The Almaden Valley Athletic Club (AVAC) is seeking an experienced sales manager to use the AVAC sales system to grow and keep our net member count. The Director should be familiar with sales through referrals, customer service, and community/corporate outreach, AND excited about leading a small team to hit aggressive growth goals. S/he should be a self-starter, but able to take an immense amount of feedback and guidance and move FAST to implement strategy.
· Ability to work up to 40+ hours per week, Monday-Friday, with some flexibility, support around 12 on-site and off-site events per year which may be evenings and weekends, and manage a team of 2 which may require some evenings and weekends. · Prior knowledge, education, or experience in sales · CPR/AED Certification · Successful background check · Ability to produce 3 professional references · Ability to QUICKLY learn all of AVAC’s programs, services, and facilities
1. Apply online at www.avac.us/jobs
The Director will be paid at three levels: base salary, individual membership sales commission, and team performance bonuses. 1. Base salary of around $60,000 depending on experience 2. Individual membership sales of up to 20 per month, at a predicted average of $40/sale ($9600) 3. Bonus potential of around $12,000 paid in combination of quarterly (based on team performance) and annually (based on net member count)
- Athletic Club Membership with pools, sauna, steam, fitness, tennis and more
- Discounted Athletic Club Membership for your family (based on # of hours worked)
- Free Child Care
- Sick Pay
- Team Building, Professional Development, and Team Parties
- Medical/Dental Benefits covered at 65% of lowest available plan
- Simple IRA (Individual Retirement Account for 21 and over)
- Paid Time Off: 16 days per year starting/21 days after 2 years
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Director ….
- Lives, eats, breathes Team AVAC culture and the AVAC 5 every day.
- Is professional, organized, reliable, outgoing, energetic and self-motivated.
- Is a team player, but able to work with minimal supervision.
· Has excellent verbal and written communication skills. Is able to speak and write in English in a professional manner. Effectively influences, motivates, mediates, and informs using a variety of communication mediums.
- Has a proven record of high quality customer service.
- Is passionate about fitness, recreation, and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Has In-depth knowledge of AVAC programs, services, and the immense value that each brings to our members
- Is organized--can prioritize tasks and is able to streamline processes, manage projects, and organize collateral
- Is results oriented--driven to obtain increased traffic, communication, and community at AVAC. Ensures actions that result in meeting AVAC goals.
- Meets daily face-to-face with Membership Specialists (MS) to train, coach, direct, and support each of their sales performances.
- Plans and executes weekly group sales meetings to motivate, and inform the MS Staff of new promotions, procedures and tools.
- Represents the MSs in all Management meetings and Staff meetings and integrate the membership department with all other departments so that Team can sell club services/programs.
- Hire, train, direct and when necessary, terminate Membership Staff.
- Develops new business sources in the community by having a presence and a plan at targeted community functions. Furthermore, develops a consistent corporate contact plan for new and current accounts to continually grow the business through comprehensive monthly lead generation plans.
- Develops compensation, incentive systems and goal setting for the Membership Department.
- Develops annual Membership growth plan and track on a regular basis.
- Consistently develops new Membership products for the club to market profitably.
- Ensures that the MS staff has a strong presence throughout the club and engages with Members on a daily basis to manage Member results. Required RBBWA two times daily.
- Consistently meets/exceeds membership revenue, non-dues revenue and retention goals. If goals are not met for any three-consecutive month period, employment may be terminated.
- Keeps office supplies stocked appropriately so that all Membership Team can efficiently perform job expectations with minimal disruption.