLYWOOD AND WESTERN METRO STATION
Large and growing dance studio in Temple City is looking for a Ballet/Jazz teacher. We are looking for someone who is comfortable teaching AND choreographing, as we put on 2 major shows per year and have many students who also participate in competitions. If interested, please email a resume and any video links of your choreography
Our mission at The Gray Academy is to create an academic institution that addresses all the needs of the whole child, with a custom individualized approach to learning and therapy. We aim to fill the void of a school that offers a specialized education, coupled with physical, occupational, speech and language, music therapy and additional support to the student and families we serve.
The Gray Academy opened in September of 2018, and became certified by the California Department of Education as a Non Public School last year. We are now well into our second year of serving students with neurological disorders, traumatic brain injuries and global developmental delays. We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Special Education Teacher with a moderate to severe credential. We would like someone that has experience with curriculum development, creating and adapting lesson plans to be individualized for our students, IEP and goal writing. We are looking for someone that is well-organized, a self-starter/leader, patient and collaborative. The Gray Academy, located in Santa Monica, is a small, intimate school that offers an opportunity to really give the appropriate care and attention these children need.
The Special Education Teacher will be supported by a team of adults working collaboratively. We currently employ a SLP, SLPA, OT, PT and an Auditory Vestibular therapist to work with the children and assist in the classroom. An Instructional Aide is on staff to support the teacher with classroom duties. Additionally, we have designated yoga, music, movement and social skills throughout the week.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University
• Valid California Education Specialist Instructional Credential - Moderate/Severe Disabilities
• Verification of passing CBEST, CSET and RICA
• CPI Certification or the availability to be training by HBIC/CHDS within first 90 days of employment
• CPR/First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
• Two years' experience in special education preferred.
• Experience working with an alternate curriculum preferred
• Experience in auditing and monitoring of compliance for district, state and federal regulations regarding special education, including facilitating IEP meetings preferred.
• A current background check through the FBI and DOJ must be cleared
• A current TB Test (within last 12 months)
The Gray Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disabilities, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.
ASTEME Math & STEM Center in West Los Angeles is a groundbreaking progressive learning center that focuses on teaching children how math is used in the everyday world. We are expanding our program and looking for people who have experience working with kids kids (K-8th) any of the following subjects: math, engineering (electrical, chemical, mechanical, civil, or computer), science, coding, or technology. If you have any additional skill sets that you feel kids would enjoy learning, please describe.
We are now hiring teachers to be part of our dynamic team. We currently have two part-time flexible positions open Monday-Saturday 8:30AM-3:30PM. Ideal for parents or students. Please meet the following criteria:
1) Be professional, creative, outgoing, fun, and likable
2) Must love and have experience working with kids
3) Must be a team player and easy to get along with
5) Must be comfortable with math Kindergarten - 8th grade
Hiring now for part-time work.
Please send resume with a cover letter including salary history.
We are a small agency committed to providing effective, empirically validated educational and behavioral services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
We are in search of experienced ABA therapists to provide 1:1 service in the school and home setting. Must be fluent in data collection and program implementation. Currently looking for the Los Angeles area.
We are seeking individuals with:
• A Bachelor’s or Master's in psychology, education or related field
• Direct service experience using ABA methodologies in the school setting
• A working cell phone with an ongoing service plan
• Valid driver's license with insurance
• A clear FBI & DOJ record
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong desire to help others
• Health Insurance with dental and vision
• Life insurance
• 401k plan with company contribution
• Paid Vacation Time
• Initial and ongoing paid training
• RBT certification
• Ongoing supervision
• Opportunities for growth within the company
• Paid drive time and mileage between clients
• Opportunities for BCBA or BCaBA supervision hours
Please provide 3 references with resume.
Our Nature Growers' teacher is a creative educator responsible for preparing whole-child lesson plans. This educator is passionate about learning and can encourage students and families to think and explore as learners. This teacher is extremely comfortable with Common Core Standards and is an innovator who combines best practices and protocols of constructivist and project-based learning (PBL). This person is a creative educational professional who is competent at creating ambitious lesson plans in partnership with the students and can formally and informally assess students’ comprehension based on the TKG Learning Trajectory as well as the individual student’s developmental capacity within their Zone of Proximal development.
Requirements / Qualifications
M.A. or B.A. in a subject you are passionate about.
4 Years Professional experience.
Project Based Learning or experience in supporting students in practicing deeper learning competencies (critical thinking, collaboration, effective communication, own their learning, and build confidence)
Conflict Resolution Skills
Willingness to continue learning through Professional Development
To Apply, please submit:
References (at least 3)
IMMEDIATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
One Full-Time OR Two Part-Time Infant Room Teachers
(NO BA'S OR MASTER'S NEEDED) PLEASE!!!!! Some experience a plus or we will train.
Busy Little Fingers EEC, is growing and currently looking for an Infant Room/Preschool teacher , LONG TERM. "A minimum of 12 units" in EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION including Infant Studies or "6 units" completed and enrolled in another 6 units is preferred. We are looking for a WARM, ENERGETIC AND LOVING educator that is a team player, takes initiative and enjoys working with young children, FBI-DOJ fingerprint clearance, current Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, Health and Safety, patient and organized. We have a wonderful school and we are looking to add a dedicated teacher to our staff. All other information will be provided and discussed at interview flexibility is prefered.
WITH EXPERIENCE A+
**Please "ONLY" apply if you meet the requirements**
MUST E-mail your Resume
Attn: Ms. Lara and Ms. Sue
Phone: (818) 345-1737
Study Hut is a small, beachy tutoring center with an emphasis on mellow vibes and nerdy tutors (the best combination!). We have tutoring locations in El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Belmont Shore, and Newport Beach, and provide Subject Tutoring, as well as Study Skills and Test Preparation. Our staff range from as little as 10 hours per week to upwards of 35 hours per week, and we have some morning hours available for those looking to step into a bigger role within our small but growing company!
Experience is nice, but not necessary as we will train you on how to be a great tutor and how to work within our excellent management structure. We support all of our tutors with a team of managers and assistant managers that handle everything from scheduling, parent meetings, and feedback.
This is a payroll job, so you are paid from the time your first kid starts to the time your last kid leaves - even if kids don't show up or cancel ahead of time. It's our responsibility to make use of the availability you are affording us, so all we ask is you keep that availability consistent so we can load you with recurring students eager to work with you.
Come check us out - we are all young, cool, and local people hoping to make a positive impact on our community!
You can send us your contact info here as well as apply on our site!! (Copy and Paste the link below) http://studyhut.com/employment