JOIN WISE SONS!
Founded in San Francisco's Mission District, Wise Sons pairs classic Jewish family recipes with the ingredients and culture that define California. With six Bay Area locations, a location in Tokyo, and a presence at multiple farmer's markets and grocery stores, we are a rapidly growing, nationally-recognized brand. And while we work hard to deliver on our core values - Quality, Cleanliness & Service - we always keep it fun!
IN A NUTSHELL:The GM is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day unit operations from service to financial and cost management to overall team leadership and management. The GM sets the tone for the FOH, interfacing with and ensuring the customers’ needs are met, and the BOH, verifying that food quality and safety is maintained.This is a full time salaried position, with great benefits. The ideal candidate has restaurant management experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, some culinary background, demonstrated leadership abilities, and technical skills. Spanish language skills are a plus. The RESPONSIBILITIES:
The QUALITIES and REQUIREMENTS to succeed:
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:Wise Sons was birthed in a(nother) land of milk and honey. The caliber, availability and diversity of California’s human potential and agricultural bounty are resources crucial to our success that deserves attention, respect and investment.
Jewish cuisine represents the culmination of one peoples’ journey across different countries, cultures and time periods. Wise Sons honors that tradition through a dedication to hiring a diverse workforce to help usher in the latest chapter of that story here in California.
Wise Sons is an equal opportunity employer. Our zero-tolerance policy means that no form of unlawful discriminatory or harassing conduct towards any employee, client, customer, or vendor in our workplace will be tolerated.
Serving a private membership in an upscale dining environment.
Understanding basic knowledge of wines, spirits, and beer.
Giving outstanding service in an upscale and relaxed atmosphere.
Positive drama-free attitude and a willingness to please members and guests.
Must be able to carry an Indiana Server Permit.
1 yr of serving experience prefered, but not required.
Must be available nights and weekends.
Benefits available for full-time positions.
We offer a flexible work schedule that won't ask you to compromise your personal life when needed.
Must like making money and meeting new people!
Very Busy, Established Restaurant looking for AM and PM Servers
Full or part time
Tuckers Ice Cream General Manager PositionJob Description-Tuckers is an independent home-made ice cream shop that is part of the fabric of Alameda, CA. The ideal candidate understands the importance of being part of this iconic brand, and has a passion for all things ice cream, especially our signature Super Creamed Ice Cream. The Tuckers GM is customer oriented and excited to go the extra mile to create smiles for our community and employees. The GM will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for the day to day operations of the store and ice cream production, including supervising, staffing, scheduling, training and catering.Requirements –5 + years experience in a fast-paced food service industry2+ years managerial experienceHospitality/Culinary degree or equivalentServSafe certifiedMust be available to work weekendsEssential Duties and Responsibilities-• Inspire our team to take care of each other and the customer by fostering a hospitality culture.
• Hire and manage the employee team, including performance evaluations and corrective actions as warranted.
• Maintain a culture of open communication and constant feedback.
• Create weekly schedules to staff the retail floor/production floor and catering events.
• Anticipate seasonal staffing needs, and plan accordingly.
• Track and order inventory as needed.
• Manage production schedules.
• Train employees on proper sanitation and food handling. Monitor sanitation and food handling through appropriate observation and checklists.
• Train employees on: o Customer service o Cash/payment handling o Order taking o Opening and closing duties o Ice cream store positions – cashier, scooper, dining room etc.• Responsible for cash management and accuracy – counting cash registers at opening and close and ensuring deposits are properly made.• Responsible for payroll management and input as directed.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960• Responsible for management of accounts payable approvals for payment.
• Create/follow operational procedures for cash handling, safety and security to ensure the safety of all employees.
• Verify and enter employee time sheets.
• Open and close store.
• Maintain a clean, welcoming and comfortable dining environment.
• Maintain food cost targets through proper portion control.
• Create an environment that promotes productivity and teamwork.
• Set the work experience tone by leading through example, being ready to jump in and perform any job.
• Have a ‘hands on’ attitude toward management.
• Ability to be interrupt driven while still maintaining a smooth shift and positive leadership.
• Use/create checklists and tools for consistent product and store operations management.
• Communicate clearly and often with employees and customers about what is working and what needs improvement.
• Conduct regular meetings with crew and ownership.
• Work with ownership to improve overall operations and assess marketing initiatives impact.• Perform other duties as required and directed. Note that this position may be changed or modified to meet business demands.Attributes-• Culturally in tune with the importance of managing this Iconic community brand.
• Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking.
• Excellent people skills – o Ability to work with employees in all aspects of the GM role, from mentor/peer to manager/owner. o High customer orientation. o Ability and motivation to lead others, from in front, and from behind. Sets the tone for constant improvement and learning.
• Communication skills – o Ability to have conversations (sometimes difficult ones) with staff as well as owners. o Ability to communicate situationally – being directive or coaching as warranted.• Flexible and curious – exhibits an always learning attitude.
• Ability to work and thrive in a sometimes pressure filled environment. Exhibits patience and organizational skill when stressed.
• Must be organized and have strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to think, communicate and act while ‘on their feet’.
• “Quarterback” skills – ability to manage the details, while being able to anticipate and plan for future requirements.
• Ability to manage multiple situations at the same time. Thinking and communicating in each clearly.
• Must have high stamina, resilience, outgoing personality and the ability to be engaged with customers, staff and operational management for a full non-stop fast paced shift.
• Systems Requirements: o Knowledgeable and comfortable with computers, software. o Fast learner with POS systems, scheduling and inventory software. o Able to track and order supplies, handle invoices and orders.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960o Understands and reinforces HR rules.
• Valid Drivers License and clean driving record.
• Reliable vehicle.• ADA Requirements:
Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds with some frequency, and 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
Ability to stand on their feet for long periods of time, daily.
Talking/Hearing – ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
Grasping, leaning, stretching, reaching, scooping, bending, leaning, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing stairs.
Ability to work in cold environments.
Ability to work around occasional wet, slippery floors and surfaces.
Ability to continuously work with other people.
Ability to climb and descend stairs, multiple times a day.
Repetitive use of hands and arms.
Visual acuity to recognize workplace safety and surroundings, as well as determine accuracy of work assigned. Tucker’s Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to place the best available person in every assignment, and our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other protected status.1349 Park St. Alameda California 94501 Tuckersicecream.com (510) 522-4960Job Type: Full-time Pay: $55,000.00 - $58,000.00 per yearCOVID-19 considerations:
All team members are screened for COVID-19 daily. Increased cleaning. Orders are to-go, customers order outside, they do not come in the store, and they must wear masks while ordering and picking up their ice cream at the designated front window areas.
Paulista is a Brazilian restaurant, cafe, and craft beer taproom on Park Blvd. in the Glenview District of Oakland. We are a gathering place for the local neighborhood and beyond where our customers are made to feel at home through a combination of great beer and wine, fantastic food, outstanding service, and an authentic sense of community.
Taproom bartenders, along with other employees, are expected to help create a highly enjoyable experience for our customers through authentically friendly, engaged, and responsive service.
As a taproom bartender, you will be expected to have strong knowledge of craft beer styles, flavor profiles, and breweries, particularly local breweries. You will be responsible for pouring beer from our 26 taps, as well as personifying the spirit of our restaurant and brand.
Preference is given to candidates with Certified Beer Server certificates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome all customers with authentic friendliness and enthusiasm.
- Provide stellar customer service to all guests, and helping them have the best experience possible.
- Be highly attentive to all customer requests and concerns.
- Maintain highest level of customer service and professionalism with guests, management, and co-workers.
- Effectively communicate the current beer and wine menu to customers.
- Take drink orders at the bar and deliver drinks to customers
- Bus tables and bar as needed.
- Clean tables as needed.
- Operate Square POS system.
- Apply all guidelines for responsible alcohol service.
- Pour beer and bottled wine according to proper technique.
- Change kegs.
- Clean beer lines.
- Follow checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Keep work area clean.
- Clean bar area if closing.
- Know how to use an espresso machine, or be willing to learn.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have as complete a knowledge as possible of the beer, wine, and food being served.
- Constantly work to increase knowledge, including attending trainings and meetings put on by management.
Effective Team Member Skills
- Be flexible with scheduling and assist as needed with ensuring all shifts are appropriately staffed.
- Prior work experience with bar/restaurant, brewery, winery, and/or service experience a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have basic math skills and the ability to handle money.
- Have or be able to obtain a food handler's card and training on alcohol service.
- Have working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry.
- Have strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Be aware of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Be able to help lift kegs and other heavy objects
- Be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Be able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
- Be able to appropriately represent Paulista at all times while working in a fast paced, stressful environment
Looking for an AM Bartender shifts are 10:45-4:00 & 9:45-4:00 Restaurant
& BQT Facility Very established Great Clientele.
Also looking for AM & or PM Severs
Over 21 years of age
Experience in customer service
Strong interpersonal skills
Basic knowledge of craft beer
Open availability - specifically evenings and weekends
Ability to lift and move cases of 20-40lbs
Basset certification (will need to get if hired)
Cicerone Level 1 Certification
Beer serving/selling experience
Greet and offer assistance to customers as they enter
Communicate with customers in a helpful and friendly manner.
Continue to develop knowledge of craft beer and other store products
Pour beer properly and cleanly
Accurately describe draft and packaged beer
Responsibly sample products for educational reasons
Engage with customers, take orders, and serve snacks and drinks
Lift boxes, kegs, and other items
Help maintain a clean store
Comply with all food and beverage safety regulations
Check customer’s ID confirm they meet legal drinking/purchasing age
Ensure customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
Help keep shelves and displays stocked and well organized
New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day off. Plus shortened hours on other holidays!
Discounts on any off-premise, merch, or bottle purchases
Small family bistro looking for experienced and friendly servers/bartenders. 3-5 shifts per week. $16.01 per/hr + tips. Flexible with schedule, need to have at least 3-4 years bartending experience.
Serious applicants only please
Would appreciate it if you're vaccinated but not required. Everyone's safety is our first priority.
We’re looking for super-organized, operationally-minded team leaders who have a passion for guest service and take pride in building and motivating our shop teams.
714 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, Ca 94611
Compensation: Salary + tips
Employment type: full-time
Barbarossa Lounge is currently seeking highly qualified Bar Manager and Mixologist. We are looking for motivated individual with strong work ethic, mixology background, talented and who is impeccably responsible to join our team.
Barbarossa Lounge is a craft cocktail-driven bar lounge in the North Beach area, breathing new life into a historic location. We are open 6 days a week and serving the neighborhood as one of the popular bars in FiDi.
If you are interested, please email us with the following:
Thanks again for your time and your interest in joining our team!
Mexican restaurant need personal for the front of the house. Apply at 9707 N Milwaukee Ave
The Periodic Table is a taproom and sake bar concept in Public Market Emeryville. We focus on California craft beer and Japanese drinks, including sake, whisky, and shochu. Located next to sister restaurant, Shiba Ramen, The Periodic Table serves high quality drinks with Shiba Ramen food menu. We have immediate openings for bartenders. The ideal candidate is passionate about good drinks, and enthusiastic to learn about sake and help educate our customers. The Periodic Table's mission is to curate an amazing drink menu, while demystifying and rendering accessible all manner of Japanese drinks. If you think you'd be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you.
The Periodic Table concept combines our passions for great drinking, Japanese culture, and architectural design, with our backgrounds as organic chemists and educators. We're excited about this concept, and are eager to bring aboard like-minded people to join our team.
Brooklyn West is an award-winning winery located in Jack London Square, Oakland.
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic, and energetic wine lovers to join our team.
...With grapes sourced from vineyards around Northern California and Amador, the winery has a deft touch with reds. It produces polished, well-balanced Tempranillos and Barberas. Its Zinfandels are jammy and big, yet elegant..." - Wine Enthusiast Magazine, August 2019
-- Be at least 21 years of age
-- Ideally possess some experience in restaurant, wine, hospitality, or service industries - but not required
-- Share our passion for wine and winemaking
-- Willing to work weekends with a flexible schedule-- Able to lift and move 40+ pounds
Hourly Rate - DOE
Job Type: Part-time
Redfield Cider Bar & Bottle Shop is located in the Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland, run by wife and husband team Olivia and Mike. We are a welcoming and educational bar and bottle shop focused on selling excellent, complex ciders, natural wine and beer to drink at our bar or to take home. We also as offering a small, simple food menu. Our operations have adjusted because of COVID-19 and we are dedicated to maintaining a safe working environment for our employees.
We’re looking for a person that is passionate about niche beverages and giving incredible customer service. The Bartender will be responsible for checking out customers, fulfilling drink orders, plating simple food offerings, and maintaining a clean, organized bar while serving customers in a professional and positive manner. The ideal candidate is familiar with serving cider, beer and wine but is also interested in learning more about these fermented products. Our success is dependent on having a strong and passionate team and we are searching for Bartenders who have excellent service skills, express an interest in expanding their beverage knowledge, and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and dynamic environment.
Compensation will be $15/hour plus tips. Health insurance may be available.
Redfield values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
DescriptionA Sommelier is a wine expert that creates wine lists that pair with food menus. Sommeliers create and update wine lists, make recommendations on food and wine pairings, and advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes.RequirementsCertification as a Sommelier or a Degree in Hospitality is beneficial.Previous experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward, or in a Hospitality role.Extensive knowledge on wines and regions of the different types.Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.An understanding of the wine making process.Available to work long hours, weekends, and travel.ResponsibilitiesCreating and updating wine lists with the Chefs and Manager.Making recommendations on food and wine pairings.Ensuring that the wine cellar is fully stocked.Informing guests on the variety of wines available.Training waitstaff on available wines.Negotiating prices with vendors.Organizing wine tasting events.Complying with health and safety regulations.
Chef and Restaurateur Michael Schwartz announces his first waterfront restaurant, Amara at Paraiso, the James Beard Award-winner's love letter to Miami. The bayside enclave will be fully open to the public and has inspired Chef and his team to cultivate a menu influenced by the bold flavors of Latin America, coastal ingredients, and the diversity that underpins Miami's cultural identity.
Highlighting the open kitchen's wood grill and Josper charcoal grill oven, Schwartz is building a vibrant menu around bold, clean-eating food, and cooking techniques centered around the flame. Dishes emphasize balance of acid and contrasts in temperatures and textures. Ingredients are showcased as they are meant to be enjoyed, enhanced by fragrant herbs, bright sauces, chilies and spices. Freshly-grilled, sprouted flatbreads and hand-formed savory pastries will meet sizzling, smoky platters of specialty cuts of meats and fresh, local seafood at the table. Cocktails crafted with the tropics in mind will spill good spirits out to the bay, mingling with sea grape trees and palms dotting the shore.
Flanked by Paraiso Park, Amara at Paraiso resides just two blocks east of Biscayne Boulevard off 31st Street, offering the public unimpeded access to its entrance with street and valet parking. The 4,500 square foot, indoor-outdoor space designed by Meyer Davis Studio celebrates the natural beauty of its surroundings incorporating the tropical, waterfront environment as an design element. The restaurant includes main dining room and bar seating for 150, with floor to ceiling windows offering dramatic Biscayne Bay views, as well as deck seating for 70 on the water. The approach is warm and inviting, drawing the outside in with white washed paneling, natural woods, and graphic concrete tiles. Detailing is open, honest and relaxed with exposed trusses, and an open double-height steel stair.
General Description of Work
With delegated authority, reporting to the General Manager, Beverage Manager, and Restaurant Managers, the Sommelier is responsible for...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Manages, directs and organizes beverage operations to maintain high standards of quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
AVERAGE PERCENT OF TIME
35% Maximizes restaurant profitability; implements effective controls of beverage, and labor costs and monitors the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensures par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product]. Evaluates cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develops and implements cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
15% Utilizes computers to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and draft correspondence. Inputs and retrieves data and changes computer procedures and programs the system accordingly.
20% Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure beverage service standards are met. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments for consistency.
20% Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant; recommends and implements new or operational policies and procedures when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
5% Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations; responsible for ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
5% Participates in the development, implementation and marketing of new and creative menus to attract a pre-determined customer market; promotes the cross-selling of other hotel outlets and the company.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
WSET Certified Level 2 or CMS Certified Sommelier Advanced
High School graduate or equivalent required. Four year college degree preferred.
At least five years experience in related field preferred. Hotel restaurant management experience preferred. Experience with restaurant wine and cost control.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
MAITRE D’& SOMMELIER
Reports to Vice President Food & Beverage/Executive Chef
Key Goals & Objectives
· To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner
· Communicate with supervisors/leadership team to maintain consistent practices and secure policy and procedure
· Communicate GCM goals to team effectively and motivate others
· Collaborate with the GCM marketing team to grow customer base and increase traffic through promotions within and outside of GCM
· Respond appropriately to ideas, concerns, complaints, and comments from management and staff
· Model proper attendance, punctuality, customer service and overall attitude
· Ensure GCM function space is maintained at all times, including all public area, breakout rooms, entrances, and FOH/BOH
· Create bespoke memories with each client engagement to promote GCM and to protect the reputation and integrity of the property, management and/or ownership
· Act as liaison between hotel and meeting planner to ensure a successful event. This includes obtaining rooming lists, establishing billing, overseeing group room blocks, welcoming VIP's, handling on site event logistics, coordinating outside vendors, and enforcing the contract
· Discuss sales contract details with the catering sales manager and the executive chef
· Plan the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event
· Work and coordinate set ups for a la carte, restaurants, banquet events and any event inside the property, e.g. pool, tents, etc.
· Determine the number of table waiters and servers required
· Supervise and assist with the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations
· Consult with the executive chef regarding the timing of meal courses to be served
· Oversee the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables
· Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required
· Prepare work schedules and complete documentation in a timely manner
Requirements and Experiences
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent in time management and organizational skills
· Take accountability for yourself and others
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt quickly to strategic change on the spot
· Results-driven, business-minded
· Ability to influence and build trust with new/existing employees
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Ability to solve problems creatively and implement standards of operations (SOPs)
· Self-motivator with a team player spirit
· Ability to make sound judgements and exercise confidentiality with necessary
· Polished and professional presence
To assist in ensuring that all Wine areas are managed as successful profit centers, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent LPM Standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. To attend meetings / training sessions as required by the management team
The State of Florida requires all employees who handle food and liquor to have a Food Handler and Responsible Vendor Certificate. Therefore, this certificate is a requirement for employment at LPM and any expense incurred to obtain the certificate or to renew it, is the responsibility of the employee. This certificate is necessary to work at any restaurant and is not for the exclusive use of LPM.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting up to 30 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work area.
3. Remain in stationary position for up to 4 hours throughout work shift.
4. Required to stand, stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, lift, reach with hands and arms; talk to hear and taste or smell.
5. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
6. Work near moving mechanical parts.
7. Outdoor weather conditions.
8. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
1. Ability to read, write and speak in English is needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before employees of the Company.
Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel is looking for an experienced Beverage Manager / Sommelier. This historic 148-room renovated Hotel with two restaurants, event venues, and a spectacular rooftop bar is scheduled to open Spring 2021 and will be the next exciting addition to the Proper Brand.
Reporting directly to Caldo Verde General Manager, the Beverage Manager / Sommelier will be responsible for all aspects of the property's beverage programs, including developing beverage lists, costing and pricing, training, non-alcoholic beverage programs, inventory, vendor relations, and all service and execution standards.
- Manage the development of the Hotel’s beverage program, including craft cocktail menu development, wine, and beer selections, and seasonal changes
- Conduct staff education and training across all the outlets of the hotel
- Seek new opportunities and strategies for the improvement of the Beverage operations
- Collaborate with the culinary team on wine pairing selections
- Responsible for the beverage financial performance including but not limited to: annual budgeting and operating plans, covers/revenue goals and achieving budgeted expense targets
- Maintain relations with vendors to ensure beverage program is set up for success
- Maintain quality and consistency of the guest experience
Minimum 3+ years in a similar multi-unit operation as a Beverage Manager overseeing an upscale bar program including craft cocktails, beer, and wine
Bachelor’s Degree required
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Envisioned and crafted by the founders, Gregory and Marine Galy through their travels, experiences and thirst for discovery and adventures, MILA's design has been brought to life by interior designer Olya Volkova. She combined traditional and noble materials such as reclaimed woods, unpolished floors, untainted stones, handmade linen and cotton fabrics together to create a serene yet luxury setting.
Located in the heart of South Beach, Miami, MILA is a restaurant, rooftop lounge and mixology bar aiming to transport diners on a culinary journey through the shores of the Mediterranean and Japan, while creating a visionary expression of flavorful MediterrAsian cuisine. The transporting venue brings elevated dining experience and pleasure together with a magical, glamourous, vibrant atmosphere.
MILA’s bar programs, curated by Jennifer Le Nechet and Mido Yahi, considered some of the world’s most renown mixologists, pays homage to the artisans, brewers, distillers and farmers across the globe.
MILA’s mixology philosophy evokes the past and re-imagines the classics with a modern twist, with the goal of achieving zero waste in the programs.
Sommeliers are primarily responsible for the seamless execution of providing guests a complete experience relating to wine, spirits, beers and non-alcoholic beverages offered by MILA. Guiding them through the ordering process, communicating all requests and orders to the Captains and servers, assisting the service team with service whenever necessary, announcing food and beverage at the table, clear and proficient guest interaction, preparation, presentation and maintenance of table side drink carts.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Complete understanding of the wines-by-the-glass program and pairings. Complete understanding of the cellar, proper wine service; decanting, appropriate use of glassware; complete understanding of all menus, menu structure, ingredients, origins, suppliers, seasonality, flavor and texture, allergy restrictions, preparation methods (and limitations), presentations styles. Complete understanding of the cocktail program of the Main Bar as well as L’Atelier by MILA bar program, have advanced knowledge of the spirits available, their pricing, history and flavor profile. Complete knowledge of the beer and N/A program. Maintain COGS and inventory levels within pre-assigned targets established by the executive team and financial management: understanding budgets, Profit & Loss statements, invoicing procedures. Provide ongoing training for existing staff members as well as new hires on the beverage program. Maintain knowledge on new products and techniques in the industry. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests however busy and whatever time of day. Attend employee meetings and communicate suggestions for improvement as needed. Handle, store and rotate all products properly. Understand and comply with Company Policies. Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Management team. Maintain positive co-worker and guest relations at all times. Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and company standards. Follow prep work as specified by the Manager or Supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Certified accreditation from a recognized organization (Court of Master Sommelier / WSET). A minimum of 2 years of experience in high volume, elevated dining restaurant. Must be detail oriented and possess effective communication and written skills. State complaint food handling certificate. Ability to multi-task. Must be a team player. Self-motivated and performance driven. Professional and courteous. Remain in stationary position for up to 8 hours throughout the work shift. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance. Effective communication, written and interpersonal skills. Time management skills. Compute basic arithmetic. Ability to comprehend and follow recipes. Maintain confidentiality of company information and recipe data
Make a meaningful impact as a Sommelier with Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta, located at The Redbury New York hotel in the growing neighborhood north of Madison Square Park, is a lively Italian restaurant from Chef John Poiarkoff. Inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie, local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. The wine list hangs its hat on Champagne and a deep focus on Italian wine, along with exciting beer and a lively cocktail menu. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
As a Sommelier at Marta, you are the tour guide for our guests’ Roman dining adventure in New York. We are looking for dedicated team members who are invested in welcoming our guests into an incredible and memorable experience. Servers must display excellent service and warm hospitality.
Marta is a fast-paced, exciting environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food, beverage, ingredients and dish preparations on our menu. Successful candidates require great communication skills and a pleasant friendly attitude toward their colleagues and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a sense of humor and a strong passion for hospitality.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
What You Bring to the Table
Trova Wine + Market is looking for friendly and approachable service industry professionals to provide wine & retail guest services within our new University Park location. Ideal candidates will have industry experience and acumen for impeccable guest service and have an affinity & passion for wine & fine foods.
Directly responsible for daily operations within a wine bar and retail environment, servicing guests with wine and food, both in-person and over the phone, and being an ambassador for our menu and experience.
This position will be servicing guests dining in-house, educating and assisting in wine selection, food pairings, and creating repeat business through high levels of friendly & approachable service and knowledge.
This position will report to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Trova’s hours of operation are Monday – Thursday 11am-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm. Some Sundays may be involved for pre-scheduled private events. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
2+ Years’ Experience in restaurants (fine dining experience/wine bar experience strongly recommended)
Base knowledge & experience in wine/beer service is a must (CMS Level I or WSET I or higher recommended)
Professional with strong communication skills & ability to provide impeccable guest service at all times
Detail-Oriented, and able to work well with, along with other staff members
Demonstrated time management skills & ability to work on your feet for an entire shift. You must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Familiarity with ubiquitous POS systems
Food Handler and TABC certified
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
Have you found your calling when talking about a great bottle of wine? Do you love taking someone on a journey to find their next favorite bottle or glass? Vinotopia is on the hunt for passionate and talented wine professionals to open a new brand concept in Legacy Food Hall in Plano, Texas. Vinotopia is a new brand of wine shop/wine bar that aims to reinvent the category by offering every wine in inventory by the glass. At Vinotopia guests can sip before cellaring.
As we begin to rebuild for reopening our dining room, we are growing our team and hiring for all positions, part-time and full-time.
We are a small, minority owned, woman led, Filipino American restaurant in south Seattle. Our work is built on the pillars of identity, culture, and empowerment. Everything we do must support these pillars to strengthen our community and push our food forward.
As we enter this next phase of our restaurant, we are evolving to create a more sustainable industry where we can all thrive and grow. We would like to invite you to join us on this new journey. Our small team is looking for creative and passionate individuals who are driven and have a deep love and obsession to push and uphold the craft that has been developed by our culture and history.
Again, we are hiring for all positions, if you are interesting in growing with us, please apply here: https://www.archipelagoseattle.com/careers
We offer health insurance (medical, dental, vision) for full-time employees, a HSA/401k to part-time/full-time employees, opportunities for hospitality education, and of course meals, snacks, and coffee
We are looking for guest-driven, hardworking and dedicated individuals to provide exceptional experiences for our guests. All our concepts are known for providing superior service, high-quality menus with the freshest ingredients, sophisticated, yet approachable wine lists, local & regional beers and a thoughtful spirits program. We have a strong training program to help you prepare for the position and be successful. We have a strong belief in promoting from within as many of our leaders started in various positions and advanced along the way. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and respectful with a positive attitude, sense of urgency, hospitality driven and team player mindset.
You should be self-directed and a pro-active trouble-shooter. Overall this position is focused on selling, educating & motivating.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
Lasco is family owned and operated, we believe our core values and adherence to them set us apart. Maintaining Trust is paramount for all levels in our company, along with being a Team Player- we refer to all our employees as members of the Lasco Family. We know that Always Improving is what makes us better in every aspect of hospitality and service to both our employees and guests and we look for individuals to be Problem Solvers in every way. If you feel you possess these same values, we would love to talk to you about joining our team at any level.
For more information on joining our team, please stop by or go online to www.lascoenterprises.com to complete an application and learn more.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V/A.
All applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.