Instructs students between the ages of 6 months to adults to achieve their swim goals/ advance through various skill levels by adhering to our school's specialized teaching methods.
- Provide training direction, encouragement, and motivation to swimmers.
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Monitor swimming area and respond in the event of an emergency.
- Evaluate swimmers' skills and performance.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of swimmers.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to swimming.
- Communicate with participants and parents to provide information and answer questions.
- Keep and review records of swimmers' progress.
- * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- At least one year experience as a competitive swimmer and/or experience working with children
- Demonstrate proper swim form and technique
- Must be able to properly tread water for 1 minute
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be able to be in the water up to 7.5 hours
- Must pass background test
- Must be available one weekend day per week
- Must be comfortable in water between 77-90 degrees
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be willing to take and must pass CPR and First Aid course
- Must be willing to clean and disinflect pool area, toys, and equipment during down time
- Must be comfortable maintaining pool and play area, i.e. raking up leaves, cleaning up toys, and rare dog droppings (we have two dog mascots here)
- Must be comfortable around children in diapers
Super Fun Perks
- Unlimited use of soft foam surf boards
- Complimentary wet suit
- Fun and relaxed work environment
- Free use of sunscreen at work
- Flexible schedule
- Perfect for actor and artists
- Free CPR and First Aid Certification Course
- Free coffee and water in break room
- Free surf lesson
- Holiday parties
- Great team morale
- One to one coach swimmer ratio
- Monitoring pool and surrounding area
- Critical thinking
- Good Judgment and decision making
- Time management
- Communication with clients
- Positive Persuasion
LA Surf and Swim has been voted Los Angeles' #1 Learn-to-Swim Program and has been an integral part of the Southern California community for 15 years. The ideal candidate thrives in a diverse, kid-centric environment and is committed to health, fitness, and fun!