Position: Facilities and Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Boccardo Reception Center
Salary Range: $25.00 to $27.00 per hr.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Manager: Facilities Director
Purchasing and Facilities Coordinator are primarily responsible for arranging for the purchase of materials, supplies and services on behalf of their employers. Before a purchase is made, the Purchasing Coordinator evaluates suppliers based on cost, selection, service, distribution capabilities, availability and then communicates the findings to the Facilities Director. As Facilities support, acts as the support between programs and departments for Facilities requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in purchase requisition and purchase order processes, keeping program and department managers informed on progress.
- Coordinate and prepare appropriate documentation for a Purchase Requisition and Orders
- Coordinate purchase activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to agency procurement and financial policies
- Purchase office supplies, equipment, furniture, shelter and food services items within the Purchasing system and guidelines
- Maintain integrity and tracking of all purchasing requisitions from approval through reconciliation with A/P. Use purchasing system to process parts ordering, maintenance, food and kitchen supplies and other materials needed to ensure program and department needs are met.
- Maintain documentation for receivables and ensure inventory process integrity
- Receive supplies and other materials to ensure order compliance
- Assist Facilities in processing work orders, contacting vendors/contractors for repair, service and maintenance
- Coordinates and track work orders for facility and fleet repairs via Work Order System
- Assist Food Services with GPO contracts and purchasing
- Assist in coordination and scheduling of maintenance activities supporting Shelter Managers
- Build relationships and effectively work cross-functionally with Kitchen and Food Services, Maintenance, Facilities and Fleet, Shelters and other programs and departments.
- 2+ years in facilities or purchasing experience
- Sensitivity to the needs of homeless individuals and the support programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Some experience in vendor and contractor meetings
- Ability to work with people of diverse social backgrounds
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrate initiative
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
HomeFirst serves more than 4,000 adults, Veterans, families, and youth each year at seven locations, including the Boccardo Reception Center, which is the county’s largest homeless services center. In more than 35 years of experience, we’ve learned that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We are relentlessly focused on eliminating barriers to housing and stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by law.