Procurement/Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for procurement of all food products and other goods and/or materials for the foodservice facility. Responsible for developing a positive working relationship with supplier(s) to ensure we are receiving to highest quality of product(s) at the best price point.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
At Alvarado Street Bakery we are a band of uncompromising Sprouters and Bakers out to make the best tasting bread that is actually good for you. We are not your typical bakery, we are a worker owned bakery. That means every person is important and we all share in the success together. If you want to be part of growing something special, then we are looking for you to join us.
We are currently hiring for our Administration team, namely our Purchasing Specialist.
We are looking for an individual who has strong organizational skills and is highly detail-oriented. They must be an effective negotiator. The best candidate will have excellent computer and communication skills and work well with others. It is a team of one, but integral in working with other administrative, manufacturing and logisitics team members. Food and/or Bakery experience is a Big plus.
Work hours are expected to average about 40-45 hours per week.
We offer a generous benefits package of comprehensive health insurance, 401k Plan with employer contributions and Membership within our Worker Cooperative (Shareholder and profit-sharing opportunities).
Starting pay will be in the range of $ 65,000 - $ 75,000 annually DOE.
Please reply to this ad with a resume of job history and cover letter.
Please refer to the attached job description below.
REPORTS TO: General Coordinator
POSITION PURPOSE: Oversees all purchasing and sourcing activities on behalf of the company.
Artistic Tile, known for design innovation and superior quality standards, has an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Specialist to join our corporate team in Secaucus, NJ.
Primary responsibility is to ensure timely, accurate and efficient placement, processing and receiving of purchase orders, quality control activities and assigned department duties.
This role has daily communication with assigned Domestic and International Vendors and internal teams regarding production and/or delivery issues. The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Attention to detail, tenacity, persistence, and ease in creating strong relationships is desired.
· Prepare purchase orders for approval; place and monitor purchase orders with vendor assignments or/as directed.
· Review assignment confirmations/invoices for accuracy in pricing and quantity, processing invoices through accounting department
· Obtain and communicate assigned supplier pricing profiles and changes to management
· Tender vendor releases.
· Enter and update ETA status of items ordered on MAS system; notifying customer service of changes.
· Coordinate truck shipments with supplier in preparation for logistics coordinator hand-off
· Verify and receipt inventory on shipment arrivals.
· Handle and resolve vendor discrepancies with rejected materials (DR’s)
· Provide back-up in the processing of special order quotations for material and air freight needs in the absence of the quote specialist.
· Maintain and execute assigned vendor back orders.
· Assist Purchasing Supervisor where needed/required.
· Responsible for the neat and orderly upkeep of workstations and import office areas
· Minimum AA/AS Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or related field.
· Minimum 1-3 years of domestic and international purchasing experience
· Building material and/or stone/ceramic tile experience highly desirable
· Must be document efficient and organized
· Intermediate proficiency in Windows-based applications; Strong Outlook experience needed
· Experience with custom and/or standard business management software packages, SAGE/MAS preferred.
· Clear and concise written and oral communication skills in English.
· Be able to lift and maneuver up to 25lbs of contained weight
Relocation not available for this position.