SENIOR CORPORATE TAX SPECIALIST
San Francisco, CA
Are you looking to join a dynamic, friendly, fast-growing financial consultancy firm?
If you are hard-working, team-oriented and determined then this is the role for you!
Key Functions of the role:
· Provide financial cost optimization services to US companies who invest in Research & Development
· Work with clients to extend and expand their businesses in line with their business costs
· Help clients identify if their work technically qualifies as R&D in compliance with tax laws (R&D Experience NOT REQUIRED)
Our client is an innovative consultancy firm with a unique goal: to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. They represent a wide international market network around the world. Currently in the US, their specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits.
What you will do:
· Apply your understanding of the outlined requirements for R&D tax relief in respect to clients’ development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met
· Draft clear financial narratives and analysis documents to justify R&D activities carried out by clients to the US tax authorities
· Determine the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries and by interviewing key technical and financial leads
· Stay abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief and other innovation incentives
· Manage client’s R&D claims throughout the project, advising and liaising from both a tax and technical perspective to ensure deadlines and objectives are met
Desired experience and skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 4+ years of experience in tax and tax compliance with corporate entities.
· Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
· An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors and tax matters
· Outstanding numerical ability and a proven track record of working in tight deadlines
· Good working knowledge with Excel to manipulate large and complete datasets with VLookup, IF functions and pivot tables
· Experience dealing with tax authorities, either on general corporate tax aspects or on specific R&D related matters
What they have to offer:
· Competitive salary/compensation plan that rewards you on the basis of your performance, as well as the company’s overall achievements
· Real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Health and Wellness programs
· Travel Assistance
· Commuter Benefits
To apply, please send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you great at data entry? Have you worked with tax returns (K1's)? Well then Accounting Principals has a job for you! We are looking to fill a temporary Data Entry Tax Specialist position Downtown in Oakland, CA. This company is in the Real Estate industry and has a beautiful office space! This opportunity will last at least two week but may go three weeks and can pay up to $28 an hour!
If this position is something you or someone in your network may be interested in hearing more about please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com !