Retail Purchasing Manager
Identifies, selects and purchases stock that matches company requirements.
The Retail Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing quantities of goods and merchandise that are sold our retail stores. You will source new and review existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Sourcing and building relations with new suppliers
- Sourcing and selecting new products through catalogs and by attending national and international trade fairs and events
- Monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products
- Analyzing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern
- Recommending clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels
- Presenting new ranges to retail managers
- Assisting with merchandising in planning store layouts to promote key lines
- Working with leadership in order to present sales promotions.
Skills and qualities
- Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products
- An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products
- Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing and networking skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions
- Customer focus
- Team-working and leadership skills
- Numeracy and IT skills.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas - Mobilelink is a rapidly expanding telecommunications company, with a workforce of over 650 corporate employees, that currently operates wireless retail stores across the United States. Mobilelink is one of the largest partners to major US Wireless Carriers in the United States. We are a dynamic, equal-opportunity employer.