We are a large preschool with 5 separate classrooms; infants through Transitional Kindergarten. We have approximately 20 teachers on staff and are looking to hire two Subs-On-Site. Agreed upon hours are guaranteed even if no teachers are absent. When not substituting in the classroom, SOS works in the office to assist with simple administrative tasks (or has the option to take the time off). We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with changing diapers for infants and to playing with our preschoolers, though SOS is rarely lead teacher. This position would appeal to someone who likes to be on the floor with the kids and have less responsibility with running the classroom. Schedules: Monday through Friday 9:00-5:30 and Monday through Friday 7:30-4:00.
We are also looking for an afternoon preschool teacher that works with our older children. Schedule is Monday through Friday 1:30-5:30.
Requirements include 12 ECE/CHLD units.
Benefits include 80% health insurance, five paid days at Christmas, paid vacation time and free childcare (space permitting).
Wages increase with education and experience.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter telling us about what type of work you are looking for, and what experience you have working with young children. Resume also required.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys. The Archbishop Hanna Teacher is responsible for planning instruction and/or making adaptations to the general curriculum to enable students to benefit from their education. The teacher is expected to communicate with parents and cottage staff in regard to student accommodations and modifications and be must be able to report to and participate on multidisciplinary evaluation teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respect the Center’s faith, education and caring Catholic values.
· Will serve as part of the high school teaching staff
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with at risk-youth
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
· School day duty hours are between 8:00 – 3:30. Until 4:30 one day weekly
· B.A. or greater in content area. Experience preferred, but not required. Successful student teaching experience required. State teaching certificate, or ability to be certified by the start of the 2019-20 school year.
· Experience working with at risk-youth.
· Training or endorsements in Reading and Math highly desirable.
· Ability to work supportively with other staff to achieve common goals.
· Ability and knowledge to create and teach a sequential reading program.
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, community water safety and crisis intervention. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in related field or experience working with children, however others who are interested may apply. Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Building Blocks is small country preschool in the wonderful community of Penngrove.
Our teaching team has an average of 20+ years longevity. This is why we have a position open, as one of our teachers who has been with the school for 20 years is retiring.
Our program is looking for a strong team teacher to join our amazing group of preschool professionals!
This candidate needs to be a fun loving, qualified teacher who is flexible, and energetic to work in our Pre-K class.
In cooperation with our teaching team you will participate in our curriculum “Learning Without Tears”. This wonderful award winning curriculum acknowledges what all great educators know and research supports that learning needs to be joyful, child friendly, an active. The lesson plans builds on learning areas of:
language and literacy reading and writing numbers, math and or language science and social studies. We use this curriculum for children as it adapts to the changing needs as they grow developmentally through play, music activities and hands-on materials. Our activities are created so that children of different ability levels may participate successfully. We support our teachers Because children need teachers who model, sing and teach the skills and habits necessary for school.
This Position has opportunities to work with team teachers to lead small group projects, and to engage in creative activities, in a creative and organized classroom.
Our school is fortunate enough to have a 1/4 acre yard for our children to have a outdoor classroom for hands on learning in a natural play environment.
The onsite Director is also available throughout the day for support and guidance.
We are currently interviewing. This position is available now or in June, July or August. If you are interested and feel that you are a good fit please call or email a resume
Thank you for your interest.
Job Title: Direct Support Professional/Caregiver Requirements:
Pay starts at $16.00 / hour.
- 18 years or older and with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience.
- Hold a valid CA driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Must pass criminal background check (FBI and DOJ clearance, history of no misdemeanors or felonies).
- Pass employment physical and meet physical requirements of job, including a TB Test.
- Hold current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to acquire them.
- Knowledge of medication administration/MAR.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Love of people; focus on a person centered philosophy.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
-Sick, vacation and PTO benefits provided for ALL staff including part time employees. On Duty meals provided.
-Health, Vision, dental, Acupuncture, Chiro benefits available for full time staff working a minimum of 35 hours/week. -Most shifts are 1:30pm and later up till 10 or 11pm M-F. Sat-Sun 7am-10 or 11 pm.
Check out our website at www.calprogramsautistic.org or our Facebook page. C.P.A. is an equal opportunity employer. Job Types: Full-time