Position Summary: FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION; PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO OUR CAREERS PAGE AND I WILL PHONE YOU!!
Year Round! The Teacher is responsible for providing effective academic instruction to students requiring services outside of the public school environment at The Private School of Childhelp Village West. This position does not have direct reports.
* Carries out requirements for successful fulfillment of professional responsibilities, including: attending all staff meetings, participating in in-service training, and attending conferences.
* Participates in staff development and evaluation process.
* Knows and abides by Childhelp policies; has read the Policy Manual and Staff Handbook.
* Maintains pro-active, professional relationships with co-workers.
* Participates in meetings as requested, including IEP, ITP, ETP development and IEP meetings, placement meetings, team planning meetings, staffing, and Teacher’s meetings, sharing information and opinions.
* Provides direction and support for the classroom Instructional Aide.
* Participates in the writing of either an Education Treatment Plans (ETP) or Individual Education Plans (IEP) and facilitates the development and implementation of therapeutic teaching strategies that correspond with the Plan.
* Responsible for selecting materials appropriate to the needs of students with the assistance of the Principal, taking into account yearly budget and submitting requests on a Purchase Order.
* Writes weekly lesson plans and reviews them with the Principal or Assistant Principal. Maintain emergency lesson plan notebook or substitute folder with specific information on class groupings, content, schedule, rules, etc.
* Implements instruction according to IEP, ITP, ETP, and/or grade level curriculum.
* Manages classroom comprised of Special Education, Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe students, developing a classroom behavioral management program, as a supplement to the PDS, assuring system is positively orientated.
* Implements behavioral programs as necessitated. Follows/maintains a student management plan as approved by the multidisciplinary team.
* Appropriately reinforces students and assures consistency of classroom management.
* Responsible for writing monthly reports typed on an IBM-compatible computer that reflects a child’s performance within the classroom.
* Tracks student’s progress on report cards each quarter.
* Keeps attendance records and student grades for each subject area.
* Maintains inventory of classroom materials.
* Assign and grade nightly homework assignments following Village School protocol.
* Possess a clear Teaching Credential in Special Education from an accredited college or university * Possess a California unrestricted Driver’s License
* Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills to include communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully, and patiently to a diverse population
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor with the ability to build rapport and garner trust with others
* Proficient in the use of a PC; in a Windows environment; in the use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel Abilities
* Ability to pass fingerprint background screening through the Department of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index; and a pre-employment physical
* Ability to effectively engage with children from various backgrounds and circumstances
* Ability to provide consistency and behavioral limits through relationship-based interventions
* Ability to maintain professional behavior in high pressure situations
* Ability to understand and solve problems by applying intermediate analytical skills to include collecting all the relevant information and data needed to address the problem; organizing, classifying and synthesizing the data into fundamental issues; from the information, identifying the most probable causes of the problem; reducing the information down into manageable components; identifying the logical outcomes from the analyses of the data collected; and, identifying the options and solutions for addressing the problems analyzed
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is: