Restock Book Buyer for Books Inc. in Palo Alto
Books Inc is currently reviewing resumes for the position of full-time restock book buyer at our Palo Alto location. This job involves inventory management and customer service at a busy store and requires the ability to meet regular ordering deadlines and to balance multiple responsibilities.
Applicants should be detail-oriented and highly organized with good communication skills. Additional qualifications and skills include book knowledge, merchandising experience, ability to identify sales trends, and an interest in children’s books. Previous bookstore experience is preferred, but not essential.
Work schedule is determined and assigned according to the store needs and includes one weekend day a week.
Benefits include Medical/Dental Insurance, 401K, and employee discount.
Resumes: email: email@example.com. No phone calls
Who We Are Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. We’re sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from pet supplies, to fitness equipment. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals in a that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re reimagining, innovating and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century, come join us The Role This is a great opportunity for an organized and ambitious supply chain professional who’s eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. You’ll have opportunities to work cross-functionally, increase your scope of work, and shape your career. Other responsibilities include: Oversee end-to-end purchasing cycle (Orders, Payments, Shipments, Customs Clearance and in-bound deliveries) of products and services from suppliers in compliance with supply agreements terms, in close collaboration with Thrasio’s Finance and Brand Management teams Build effective communication channels and collaboration processes with the Inventory planning and management, brand management, marketing and finance teams to ensure uninterrupted availability of healthy inventory supply Manage all cross-border and global logistics activities in close coordination with suppliers, freight forwards, transportation carriers, and warehousing/third-party logistics service providers Manage product database (MOQs, Packaging info, weight, volume, price lists) Build and manage effective auditable documentation system Manage ERP (NetSuite), procure-to-pay and act as the department Super User, ensuring timely and reliable input data in the system Nurture and manage relationships with suppliers and service providers Develop and implement key SOPs within areas of responsibility Develop effective and reliable reporting dashboards and communicate these with leadership Identify and introduce best practices for procurement and global logistics management within the organization Manage, hire, and develop direct reports associated with procurement and global logistics duties YourMembership. Keywords: Logistics Manager, Location: Walpole, MA 02081
New home builder building luxury new homes has opportunity for Purchasing Manager to lead purchasing department and to provide a detail cost estimates and analysis of project costs and procurement of contracts for Division 1 thru 16. Manage multiply new homes at a time. Using excel, digitizer software, on screen take-offs, Planswift, Timberline estimating modules.
Additionally have strong Negotiating Skills, Interactions with Clients, Preparation of Changes Orders, upper level management experience with a Can-Do attitude, Strong work ethic, strong people skills.
New home building experience a must.
All of our work is negotiated and we have excellent growth opportunity if you're looking to take on responsibilities, advance your career, learn lots of new skills and systems and grow!
Here are Premier Rental Purchase we are seeking a motivated Account Manager to join our team! This is a GROWTH ROLE. We are here to grow your career and apply your skills! You will resolve customer questions and offer solutions to drive company revenue! In this role you will be responsible for proper and timely deliveries, relocation, service calls, and pick up of merchandise. Has thorough knowledge of rental agreements, merchandise and customer relations. Time Management and the ability to communicate are essential to success with Premier Rental Management!
The Essential Duties:
-Supervision of all requested pickups and collection calls on rent.
-Customer counseling services request given to him.
-Updating current customer information.
-Customer file maintenance, proper rental agreement.
-Assist in the maintenance of Premier Stores Standards of Operation.
-Make all deliveries, service calls, and relocation timely and in a professional manner.
-Safeguarding all monies collected.
-Proper care and movement of all merchandise in transport.Responsible for ensuring all customers assigned to average 6% Saturday close -and 18% open.
-Responsible for maintaining store 2% of volume maximum charge off.
-Supervises the maintenance of any company vehicles assigned.
-Reviews delivery spread sheet to be sure model and serial numbers match the item going out and the item on the Rental Agreement.
-Answers the phone by the second ring in a pleasant and professional manner.
-Picks up merchandise to be returned to store stock and relocates merchandise if the customer moves.
-Carefully check rental returns and promptly refurbish to “like new” condition.
-Follows the PREMIER to serve our customers in a friendly and professional manner.
Maintain proper contact records.
Consistently maintain daily credit, account extensions and adjustments.
Home visit of serous collections or past due accounts.
Responsible for cleanliness of back room and the assigned company vehicle.
Responsible for helping receive new merchandise.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Must complete the training program and have experience as a manager or similar Customer Service position requiring customer credit and collection.
A high degree of Detail and Coordination to your Accounts and Paperwork
Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
Ability to reason and make independent decisions.
Ability to manage confrontations with customers and associates.
· Manage six-person team of Purchase Order Processors.
· Coordinate with the IT department and with PO Processors, Category Managers, and Logistics Manager to ensure seamless operation of purchasing tools.
· Clean and maintain purchasing-specific data with scheduled refresh tasks on the Item Master File, Item Branch File, Vendor Master File, Vendor Branch File, and Item Vendor File.
· Run weekly close procedures to catch and correct faulty or incomplete data.
· Maintain and update all required vendor documentation in both Salesforce.com and internal corporate legal files.
· Quarterly and random internal audits of Marketable Item Attributes to ensure compliance.
· Quarterly and random audits of vendors for “Marketable Attribute” documentation, third-party verification.
· Monthly reporting to Management on overall daily average DSOH (Days Sales On Hand) against budget and goals by Category and by Warehouse.
· Measure and manage daily Cost of Stockouts; work with all members of the Purchasing department to make adjustments where required to keep Cost of Stockouts within acceptable parameters.
· Collaborate with Category Managers to amend individual goals as deemed necessary while maintaining achievement of overall department inventory level goals.
· Act as Purchasing Department liaison to the IT, Finance, and Legal departments.
· Provide backup vacation coverage for Category Managers and assist with workload of fellow team members when absent.
· Other projects or tasks assigned by Management as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
· Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
· Flexibility: ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally.
· Have a drive to advance within the organization.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
As the Purchasing Manager at Midlake Products, you will find that you interact with both the external and internal customers. You will oversee the daily activities that take place in purchasing, while maintaining an awareness of the sourcing needs of the company. Midlake Products believes in treating our employees, customers and suppliers with a sense of fairness and respect that is guided by a strong moral compass. While it’s important to fill the role requirements, the “fit” of the candidate with our company culture is paramount.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for Materials Management function including planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution of materials and products to meet Company objectives and customer requirements. Responsible for managing and overseeing the Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, and Shipping and Receiving Departments. Specific functions include, but not limited to:
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
The Corporate Purchase Manager is an important part of the management team. This member should maintain a positive and hands on attitude. He/ She Must be solutions driven and have an interactive leadership style. dnatas volume demands that every manager is very involved in day to day operations. Time management skills are a must to ensure successful management and follow through on all departmental responsibilities. All costs associated with the production of food must constantly be analyzed to ensure maximum productivity and profitability. Every member of the management team is responsible for maintaining the quality standards set by dnata Catering.
He or She will manager front line staff which includes interviewing, hiring, training, promoting, disciplining, and termination. It is the Corporate Purchasing Managers responsibility to coach our employees to develop their abilities by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager in our corporate headquarters in Mountain View. This role will manage purchasing activities to support multiple production sites globally. This position provides an exciting career opportunity to the creative and energetic person who enjoys a fast moving and ever changing environment.
The Purchasing Manager will manage our internal team, domestic and international vendors, customer (CM, PM and engineers), and freight forwarder. This position will manage purchasing for our facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Principle Responsibilities include:
Requirements and Qualifications
The Purchasing Manager will be the focal point of our purchasing efforts and provide training and coaching to others throughout the organization with the goal of reducing cost and enhancing revenues. This position will interface with and mentor the Business Unit, BU, Buyers who source, select suppliers, purchase of parts, raw materials and subcontracted services at the most cost-effective price, ensuring the meeting of quality standards and delivery requirements, purchase commodity products, chemicals and supplies. The Purchasing Manager will gain awareness in identification of each BU’s manufacturing needs, supplier selection, contract negotiation, and delivery arrangement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The ability to operate a motor vehicle, read blueprints, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. The job requirements may be both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions that are extreme at times.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Must be able to work under limited supervision and perform standard and advanced duties. Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills are required. Must be able to work successfully in a team environment; have a strong customer service focus; and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
Job Type: Full-time
DISH supports more than 150 DISH Network In-Home Services (IHS) offices that deliver DISH products and services to millions of customers across the country. The IHS organization encompasses thousands of talented, dynamic and driven employees who serve in roles including Technicians, Resource Planners, Analysts, Training and Quality Assurance Specialists and Management to deliver the industry's best products and services. DISH is changing the way people communicate and IHS is the face of that change to our customers!
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Region Manager oversees all administration, warehouse and installation activities of the assigned Territory; which includes several Operations Managers, multiple Field Operations Supervisors, the entire Warehouse function of several facilities, and hundreds of DISH Installation Technicians. This inspirational leader will ensure a high level of profitability, overall customer service/satisfaction, adequate staffing levels, training, internal and external business growth, and maximize asset utilization in order to achieve company goals. This position also plays a crucial role in further developing the company, every single day.
Other areas of focus include:
Successful Region Managers possesses the following:
At Dish Network, we are proud to offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a full benefits package and bonus opportunity.
General Manager/Vice President
Primarily responsible for overseeing the purchasing of materials required for production of electronic assemblies. Individual will establish new and alternative supply sources, and negotiate prices and delivery schedules. Individual will communicate with multiple internal departments to plan the purchase of materials and establish a schedule. Will be required to resolve delivery issues and inform all involved parties of pricing, product availability and delivery dates.
Vendor relations and problem resolution
• Must have previous purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
• Must be comfortable negotiating price and availability of materials with new or established suppliers
• Must be comfortable holding meetings with supplier representatives in-person, by phone, and email.
• Minimum of BS/BA degree with at least 1 year purchasing experience in manufacturing environment or 5 years of contract manufacturing sales/purchasing experience
• All processes involved in purchasing: sourcing, pricing, scheduling
• Acquire quotes for materials
• Manage supplier qualification
• Interact with suppliers and internal departments
• Focus on material cost reduction
• Oversee Purchasing team
• May train new and existing team on effective buyer techniques
D052 7/18/19 1
• Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement
• Provide timely feedback to Sales or Management team regarding
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills by phone, e-mail, in-person
• Working knowledge of electrical component types
• Ability to read technical prints and bill of materials
• Requires resolve to follow through until satisfactory resolution is made
• Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Basic Microsoft Office proficiency: Word and Excel
• Ability to gather and analyze information
• Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Commitment to company values
• Customer service experience
• Basic computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system • Regular attendance
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Customer service experience in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk, sit, use computer, use phone, and interact with vendors and employees. Sitting most shift with computer and phone use. May be needed to lift up to 10 pounds. May travel 3 – 4 times a year out of state with minimal in-state travelling.
• Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to office conversations and company radio. Open office floor plan. Minimal travel may be needed from time to time including but not limited to vendor on-sites, trade shows, or conventions. Open to travel 3 – 4 times a year out of state.
Standard shift from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Later or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Purchasing Manager – Residential Construction
Webuild (www.webuildstaffing.com ) is seeking a Purchasing Manager to oversee the development of a high end, residential homes throughout the San Francisco Bay Area (East and North Bay) marketplaces.
The ideal individual would have 8+ years of experience managing residential construction purchasing activities, with at least 5 years dedicated to materials management responsibilities for projects. Experienced with managing cost estimates, material selections, budgets, schedules, work proposals and contracts related to custom homes and/or production residential developments.
The Purchasing Manager would be assuming the organizations lead role as to directing activities for the development of preconstruction materials, costs estimates / work schedules and proposals related to the construction of luxury, single family, residential homes up to $6 Million in scope. Must have the skills and abilities to assess contractor capabilities, evaluate building products, material suppliers, review plans, perform takeoffs, value engineer, develop estimates, construction schedules and proposals on a regional basis, as well as, on a national basis as organizational expansion occurs. Candidates must have the knowledge base to understand the residential construction process and apply that knowledge to develop an efficient purchasing program.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration and/or related industry construction purchasing experience. Must have strong verbal and written communication abilities. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Project required.
This is an exceptional long-term, career-oriented employment opportunity within one of the fastest growing development firms in the marketplace.
Candidates that have previous production building and/or custom home building experience will be given priority consideration.
If work location is an issue, employer can offer relocation assistance and/or the abilities to telecommute.
For consideration please forward resume or contact directly:
Webuild Services LLC / Webuild Staffing
PO Box 189
Lincoln, Ca 95648
NOTE: Candidates that submit their resume via our website at www.webuildstaffing.com will received immediate consideration and interview scheduling.
Keywords: Purchasing, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Agent, Residential Construction, Development, Homebuilding, Construction, Project Management, General Contractor, Engineering, Project Manager, Single Famly Homes, Building, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Vacaville, Fairfield, Oakland, Walnut Creek, San Francisco, San Jose, Northern California, Sacramento, Toll Brothers, KB Homes, JMC Homes, Taylor Morrison, Production Builder, DR Horton.
Well established privately held Food Manufacturing Company is actively recruiting for a Purchasing Manager for our Fresno, California location. This position is a management position for its manufacturing facility.
We are purveyors of superior quality, fresh packed food products that seeks a Purchasing Manager of Raw Materials to join our team in Fresno, California. We are a well-established privately held food Manufacturing Company.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for sourcing and purchasing non-finished goods including: Raw Products, Ingredients, Packaging, Chemicals, and Consumables. The position will work closely with other departments including Quality Assurance, Production, Accounting, and Shipping & Warehousing to ensure inventories are minimized, plant needs are met on time and records are accurate. Provides leadership in establishing metrics, improving processes and providing hands on management to obtain and maintain operating excellence while maintaining a low cost commodity focused operating structure.
• Participates in purchasing planning and budget development as well as strategic purchasing practice for plant initiatives.
• Develops and implements sourcing strategies, negotiates contracts, and develops supply agreements for materials and services include that help ensure cost effectiveness and reliability
• Ensures compliance to all policies, including but not limited to Contractor Management, Contract Signing Authority, Business Conduct, etc.
• Researches the supplier market for proper source of materials/services to be ordered. Analyzes purchase requisitions for accuracy and proper pricing method.
• Oversee and support ERP and documentation systems as they relate to plant procurement.
• Support supplier selection, grading and verification activities via audits, research, references, and other methods as required.
• Lead efforts in standardization, consolidation and rationalization of purchased items.
• Provide periodic reports, analyses, and plans related to purchasing issues and metrics ranging from short-term to long-term consideration.
• Perform procurement duties in support of the business relevant to MRP, capital needs, and commodities as required.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement efforts within areas of responsibility.
• Maintain workable knowledge of plant processes, of industry technological developments and best practices; keeps abreast of new trends in purchasing techniques and continues to work with projects to achieve standardization and cost reduction.
• Establish, implement and support systems that create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
• Supervise staff, including hiring, training, performance management; oversee setting daily work schedules, and providing guidance. Includes staff and self-development, as well as coaching, counseling on performance feedback, up to initiating and addressing corrective action.
• Prepare and maintain department budgets and lead reviews of actual results for assigned areas.
• Ensure compliance and perform all duties in accordance with all safety, quality, environmental, and wage and hour rules and regulations.
• Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated working knowledge of procurement processes.
• Talent in negotiations and networking.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate employees toward a goal; ability to interact with Company representatives and vendors.
• Project management and problem solving skills.
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers; excellent math skills.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated budgeting and financial analysis skills.
• Results oriented.
• Understands the RFQ/RFP processes and able to turnaround a high volume of requests.
• Ability to operate a computer (PC, ERP and Microsoft Office tools); proficiency in Excel.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Broad knowledge of safety, quality, and environmental systems and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors’ degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education or job experience).
• 5+ years’ procurement experience preferably in a food manufacturing role.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Software Systems is required;
• 3+ years of experience in leading and managing 2 or more staff associates and cross-functional teams preferred.
• Experience with planning modules such as MRP, demand based planning, Lean manufacturing.
• Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
• Office environment within a manufacturing plant.
• Plant environment subject to temperature swings, climbing stairs, and movement throughout a plant setting.
• Some local travel may be required.
What are you looking for in a career? Do you want to make a lasting impact? Or would you like to advance as far as your hard work and ambitions will take you? Bartlett Tree Experts offers all of that - and more. As the oldest, largest, and premier scientific tree and shrub care company in the world, our people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. Join our family-owned company - and make our next success story your own.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
POSITION: Inventory Control and Purchasing Manager
We are looking for an Inventory Control and Purchasing Manager to
oversee inventory levels and purchase stock based on our requirements.
The goal is to have accurate, current, and adequate inventory levels to support
our sales team.
●Preparing and placing Purchase Orders to replenish merchandise as needed.
●Track shipments and address any delays.
●Coordinate regular inventory audits.
●Work with sales staff to forecast material requirements.
●Maintain computer database to reflect current inventory.
●Proven work experience as a Stock Controller / Purchasing Manager.
●Working knowledge of supply chain procedures.
●Active participation in inventory counts.
●Experience and proficiency in database management.
●Good organizational and communication abilities.
●Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
●Accounting background preferred.
An awesome opportunity is available for a Materials and Purchasing Manager to create systems and procedures to optimize our inventory and procurement processes. This is an opportunity for someone to apply their knowledge of World Class Supply Chain systems and make their mark in this growing manufacturing company.
This long-standing, stable company has invested in diversifying their product offering which has resulted in major growth and made it essential to develop and implement standard procedures.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, PTO, etc. is offered along with a true collaborative team-based environment where you can see the difference you make every day. This company has grown at a rapid pace but has kept its family-friendly culture with real work/life balance.
Develop and implement systems and procedures (SOPs) into Materials Flow from procurement of raw materials to OTD of product to customer
Lead, guide, and direct supply chain team including buyers, inventory clerks, and planners
Drive improvements and accountability such as ERP Utilization, tracking metrics, and documentation
Develop and execute short- and long-term inventory management plans
Ensure production schedule is met by have appropriate materials on hand
Improve inventory accuracy rates
Source suppliers and develop relationships with suppliers; develop RFQ, and negotiate long-term contracts
Find cost reductions in procurement and purchasing process; work with vendors to find creative cost reductions in their processes and/or transportation
Develop commodity management strategies
Materials / Purchasing / Supply Chain Management experience in Manufacturing
Experience working with ERP Systems
Experience procuring commodity based materials
CPIM or other APICS preferred; Strong understanding of Industry Standards for Supply Chain required
Purchasing Manager is need for a display and store fixture manufacturer. This is a full time position that requires a minimum of 4 plus years of experience. You will be placing orders for production supplies working with purchase orders, tracking progress of all shipments and addressing any problems. Knowledge of Net Suite would be a plus, good attention to detail, communication skills and organizational skills a must. The hours are 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. Excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the purchasing of all food products for meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) we provide daily to local schools and community based organizations. He or she will be responsible for all product ordering (e.g. broad-line distribution, direct orders, produce, and packaging) inventory, and spec compliance, specifically: planning, purchasing, placing PO’s, receiving product, inventory management, vendor relations, and reporting required for the role. This person will always be looking for new product and innovation that we can use in our menus
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
An established industrial integrator in one of the fastest growing industrial markets in the country is in need of a business minded, entrepreneurial Purchasing Manager. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment of a small business and enjoy accepting multiple tasks and assignments, this may be the position for you. You’ll be a part of our very talented team reporting to the Financial Manager.
The steady, rapid growth of the company has created the need to hire someone who can step in and immediately hit the ground running. The successful candidate will have a history of developing sourcing initiatives, develop relationships with wholesalers, maintain cost savings, negotiating skills and contract experience. The ideal candidate would have experience with purchasing, tracking and inventory control.
· Responds to industrial component requisitions from the project managers, placing orders with the vendors while verifying pricing & delivery
· Reports the delivery status of component purchases to the project team leaders
· Must be able to collaborate effectively with all the functional areas in the company
· Create, maintain and execute a successful plan for sourcing strategies
· Research and Develop the most cost-effective suppliers
· Negotiate with vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
· Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
· Examine and re-evaluate existing vendor relationships & contracts
· Control spending and build a long-term savings plan for procurement costs
· Complete monitoring of the production levels of new and existing shop supply inventory
· Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
· Two (2+ years) experience in purchasing industrial electrical components
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and a CRM system
· Well versed in understanding, negotiating and buying
· Experience with researching and developing sourcing techniques
· Experience with developing and maintaining cost savings and contracts
Preferred -- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Management field
Although a leader in the industry, we are small enough that you will be recognized for the contributions you make. We are proud of our exciting, stable and dynamic working environment.
The company is an equal employment opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. In addition to the competitive salary and incentives we provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of the company. We hire only the best and the brightest. If you consider yourself one of the best Purchasing Managers in the country, please forward resume to Human Resources.
Ready to work with Vancouver’s best-kept secret? Clients around the globe. Industry leaders in a booming market. Monthly BBQ lunches and beer Fridays to boot. To top it all off, great leadership with our CEO being a finalist for Ernst & Young’s 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year. Yes, it’s the perfect time to jump on this rocket-ship.
We are growing and are looking to add a Purchasing Manager to our Supply Chain Team. Joining our “we-first” bunch you’ll have the chance to grow together with our company in a very exciting industry. As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible to ensure purchasing activities for manufacturing run reliably and efficiently.
Eager to Know More? Check out keirton.com & twistertrimmer.com
At Keirton we build world-class innovative products. At the same time, we’re growing very fast and building a world-class team to take our company to the next level. We're working to build a company culture that is fun, supportive, and energetic, and that makes a positive impact on an ever-changing industry. We believe that anyone can make something good, but it takes a team of amazing people who share a passion for improvement, integrity, and innovation to make something great.
What We Value
Hit them with WOW: Excellence
Pursue a better way: Improvement
Achieve together: Teamwork
Never, ever, ever give up: Tenacity
Honour our word: Integrity
What You’ll Do
Who You Are And What You Need To Succeed
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for coordination and oversight of all material and supply purchasing within the Operations Department. The Purchasing Manager ensures items are efficiently purchased at the most competitive pricing possible and coordinates their timely delivery for use in the field.
Purchasing Manager - Baton Rouge, LA
H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
H&E Equipment Services has an opening for a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the development, leadership, and execution of purchasing strategies.
Generate and distribute accurate purchase orders and house budgets
Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
Monitor and forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
Assess opportunities for cost reduction, manage, and mitigate risks
Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing processes
Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Exercise discretion and judgment
Draft, review contracts, and modify terms and conditions; express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form
Maintain records of goods ordered and received
Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
Control purchasing department budgets
Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
Prepare bid awards requiring company approval
Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
5+ years experience in the procurement of materials/equipment/supplies and the development and review of contracts
BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
Proven working experience as purchasing manager
Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
Interest in market dynamics along with a keen business sense
Skilled at negotiation and networking
Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
Solid judgement and sound decision making skills
H&E Equipment Services was established in 1961. We are a leading supplier of equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving and material handling customers. In addition to specializing in rentals and sales, we offer extensive repair and maintenance programs with comprehensive parts inventories, mobile service, planned maintenance, fleet management, crane re-manufacturing and more!
As a leader in the heavy equipment industry, we know that our success is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our employees. Each employee at H&E is a contributing partner in our goal attainment and future growth, which is why we invest in our workforce and offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a friendly environment.
From our corporate office to our branches, we offer career opportunities for individuals that share our core values and work ethic while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity. Positions may be available in sales, rentals, parts, service, accounting, information systems, etc.
We provide training designed to give you the skills and tools you need to succeed.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability, cafeteria (Section 125) program, 401K matching plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and paid holidays.
If you are looking for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees, H&E Equipment Services is the place for you.
H&E Equipment Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H&E Equipment Services will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Retail Purchasing Manager
Identifies, selects and purchases stock that matches company requirements.
The Retail Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing quantities of goods and merchandise that are sold our retail stores. You will source new and review existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
Skills and qualities
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Pay Rate: $ to $35.00 max
Duration: 9 month contract
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Purchasing Manager for an opening in Grand Prairie, TX.
To provide effective support to the Company's key accounts and to continually strive to improve service excellence by pro-actively developing relationships and delivering a professional service.
" Identify the needs to purchase CFM56 material based on current inventory, market needs, market trends and CFMM contractual agreements
" Identify market sources that have CFM56 material available for sale
" Negotiate price and package deals with Supplier
" Review paperwork associated with the purchased products to ensure it meets CFMM standards
" Extend POs and track the timely receipt of the material
" Develop and manage a purchasing strategy with the various market sources
" Develop relationships and a pro-active approach with suppliers in order to capture the material needed by the company
" Work in coordination with the Repair and Program managers to issue recommendations for inventory management
" Provide support to the rest of the company in relation to the material procured to facilitate its receiving and sale
" Strong commercial/business background in sales or purchasing
" High level of personal integrity
" An excellent communicator
" Conscientious and Detailed Oriented
" Works effectively as 'part of the Company team', communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally.
" Has excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills
" Has a professional and flexible approach
" Advanced Excel/Access/PowerPoint level is a must.
" Commercial and business orientated with an emphasis in sales
" Customer service/support experience is greatly desired
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers/scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Expected travel: 10%
Accredited Bachelor Degree level or 5 years of experience in a relevant role.
M-F, 8am-5pm (can be adjusted to earlier-later to accommodate the person) Full-Time
Employment Solutions is currently in need of a Senior Buyer to work in the Opa-Locka area. Our client is a leader in the packaging industry and offers their products worldwide. The Senior Buyer will be responsible to manage the Purchasing Department, employees, and inventory levels.
Job Description: * MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE PURCHASING FOR RESALE *
Establish and enforce department SOP’s, guidelines. Procure packaging, safety, and janitorial materials for resale from vendors/suppliers. Completes complex contracts by negotiating with vendors to include: price, payment terms, rebates, shipments and quality assurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Purchasing of corrugated products, stretch film, tapes, kraft paper, strapping & corner boards and overseeing all non stock purchases.
• Audit PO confirmation and due dates to be current for all commodities at all times.
• Maximize Gross Profit for company and sales reps.
• Strong inventory management skills and level assessment on all commodities.
• Experience in Purchasing for Resale, preferably in the Packaging Industry and not manufacturing.
• Experience dealing directly with outside commissioned sales reps, who depend on time and price to be competitive and effect the sale
• Applicant MUST NOT have an existing non-compete agreement that conflicts with this position.
• Minimum of five years experience in purchasing & management
• Knowledge of the packaging industry preferred
• A strong negotiator with proven track record
• Ability to deal directly with a sales staff of 15+ outside sales reps
Our client is seeking a detailed-oriented Project Manager/Purchasing Agent. This role requires previous experience in purchasing and project management, within the Construction industry. We are looking for an ambitious individual, who can thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
● Maintain project timelines, from award stage to completion, with a keen focus on critical dates
● Collaborate and communicate with multiple departments, as well as clients and vendors, to ensure a successful project
● Execute purchase orders
● Coordinate and track all project submittals and approval: shop drawings, samples, product data, change requests, etc.
● Make sure all material for each project is received, accurate, and delivered on schedule
● Operating heavy machinery
● 1-3 years of experience
● Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
● Superb communication and follow up skills
● Ability to prioritize many simultaneous responsibilities in order to meet aggressive project deadlines
● Strong sense of urgency with a "can-do" attitude
● Self-motivated, disciplined, results-oriented
● Must have a driver’s license
About Ma Labs:
Founded in 1983 and headquartered in San Jose of California, MA LABS is a leading computer product distributor. The company's product line encompasses everything in the PC, including memory modules, CPUs, storage products, motherboards, multimedia, video graphic cards, communication products, notebooks, and Microsoft products.
We have been featured in Forbes 500 and numerous business journals.
For more information please visit our website at www.malabs.com
As we are setting our goals for the continuous growth of the company, we have needs for goal-orientated and highly motivated people to join our company for the success! We have the immediate openings for those who are willing to start from the sales field but have strong interests in the supply chain tracks. As part of the training program, you will start as an Account Manager for the initial six months to one year. The position is based at our Headquarter San Jose, California office.
As an Account Manager/ Purchasing Trainee you will be a total solution provider and be responsible for:
· New business prospecting and development; including develop new customers on domestic or international basis.
· Generating new customer and sales leads, setting-up accounts and controlling credit limits;
· Developing relationships and maintaining continuous contact with existing customers, getting existing customers’ feedbacks and assisting with resolution of customer issues or complains;
· Making the discretion judgment, suggesting and promoting products to customers, working with manufacturers and Product Mangers to promote PC components and systems, and to improve the market share and generate the large amount of the business, as well as participate in the trade shows for promoting new products;
· Quoting and negotiating price with customers, negotiate price through PM with manufacturers, and cooperate with purchasing and marketing departments to set up promotional programs or bundles sales programs to meet customer needs;
· Participating in inventory allocation for products, coordinating with customers on payment, delivery schedule, RMA and related issues by phone or emails etc;
· Attend company periodical sales training and special technical training to attain sound product knowledge, technical knowledge, and the deep understanding of the competitors; business operation to stay abreast of company products and system solutions as well as make the frequent independent judgment.
· Receiving company periodical sales training and special technical training to attain sound product knowledge, technical knowledge, and the deep understanding of the competitors; Getting ready to have the further development in the purchasing/supply chain tracks.
Successful Account Manager/ Purchasing Trainee are goal-oriented, highly motivated, analytical and effective communicators.
The ideal Account Manager/ Purchasing Trainee will also have:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to multi-task
· Great time management skills and attention to detail
· Goal orientated
· Quick learner and great working attitude
· Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills
· Require the deep knowledge of the competitors’ business operation and PC related knowledge or technical knowledge
· Be able to make the frequent independent judgment
· Bilingual is a big plus
· Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Company Observed Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave
Skills / Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Work Experience