Federation Brewing is hiring a part time beertender/bartender for our taproom near Jack London Square in Oakland. We are looking for a friendly, hard-working person, ideally with experience in the the beer industry and/or service industry generally.
We are committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive culture in and around our business.
McGrail Vineyards and Winery is a family owned Livermore Valley Winery that is looking for a passionate, hard working, detail oriented, flexible wine loving, customer service oriented person to join our tasting room team. We are looking for someone Thursday-Monday. This can be a part-time or full time position. This opportunity is great for someone that loves WINE and customers!
We are hard-working, family-oriented, food and wine loving, loyal, fun loving folks with stunning wines and great views. We're a get it done, team work, all hands on deck kinda place.
We are looking for dynamic and meticulous team members that are passionate about wine and fabulous customer service! You must LOVE wine and LOVE building relationships.
What you'll be doing once our tasting room is able to open back up:
-Greet guests, make them feel welcome
-Ensure staff and guests are safe during this pandemic
-Present history of winery and focus of our brands
-Tasting: pouring wines with conversation; educational and current winery direction
-Promote Winery Clubs and Winery events
-Assist with functions necessary for a successful shift -- opening and closing duties, restocking of wines, non-wine items, food items, sanitizing between each guest, cleaning and organization of kitchen area and tasting room(s), glassware cleaning, drying and restocking, assist with periodic duties check restrooms, merchandising areas, setting up tables and chairs inside and out, check garbage inside and outside of building
While the tasting room is closed, we are looking to train someone and have someone assist with curbside pick ups.
You're OUR person if:
- You LOVE hospitality and find it easy to connect with people and build relationships
- You love to learn, grow, and make things happen
- You're organized, yet can be flexible
- You're smart, but not snooty
- You can plan to the smallest detail, but don't get your feathers ruffled when the wind changes.
- You can work your way through computer programs and point of sales, you can work on an Ipad
- You're not afraid of research and love the process of innovation.
- You're a team player and enjoy paving the path with your colleagues.
- You're not easily offended and love to give your opinion
The usual stuff:
Wine knowledge preferred. Excellent customer service, people and communication skills. Basic math, writing skills, and computer skills a must. Must speak English fluently. Team Player. Over 21 years old.
-Requires the ability to stand, for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday.
-Must be able to lift 42 lbs. (case of wine)
The Part-Time Tasting Room Associate is responsible for hospitality and customer service for all tour and storefront operations. Performs and schedules standard tours as well as private and specialty tours and tastings. Provides support for distillery hosted and private events at the visitors’ center. The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for offering a premium, brand-centric experience for all visitors to the distillery. Supports merchandise sales, inventory and stock management.
Tour and Storefront Operations:
· Perform routine tours and selling merchandise.
· Educate visitors on the Hangar 1 Brand, production process and vodka tasting techniques
· Specialty and VIP tours for valued accounts, private groups and special guests
· Daily store sales and tour number reporting.
· Support the execution of private events in the distillery event space
· Support the execution of off-site events as needed
· Assist with distillation and distillery maintenance as needed
· Assist with bottling and blending
· Support production staff and activities
· Proven success with prior experience in Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, Sales, or a related discipline preferred.
· BA Degree in related field preferred
· Experience with POS inventory tracking systems
· Experience in retail, inventory management or e-commerce
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Microsoft Office expertise
· Must be able to work flexible hours, most working hours occur evenings, weekends, and holidays
Position: Steakhouse Manager/Sommelier
Department: Food and Beverage (F&B)
Job Summary: Ensures a high quality food and wine experience along with exceptional guest service by successfully managing the restaurant activities, functions, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities (specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
28. Maximizes cost effectiveness within the venue by ensuring compliance with established budget, labor, and revenue benchmarks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Five (5) years food and beverage management experience in a fine dining venue at the management level, including two years supervisory experience.
2. Three (3) years experience with point-of-sale systems.
3. Three (3) years cash handling experience.
4. Two (2) years sommelier experience in a fine dining venue.