Title: AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP) Fellow
# of positions: 3 Locations: San Rafael, Sacramento or Muir Beach, CA
Term of service: February - August 2020
Anticipated Service Schedule: Each AmeriCorps VIP Fellow will serve a total of 900 hours over the term of service, averaging 36 hours per week, which may include some evening and weekend hours. Typically, Fellows serve Monday – Friday.
About AmeriCorps VIP: The AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP) strengthens nonprofits to increase impact through the power of volunteers. We are seeking three AmeriCorps Fellows (one per nonprofit) to serve at the International Rescue Committee (Sacramento), Slide Ranch (Muir Beach), or Community Action Marin (San Rafael).
Our AmeriCorps members are called VIP Fellows, and they are leaders who build sustainable volunteer programs at nonprofits. Nonprofits that have strong volunteer programs are able to serve more clients and tackle more of our communities’ challenges. VIP Fellows join a nonprofit team and help them build systems that recruit, train, support, manage, and measure the success of volunteers. Each VIP Fellow is placed at a participating nonprofit, and collaborates with that organization’s professional staff to build or strengthen volunteer management systems.
VIP Fellows are members of a statewide network of 120 Fellows, and are key contributors of a local cohort of Bay Area and Sacramento Fellows that meet regularly for collaboration and training. Over the course of the service term, VIP Fellows earn a Certificate in Volunteer Management, and become experienced in community outreach, volunteer management, nonprofit operations, partnership building, and professional communication.
The VIP Fellow team in the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento is managed by the Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL). Come join the team, and make an impact this year!
AmeriCorps VIP Fellow Duties:
• Develop, implement or strengthen a nonprofit organization’s volunteer program in collaboration with organizational leadership
• Identify and design impactful volunteer opportunities that meet the needs of the community’s children and families
• Recruit and train community members as volunteers
• Utilize the VIP Work Plan to build systems for tracking, training, managing, and evaluating volunteers
• Serve side-by-side with staff and volunteers to provide guidance, to better understand the clients’ needs, and to improve the volunteer experience
• Develop business partnerships that provide voluntary and limited financial support for the participating nonprofit
• Participate in professional development opportunities, including orientation, Volunteer Management Certificate program, regular meetings, National Day of Service projects with other VIP Fellows, a regional VIP Fellow retreat, and online training.
• Opportunity to make a real difference in a community
• Earn a Certificate in Volunteer Management
• AmeriCorps, HandsOn Network and CVNL trainings on the nonprofit sector, volunteer management, and cultural competency
• Living allowance of over $8000 paid throughout the term of service
• AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of service
• Healthcare • Student loan forbearance
• Passion for volunteerism • Strong communication skills • Leadership experience • Writing/editing skills • Teaching/tutoring skills • Some college required; college degree recommended
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply in one of the following ways:
• Email resume and cover letter to Elaine Tokolahi, Director of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Apply online via the My AmeriCorps website using this link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=68496
Business Title: Associate, Recruiting Technologies - Production Support
Requisition Number: 48465 - 8
Function: Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Recruiting Technologies to join our Human Resources organization.
Serve as tier-one production support of Experienced Hire Recruiting, Senior Talent Acquisition, and Campus Recruiting's use of Avature as the applicant tracking and candidate relations management systems
Process requests for administrative action and troubleshoot reported system issues, which regularly require deep system analysis and subject matter knowledge
Effectively handle high volumes of requests/tickets, properly prioritizing based upon need and criticality, and communicating well with clients from ticket origin through resolution
Identify opportunities and present to management ways to improve compliance and streamline processes based on production support activity
Promote data integrity and system and business process adherence
Contribute to training and educating users on proper system use, changes/enhancements, and newly released functionalities
Minimum of two years of experience working in production support of human resources, talent management, or talent acquisition systems
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience with Avature Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and/or Avature Candidate Relations Management (CRM) is preferred
Customer service support and/or client-facing experience is required
Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and attention-to-detail skills, along with the ability to take initiative
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and independently manage the day-to-day workload
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.