Visions In Education is looking for amazing teachers to join our team! We are looking for Math, Sciences, English and Social Studies single subject credentialed teachers.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS
Under general supervision of an assigned academy or other instructional administrator, provides instruction to students, works cooperatively with parents and their children to determine educational goals and objectives, creates individualized curriculum/learning plans; assists the parents and/or students so that the students can meet or exceed educational standards and reach their full potential; performs other duties as assigned.
Visions In Education is a K-12 home school and 9-12 independent study program in which parents have varying percentages of responsibility for the education of their children, dependent upon the academy to which their child is assigned, with the support of a credentialed teacher.
Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do all the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.
● Develops strategies to assess students progress toward mastery of state standards.
● Engages students in extended assessment strategies, both oral and written.
● Reviews all students work and evaluates students progress with suggested means for improvement in specific areas, especially the “testable content standard areas.”
● Develops Individual Learning Plans and procedures according to VIE guidelines to ensure student achievement.
● Assists parent educators and students with curriculum organization, planning, support and evaluation of student work.
● Creates long/short-range plans with parents/students for meeting content standards, including means of assessment.
● Uses materials, resources, technologies, and varied instructional strategies to make subject matter accessible to students.
● Documents and communicates student progress regularly with students and parents/guardians and requests timely interventions.
● Advises and offers guidance to both parents/guardians and students regarding academic issues.
● Utilizes state-mandated test results as tools to assess student growth.
● Works with families, students and community resources to maximize support for student achievement.
● Meets with students and parents/guardians on a scheduled basis, and additionally as needed to meet the needs of students and parents, for face-to-face visitations in the home or other pre-determined meeting location.
● Calls students and/or parents/guardians as needed and responds to their telephone calls and e-mails.
● Writes student progress reports.
● Supervises and completes state-mandated testing assignments.
● Facilitates ordering of student textbooks and educational materials.
● Monitors student check-in and check-out.
● Monitors student account expenditures.
● Works collaboratively with peers and other staff.
● Plans, coordinates and prioritizes work activities to meet established objectives and deadlines.
● Organize, conduct or participate in school promotional activities and/or events.
● Attends mandated staff meetings and staff development days.
● Maintains confidentiality.
● Performs other duties as assigned. 1
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
● Possession of a valid California teaching credential.
● CLAD certification.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of or ability to learn, interpret and apply Visions In Education’s objectives, policies, procedures, rules, regulations and operations.
● Knowledge of or ability to learn and use applicable sections of the California Education Code, Charter Law and other pertinent laws.
● Ability to maintain positive and professional interactions with students, parents, peers, other staff and the public, and to work in sometimes stressful situations.
● Skill and ability to work with flexibility, efficiency and diplomacy.
● Skill and ability to use self-restraint and professional judgment and develop strategies to deal with a variety of people under varying situations and conditions.
● Skill and ability to use written and oral communication requiring clarity and diplomacy in communication with a broad and diverse audience.
● Familiarity with numerous curriculum options and resources.
● Ability to act as liaison between the program and the family.
● Effective communication skills initiating individual and group discussions, listening, facilitating interaction with students and peers, and speaking in public.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective rapport and work relations with a wide variety of personalities contacted in the performance of required duties.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and be held accountable for results.
● Ability to maintain a professional attitude and a strong customer service focus at all times, with a strong desire to succeed and solve problems.
● Ability to work confidentially.
● Knowledge, skill and ability to use a wide variety of office equipment including, but not limited to: personal computers, associated software programs (including Windows, word-processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, presentation, database and web based applications including document sharing), e-mail, Internet, copiers, faxes and phones.
● Proficiency with online-instructional deliveries.
● Skill and ability to motivate students to achieve educational success.
● Knowledge and understanding of goal setting techniques including needs assessment and evaluation.
● Skill in assessing, summarizing, and documenting the monthly progress of each student.
● Ability to assess and summarize the progress of each student toward his/her goals and objectives on a regular basis.
● Willingness and ability to participate in design teams and focus groups to support the organizational needs of the school. OTHER
● Possession of a valid California driver’s license, availability of a vehicle and evidence of vehicle insurance.
● Willingness and ability to travel within the local area and surrounding counties to meet with students and/or parents/guardians/students in a variety of socioeconomic locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES
The physical requirements below are necessary to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable a person with a disability to perform these functions.
● Work environment requires frequent travel to various locations locally and in the surrounding counties to meet with students and/or parents. Requires willingness and ability to work in small work areas, varying temperatures and around noise and other people.
● Sufficient physical mobility to enter/exit a vehicle and drive to various locations locally and to surrounding counties. to move about in sometimes crowded spaces, move over uneven ground, move in/about students’ homes and other public places, and access various floors in buildings.
● Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, push/pull, lift, stand, and walk on an occasional basis to file, move equipment and/or supplies or take work from one location to another.
● Physical, mental and emotional stamina to work under sometimes-stressful conditions, with frequent distraction and interruptions and deal with angry/upset people in a calm and professional manner.
● Ability to sit for at least an hour of time to work with students and/or parents.
● Ability to transport books, instructional materials and a laptop computer from home to meetings and student homes/meeting places.
● Sufficient dexterity to operate computers, printers, telephones, cell phones, faxes, and copiers.
● Sufficient hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to use a wide variety of office and computer equipment, to keyboard and write, file, and maintain records and reports.
● Sufficient hearing to hear and understand students, parents, staff and the public, both in person and on the telephone.
● Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversational distance, on the telephone and in addressing groups.
● Sufficient vision to read fine print and figures; to grade and review paperwork; and complete required forms, reports and paperwork.
Req ID: 163322
Address: 3175 Avenue 17 Madera, CA, 93637
Please submit job description to recruiter, or attach below.
Job Function(s): Store Leadership
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
Company with over 40 branches located throughout the US, with a national and international customer base is looking for a recruiter for their Fresno location.
Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; managing relocations and intern program.
* Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
* Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
* Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
* Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
* Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
* Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; arranges travel, lodging, and meals; escorting applicant to interviews; arranging community tours.
* Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
* Manages new employee relocation by determining new employee requirements; negotiating with movers; arranging temporary housing; providing community introductions.
* Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
* Manages intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
* Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Phone Skills, Recruiting, Interviewing Skills, People Skills, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Results Driven, Professionalism, Organization, Project Management, Judgment
Job Description: The Electronics Technician is responsible for the design, assembly, installation, maintenance,troubleshooting and service/repair of electronic communications systems. (ie. Fire Alarm, Nurse Calland PA Systems) The Technician is responsible for meeting or exceeding install time and revenuegoals, maintaining customer relationships, expanding the company's current customer base and developing and maintaining professional install and customer service skills.
Job Duties: • Read and understand assigned project documentation and work orders; determine if additional information is required and follow up promptly as needed. • Coordinate assigned projects with customers and arrange for all necessary material delivery, tools and equipment. • Ensure customer sign off on completed projects. Ensure Operation and Maintenance manuals are available upon request. • Effectively operate the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Multimeter, and Impedance Meter. Accurately document test readings. • Provide effective product and system instruction and in-service training for co-workers, customers and end-users. • Promote new products and service contracts in keeping with customer’s needs. • Communicate any changes in project to Project Manager. • Provide weekly updates to Project Manager of current projects and time lines • Comply fully with CCE safety program. • Attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled meetings. • Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies associated with company offerings. • Other duties as required by company management.
Job Requirements: • Knowledge of installation procedures and processes. • Three years of experience in residential or commercial electronics or California Fire/Life Safety Certification. • Experience in security, structured wiring, telephone systems, audio & video, and control & automation. • Effective time management. • Excellent verbal communication skills. Strong customer service focus. • Able to work in a team environment. • High School diploma or equivalent. • Valid California Driver License.
Physical Requirements: • Must be able to climb ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand or walk for extended periods. • Must be able to lift heavy and awkward loads. • Ability to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions. • Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Provides a high quality meal at all times to residents, guests, and staff. Participates in all aspects of food production. This position may be required to supervise other staff positions. The cook reports to the Director of Dining Services
Prepares all food in accordance with the daily menu planner, using Senior Lifestyle standardized recipes, in a timely manner.
Works the food line during mealtime.
Plates food in an attractive manner and ensures that all condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
Keeps work area and serving line equipment clean and adheres to sanitation cleaning schedules.
Ensures proper food temperature maintenance.
Keeps stock rooms, coolers & freezers clean and ensures that food supply stocks are rotated, all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, and co-workers.
Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
Performs other duties as assigned
A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Based upon experience
Cooking: 1 year
High school or equivalent
Required work authorization:
CRU is a family owned winery that sources fruit from some of the finest vineyards on the Central Coast of California.
With a focus on Burgundian and Rhone varietals such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay & Syrah - which are best suited to this region - we craft wines for quality everyday drinking.
CRU Winery is searching for a dynamic individual who wants to lead the charge at our Central Valley winery on a Full-Time basis. This position offers multiple opportunities to grow our Wine Club business while nurturing our relationships with our Member base.
Under the direction of the VP Retail and Digital Sales the CRU Wine Club Manager is responsible for the day to day management and execution of the Wine Club operations and fulfillment, including strategizing for increasing Wine Club membership and Wine Club sales. This role oversees membership databases for data and membership integrity and takes the lead on all club-related customer service responsibilities. The CRU Wine Club Manager proactively maintains club metrics and reports and assists in club shipment forecasting and planning. They will offer concierge level of customer service and support to Wine Club members at all points of contact. They will interact with guest at Wine Club events, tastings, and on the Tasting Room floor.
Achieves monthly Wine Club sales and membership goals.
Assists with development and implementation of programs to grow Wine Club member count and slow attrition rate.
Train and Incentivize Wine Sales staff to increase WC memberships
Lead guests through wine tasting flights – educating them about the winery story, wines, and brand.
Maintains Wine Club mailing/email database, including application data entry.
Oversee all wine club shipments from order to fulfillment
Responsible for membership data entry and database accuracy
Collaborate with various departments to identify, schedule and produce wines for future WC shipments.
Liaison between various departments to ensure club wines & kits are properly set up and available for club batches and shipments
Sets up and batches clubs and auto allocations
Ensures wine SKU's are set up at, and available at, fulfillment locations prior to club batch Coordinates wine inventory for club and auto allocation programs
Verifies shipping compliance regulations are followed on all club shipments and reorders
Supports development of annual and forecasted club shipment projections
Maintains returned wine program
Maintains will call program
Executes new member onboarding initiatives
Assists with planning and execution of hospitality events geared at Wine Club members.
Answers phone and email questions regarding Wine Club questions and wine inquiries. Responds promptly to all telephone, fax, and email inquiries, requests and complaints from Wine Club members.
Effectively sells wine and Wine Club memberships at consumer events and the tasting room.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
Demonstrated sales ability.
Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience
Skills using Wine Direct software preferred.
Ability to work and manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
Ability to work weekends and evenings (on occasion).
Ability to stand for 8 hours and lift and move 50 pounds repetitively.
We are seeking a sales leader to join our team! You will be responsible for expanding the company's book of business by selling various types of insurance policies to new and existing clients.
Insurance sales manager for pre-qualified insurance leads. This is not the average cold call/network everyone you know insurance position. We are providing a service to people who have specifically requested that we contact them to have a sales consultation.
Ideally, you would be in the San Joaquin or surrounding area 4 days/ week and attend various conference calls and other virtual training events throughout the week. Previous insurance industry success can be considered a plus, but absolutely not mandatory. A sense of drive and purpose is mandatory. The job will involve full sales training and support. When following the training that is available to you, and working within the system correctly, our current brokers in this position are averaging over $100,000 with top leaders making well over $200,000 in their first year. This is a great opportunity and we will look to fill this position quickly as we plan to develop a large and robust team in California with potential additional leadership opportunities nationally. This position is 100% commission and contracted.
Exciting opportunity in the school and sports picture industry. Are you energetic, outgoing, and demonstrate great work ethics? We will love to talk to you as soon as possible.
Requirements: 2+ experienced in photoshop, attention to detail, complete a background screening, type 35+ wpm accurately, input package orders, crop and size pictures, color manage for final prints, operate and service printing machine, be flexible with work schedule [weekends, nights, overtime} to meet the demands of customers, work quick and efficiently to assure products and services are delivered on time. In addition, assist other department as needed.
Qualified applicants must have the ability work part of a team, demonstrate strong and effective problem solving skills, be organized, and communicate well with the team leader. Minimum training provided.
This exciting position will start the week of July 1, 2019. So call act now!
Call (559) 276-1692 M-F 9-3 pm for more information.
Pay Range is $12 - $17 hour Will pay more depending on experience.
Production Worker Responsibilities:
Production Worker Qualifications:
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team! You will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success.
Responsabilidades del trabajador de producción:
Alimentar materias primas en maquinaria
Ensamblar mercancías en líneas de producción.
Monitorear el proceso de producción.
Realizar controles básicos de calidad y pruebas
Almacene bienes y materias primas adecuadamente en nuestro almacén
Utilice equipos de elevación y carretillas elevadoras para cumplir con los pedidos.
Empaque de mercancías para envío
Mantener equipos y áreas de trabajo.
Calificaciones del trabajador de producción:
Experiencia previa en un entorno de almacén de producción.
Capacidad para completar tareas repetitivas
Debe poder levantar, tirar, empujar, 50
Debe ser capaz de permanecer de pie durante largos períodos de tiempo.
Debe poder trabajar varía en turnos (¡disponibilidad ABIERTA- 60-70 semanas laborales!)
Debe poder trabajar en entornos de alta temperatura.
As a Staff
or Sr. Staff Attorney for The Hartford you will join a collaborative learning
environment where you will have direct contact with our Claims Professionals
all while working from home! If you join our team, you will find that we foster
personal growth and are all driven to provide excellent customer service to our
Claims Partners and insureds. We are dedicated to excellence as we offer an
Attorney School and act as a CLE provider throughout the year. If you have a
passion for the law, enjoy collaborating with peers, Claims Partners and
insureds, this Workers’ Compensation litigation Attorney position is for you!
Our in-house, remote work opportunity is well-suited for an experienced
Attorney who is dedicated to the practice of law and committed to excellent
The ideal candidate will travel to support the
Workers’ Compensation Boards in Fresno, California and on occasion Bakersfield,
CA. The Senior Attorney/Staff Attorney
will handle the following key responsibilities\:
complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive and develop
well-reasoned legal researchIndependently
create and present defense strategies on behalf of clientsPrepare
complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in
support of defense strategies with autonomyPartner
with our Claims Partners to achieve the best results for our Hartford
effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other
services to clients on legal and factual issuesCommunicate
with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel and co-counsel with
professional diplomacy and discretionFacilitate
prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned casesIndependently
prepare and present witnesses and evidence at trials,
judicial/administrative hearings, arbitrations and alternative dispute
draft, file and argue appellate briefs in reviewing courts on behalf of
in-house training to junior associates and/or claims partners. Participate
in claims file reviews. Attend
continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of
Note- This position may be filled as a Staff Attorney or a Senior
Staff Attorney commensurate with a candidate’s experience. Qualified Staff
Attorney candidates will possess the following requirements\:
Minimum of 3 years of legal practice experience
handling complex Workers’ Compensation casesJD
from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of
experience is preferredPositive
minded and collaborative team-player attitudeStrong
legal research and writing skillsSolid
MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)Lexis
Nexis experience is a plus!Self-directed
with excellent organizational and prioritization skillsStrong
computer skills and the ability to quickly leverage new software as
Qualified Senior Staff Attorney candidates will possess the following
Minimum of 7 years of legal practice experience
handling complex/life pension Workers’ Compensation casesJD
from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of
experience is preferredPositive
minded and collaborative team-player attitudeExcellent
legal research and writing skillsStrong
MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)Lexis Nexis experience is a plus!Self-directed
with excellent organizational and prioritization skillsStrong
computer skills and the ability to quickly leverage new software as
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is a remote work opportunity however, our selected
candidate will travel 2-3 days per week within the following geography\: Fresno,
CA and on occasion, Bakersfield, CA.Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions. For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer (recruiting coordinators\: see additional details below). To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http\://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
ADEX Travel Nursing has been employing and servicing nurse travelers, sending them to great destinations around the country. Our vast networking affords us exclusive relationships at top facilities offering you unique career opportunities. Call us for more positions, 866-341-2339!
- Hundreds of locations
- Day One Major Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Top Pay
- Custom pay package
- Fully furnished housing or housing stipend
- Weekly direct deposit and weekly pay
- $750 referral bonuses
A multi-specialty group located in California is seeking a family medicine physician to join their team. Your schedule can be Monday through Friday or be a 4-day workweek. The incoming physician will see 20 to 25 patients per day on average, however comfortable the physician feels while maintaining quality patient care. You will be supported by advanced practice providers and other physicians. Applicants are required to be board certified or board eligible in family medicine. A CA license will be required, and the CompHealth licensing team can assist you with the process.
This hospital-employed opportunity has a competitive compensation package with RVU and quality bonuses. You will be offered student loan repayment, malpractice coverage, medical benefits, vacation, CME time with a $2500 stipend, a sign-on bonus, life insurance, $10K for relocation reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement package.
You will enjoy living and working in this populous area of California. It is near the geographical center of California. It has all the amenities you could hope in a college-town and large metropolitan area.
We invite you to contact CompHealth and experience the reason we are consistently named "Best in Staffing" by our clients and providers. We’re experts at matching you with just-right internal medicine jobs or a family medicine jobs.
If you are interested, please contact Arthur Moran at 800-365-8900 or email your CV and references to CompHealth. Quick Facts: Outpatient family medicine 20 to 25 patients per day Monday-Friday, 4-day week, or part-time Must be BC or BE High earning potential with salary over $220K $10K for relocation reimbursement 403(b) retirement package Vacation plus CME time with $2500 stipend Benefits: Our services are free for you We help negotiate your salary and contract We coordinate interviews and help with licenses Specialized recruiters match your career preferences Experienced support teams take care of every detail
Speech Language Pathologist School
Location: Madera, CA
Job ID: 34628
Start Date: 2019-11-18
End Date: 2020-06-17
School Speech-Language Pathologist / Speech Therapist / SLP – Schools
Your New Adventure:
Are you a School Speech-Language Pathologist passionate about working with children and inspired by making a difference? Do you enjoy building therapy into play and working with a collaborative team of therapists, special educators as well as with family members? Then consider a career with Preferred Healthcare Staffing! Preferred Healthcare Staffing is one of the top-ranked staffing firms in the nation and a leading provider of children's therapy services. We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologists to join a dynamic team of professionals in a school district located in the beautiful Madera, CA area. The district is looking for a gifted Speech-Language Pathologists to join their dynamic team for the 2019-2020 school year, with the possibility of contract renewal the following year.
Being hired as a Preferred Healthcare Staffing Speech-Language Pathologist means you are best in class, enthusiastic and professional. Our Speech-Language Pathologist’s work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and young adults.
For more information about this position, call 800-787-6787 or apply online today!
• Current Active State SLP License
• Prefer Candidates with their ASHA CCC’s
• 1-year prior school experience is preferred but new graduates are encouraged to apply
• Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology
• Must be able to work with populations with autism as well as behavioral and cognitive impairments.
• Will assess and provide speech and language therapy for students
• Write IEPs
• Ability to supervise SLPAs
• Write and submit reports according to state standards
• Collaborate with school personnel, such as teachers and psychologists, to best meet the needs of all students
• Provide feedback and reinforcement for student
• Choose materials that are appropriate for the student
About Preferred: We believe that people are at the heart of what we do. When you are in a field that focuses on providing care to children, the quality and compassion of the people providing that care is of utmost importance. That's why we are proud to have a nationwide network of amazing school-based therapists providing the best care available. As our Preferred Family Circle grows, so does our satisfaction in knowing that we are making a difference in children’s lives across the nation.
What We Offer:
• Weekly Take Home up to $1,600-$1,800
• Signing Bonus Up to $3,000
• Equipment Reimbursement
• Paid Holidays
• School Breaks
• Weekly Pay by Direct Deposit
• Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Anthem Blue Cross)
• 401k with Match
• Housing, Meals/ Incidentals Allowance for Travelers
• Relocation Assistance
• License Reimbursement
• Professional Liability/ Malpractice coverage
• Competitive Pay Package
• Retirement Planning and Savings Options
• Continuing Education Reimbursement
• Supportive Recruiters and Back Office Team
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
As a Clinical Coordinator at DaVita you will have the opportunity to excel as the superior dialysis nurse, mentor and clinical expert you are-and have a dramatic impact on the lives of our patients and their families.
In this vital Registered Nursing role, you will coordinate ESRD patient care and services (trend lab values, track metrics on vital signs, weight, outcome management, etc.). You will ensure you and your clinical team are delivering the highest level of care to our patients by ensuring their safety, comfort, and well-being.
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes in a chronic hemodialysis setting.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
Team - Your clinical team supports one another and creates a fun work environment, and you are there to lead the way.
Clinical Leader- DaVita is the top performer with more 4 and 5 STAR dialysis centers according to CMS. A Qualified Clinical Coordinator (RN) shining star should bring:
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
• Current CPR certification required
• At least 18 months of registered nursing experience
• At least 6 months of dialysis nursing experience required
• Dialysis Charge RN readiness approval by Clinical Nurse Manager or RN-licensed FA/GFA required
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
• Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Current CPR certification required
• Completed training approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
• Supervisory experience preferred; willingness, desire, and ability to supervise required
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
An exciting new opportunity has recently opened for a Supervisor of Pediatric Case Management at a well-recognized, not for profit acute care hospital in Central California. This hospital has numerous awards and certifications giving it a reputation as a leading pediatric healthcare facility.
The Supervisor of Pediatric Case Management will work long side of the Director and Manager of Case Management to continually improve existing programs and strategies that reduce patient length of stay, re-admission rates and utilization management. The Case Management Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day work load, helping to manage staff thought mentoring and coaching as well as patient care coordination.
The Supervisor of Pediatric Case Management will have a strong understanding of regulatory and compliance standards such as, CMS, Title 22 and The Joint Commissions. A strong understanding for LEAN principles and methodology will be beneficial for the Case Management Supervisor.
The hospital strives to have a family oriented feel not only for patients and their families but for its staff at all levels. This allows for the highest level of pediatric patient care and long-term career growth for nursing staff.
This amazing, vibrant community in sunny warm Central California has something for everyone. With unlimited outdoor activity options, it is an adventure seekers paradise. The area is within driving distance to the greater San Francisco Bay Area but offers much more affordable housing prices. Making this an ideal area for any healthcare professional to live and work.
Take advantage of this amazing career opportunity, as the Supervisor of Pediatric Case Management will be offered a highly competitive salary along with a full suite of benefits including paid time off.
Put your career in Motion as a Consumer Loan Sales Specialist At OneMain, Consumer Loan Sales Specialists empower customers â listening to their needs and providing access to friendly, fast and affordable financing for lifeâs expenses.Â Â Consumer Loan Sales Specialist will learn the lending and servicing business at OneMain allowing them to grow their career. When starting your career with OneMain, you have the potential to earn an annual salary plus incentives.Â You will also have access to robust training programs and opportunities to advance your career to leadership roles, such as Branch Manager and District Manager.Â Other benefits for team members include competitive pay, sales-drive incentive programs, medical, dental, 401(k), paid time-off, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement and more. IN THE ROLE Deliver results related to individual and branch sales goals as well as customer expectations Develop new relationships â and maintain existing relationships working with customers throughout the loan process and loan life cycle Present financial solutions, based on customer needs, that meet their goals Present customers with optional insurance products Educate customers on the terms and conditions of their loan to ensure a clear understanding Partner with local businesses to seek out and develop new customers Learn how to utilize credit underwriting techniques and sales tools Manage the life cycle of the loan, including collections activities, complying with all laws and regulations Requirements HS Diploma/GED Must be able to travel locally for business development purposes Preferred Requirements Sales or Customer Service experience Bilingual ( language requirement per need ) OneMain Financial is the countryâs largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work âa mission that hasnât changed for more than 100 years. Key Word Tags Sales, Retail, Loan Sales, Customer Service, Customer Care, Business Development, New Grad, Newly Graduated, Entry level, Financial Sales, Management Development, Management Trainee, Finance, Full-time, Career, Benefits, Customer experience, Financial Representative, Credit, Leadership, Manager Trainee
A fantastic healthcare organization in charming Central California is looking for a Hospital Clinical Documentation Improvement Manager to lead their coding and CDI team. The CDI Manager will report to the Director of HIM and CDI and will collaborate with the Manager Health Information Management.
The CDI Coding Manager will have strong healthcare CDI experience and will manage a team of approximately 20 FTE’s. The Hospital CDI Manager will be supported by CDI Specialists, Coders, HIM and Data Integrity Specialists, and Privacy Coordinators.
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Manager will love being a part of a top tier healthcare organization that continues to thrive, expand, and improve their top-quality services. This organization is consistently awarded for their excellence in patient care and their dedication to their employees and supporting a great work environment.
The Manager CDI Coding will coordinate and organize the quality of CDI for both inpatient and outpatient services, facilitate physician documentation, denials, and ICD-10 and PCT coding. The qualified Hospital Manager CDI Coding will have their CCS Certification and either the RHIA or RHIT certifications.
The Manager Clinical Documentation Improvement will love this community of Central California that offers great readily available outdoor activities at the numerous national parks and great community events and local farmers markets. This area also offers low cost of living, short commute times, great school districts, local shops and dining, and great access to fun weekend trips to the California Coast, San Francisco, and wine country.
The Hospital Coding CDI Manager will be offered a competitive salary, excellence benefits package, and possible relocation assistance to the area. Join an impressive healthcare organization today in Central California as their Hospital Clinical Documentation Improvement Coding Manager!
An award-winning inpatient, acute care facility is now hiring Acute Rehab Nurse Manager to join the team and lead the way as an expert clinician and resource.
This 350-bed acute care hospital delivers comprehensive specialty care to more than 1 million in the surrounding communities. The facility also is known for the latest research in evidence based practice with the latest technology in blood disorders and congenital heart disease. This nurse will continue to lead the way in magnet initiatives. This hospital is ranked among the best in US News and World Report and also receives the Beacon Awards.
The Acute Rehab Nurse Manager is a team leader overseeing 60 to 100 FTEs with charge nurses as direct reports. The Acute Rehab Nurse Manager oversees daily operations of the rehab inpatient unit, pediatric experience helpful.
Central California offers suburban living with great schools and a low cost of living and rural California countryside. Fresh California produce is available in every city and town in the area and wine county is a short drive away. The State Capital is a drivable distance also with many attractions and a diverse array of eateries and shopping. The warm and mild climate are ideal for outdoor activities.
This role offers the Acute Rehab Nurse Manager a competitive salary and high quality of life while contributing to the overall quality of care given in the hospital.
Job Description Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. As a lead teller at Wells Fargo, you will be a part of a branch team and will spend your time interacting with customers focused on providing exceptional customer service and building relationships. You will engage customers in conversations and share ways Wells Fargo can help, which may include introducing them to another branch team member or sharing digital options that may make banking easier for them. As a lead teller, you will support management in approving transactions, managing branch workflow, and developing the teller team. Your responsibilities include:• Engaging customers in conversations, listening to them, and proactively helping to meet their needs• Working as a part of a team to help customers succeed financially• Serving as a leader in risk by following policies and procedures• Accurately and efficiently processing and approving transactions• Helping to resolve customer concerns• Supporting teller team education and development Learn more about Who We Are. Copy and paste this video URL into a new browser tab to view: Required Qualifications 1+ year of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or helping with issue resolution1+ year of experience following policies and procedures1+ year of handling cash experience Desired Qualifications Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesiesAbility to influence, educate, and connect customers to technologyAbility to meet or exceed performance objectivesGood attention to detail and accuracy skillsExperience interacting positively with unsatisfied customersEffective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skillsAbility to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find informationCoaching, training, and motivating skillsAbility to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent lossRelevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reportingRelevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting Job Expectations Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled Street Address MN-Minneapolis: 4943 34th Ave S Minneapolis, MN Disclaimer All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. PandoLogic. Category: Finance, Keywords: Teller Supervisor