Position: Director of Development & External Relations
Schedule: The Director of Development & External Relations should expect to work 40-hours per week in an office setting, or as many hours as required to complete the job. Work hours will primarily be during regular business hours, although flexibility is required for occasional evening and weekend hours.
Direct Reports: Four (4) direct reports.
Agency Overview: La Casa de las Madres (La Casa) is a California not-for-profit corporation established to provide services for battered women and their children. Founded in 1976, La Casa is San Francisco’s oldest domestic violence program, providing comprehensive supportive services through an Emergency Shelter, 2-24 hour hotlines, non-residential Community Programs, and Community Education and Outreach Programs serving women, teens and children survivors of domestic violence.
Our Mission: La Casa de las Madres’ mission is to respond to calls for help from domestic violence victims, of all ages, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We give survivors the tools to transform their lives. We seek to prevent future violence by educating the community and by redefining public perceptions about domestic violence.
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Development & External Communication is responsible for implementing a multi-level advancement plan and is responsible for diversifying La Casa de las Madres’ funding. This includes developing, managing and administering La Casa’s fund development and community relations plan, as well as managing and overseeing the provision of La Casa’s outreach and education programming, and volunteer management. As a member of La Casa’s senior management team, the Director of Development & External Relations will help strategize the organization’s overall vision, growth and operations.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful professional that is organized, highly motivated, and is committed to the mission, vision and values of La Casa de las Madres. They will be adept in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communication for fundraising, an engaging public speaker and an ability to convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly. Experience with grant-writing and individual donor development is highly desirable.
• Plan, implement and evaluate an annual Fund Development Plan in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board to meet the agency’s funding needs for financial sustainability and growth; prepare revenue analysis and projections with Finance department.
• Establish annual objectives and key results for La Casa’s development work; provide regular progress reports for Board and senior management.
• Develop strategic plans for existing and prospective major donors for cultivation and stewardship based on their philanthropic interests, past giving, capacity, and organizational allegiance.
• Lead a multi-level advancement plan that includes major donor, corporate and business, foundation, special event and direct mail efforts.
• Plan and implement events such as La Casa’s redHOT* party, workplace campaigns; as well as one-time events like golf tournaments, dine-out's, and third party events.
• Manage application and ongoing reporting processes for all privately-funded grants.
• Proactively identify opportunities to seek funding outside of philanthropic granting calendars; partner with senior management in identifying and pursuing new, innovative sources of revenue.
• Coordinate all cultivation and solicitation activities including direct mail, major donor campaign, corporate campaign, foundation and government grants, and special events.
• Ensure compliance with funder reporting and program requirements.
• Build and maintain effective working relationship with the Board of Directors and other volunteers.
• Manage information systems including a donor profile database and funder files.
• Manage Development Department; provide supervision and support to the Development Associate, Development Assistant and the Contracts and Data Manager.
Communications & Marketing
• Implement a community education and outreach plan that reaches diverse communities and priority populations with a three-pronged focus: 1) alerting community members to the services La Casa provides to individuals impacted by domestic violence, 2) redefining public perceptions about domestic violence and 3) teaching service providers and other community members how to identify aspects of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
• Oversee all communication, marketing and brand standards, message discipline and use of brand elements.
• Oversee agency’s media and public relations agenda and responses.
• Oversee the design, implementation and timely production of annual report, agency newsletters, brochures and other marketing campaigns and publications.
• Lead the development of content for educational programming regarding domestic violence for local agencies, businesses and schools.
• Develop and implement La Casa’s awareness and education campaigns in conjunction with the Education and Volunteer Manager.
• Manage Education and Volunteer department; provide supervision and support to the Education and Volunteer Manager.
• Support Education & Volunteer Manager in all aspects of volunteer management, including recruitment, screening, hiring and placement of agency volunteers, and provision of 40-hour training for new staff and volunteers.
• Build and maintain relationships with community organizations, funding sources, and other related agencies to further La Casa’s mission and increase agency visibility.
• Oversee timely collection of project related data in compliance with contract and grant reporting requirements.
• Lead and manage development and outreach team, including: take an active role in hiring, evaluation, supervisory, training and disciplinary matters.
• Cultivate and maintain external relationships with investors, funders and other community partners.
• Uphold and ensure compliance with personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensure implementation of daily operating procedures, safety protocols and administrative functions for program activities.
• Other programmatic and administrative duties, including collecting and maintaining documentation for funding, statistical, compliance and clerical support as needed;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years of executive/senior level experience as a Development Director, Communications Director, Marketing Director or similar.
• Experience in fundraising, leadership in cultivating individual and corporate donors, grant writing and management, direct mail, planned giving and special events.
• Proven track record in raising operating and capital funds.
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of La Casa de la Madres.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
• Exceptional influence skills and ability to use convincing arguments, creating a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
• Technical experience in managing fund development databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in managing the development and production of publications.
• Experience in supervision of diverse staff and board relations; commitment to team work.
• Commitment to fostering collaboration and teamwork; ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
• Cultural competencies working with diverse populations.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines; demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Clearance through DOJ Live scan fingerprinting may be required; La Casa de las Madres will consider applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and
• Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record and insurable under agency policy. Will consider non-driver.
Required Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies in executing the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new approaches.
• Managing Up - Ability to exercise good judgment and manage communications with supervisor and/or agency leadership.
• Oral communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Written communications – edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Other Information: The Director of Development & External Relations position is a full-time, exempt position. Work hours will be predominantly during regular business hours requiring some flexibility for occasional evening and weekend hours. Worksite will be at the offices of La Casa de las Madres in San Francisco.
Compensation/Benefits: $90,000 to $110,000 per year-DOE. Excellent benefit package includes: Kaiser/HSA health plan, dental, life insurance, long term disability, employee assistance program, employee funded 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching options, tuition reimbursement, and generous vacation and holiday plan.
How to apply: Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com, or mail your cover letter and resume to: La Casa de las Madres - DD, 1269 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.
La Casa de las Madres is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. EEO policy available upon request
Rebuilding Together San Francisco (RTSF) is looking for driven Social Media/Communications professional to attract and interact with targeted virtual donors and supporters. This role is classified as (1099 contractor) and will provide 10-12 hours per month to RTSF. As the Social Media/Communications, you will work closely with the Executive Director and Development Manager to support the organization’s growth and strategic response to an increasing demand for home repairs in San Francisco. The goal is to gradually achieve superior engagement of website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. Social media professionals should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive, flexible and strategic leader with proven planning, implementation and superior writing skills to join a determined team in creating safe homes and communities in all of San Francisco’s neighborhoods.
Social Media: · Build and maintain an annual social media calendar to promote the organization’s year-round work and reputation as a reliable provider of community revitalization activities. · Edit, Update and maintain RTSF website to attract new supporters, donors and ensure website conveys impact and mission of RTSF.
Special Events: · Capture Photos/ Videos/ Quotes and experiences at RTSF Annual Event Days o National Rebuilding Day & SHEBUILDS o Builders & Brewers Fundraiser o Rebuild My Block Event · Compile media and materials for presentation on website, marketing, and social media
Marketing and Communications: · Collection of Stakeholder Interviews (neighbors, volunteers, partners, and vendors) · Edit and publish RTSF’s monthly newsletters showcasing accomplishments with stories and data. · Write regular press releases and media alerts
Position requirements · You have 1-3 years of communications experience – knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels. · Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills · You are confident with the office suite, website content management, email marketing and social media networks. Familiarity with WordPress is strongly desired · Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability · You have the ability to collaborate with several teams at once, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
The Account Coordinator plays an important role in planning and executing public relations and social media campaigns and managing client needs.
Account Coordinator responsibilities include activities spanning public relations, social media, marketing and account coordination work. They include, but are not limited to:
• Developing media lists for client announcements and press outreach
• Writing press releases, media materials and newsletters on behalf of clients
• Securing print, broadcast and online coverage for clients through targeted media outreach and pitching
• Writing press backgrounders and media talking points for clients prior to briefings
• Tracking relevant press coverage
• Managing client’s social media profiles, including posting regular updates and tracking engagement
• Implementing and tracking social media campaigns on behalf of our clients
• Drafting copy for media kits, websites, brochures and other marketing materials
• Contributing toward strategic positioning and messaging documents
• Advising on web and print design and client brand identity
• Preparing meeting schedules and call agendas for clients
• Providing recommendations on how to improve ongoing campaigns and projects
• Support on additional tasks as needed
About the Candidate
Telegraph is looking for a colleague to join our team who is curious, creative and ready to learn new skills to put into action. Candidates must have outstanding written, verbal and organizational skills, attention to detail and a passion for making a difference. The account coordinator must juggle various responsibilities and keep track of deadlines for multiple accounts.
College graduates with public relations, marketing or communications degrees and relevant work or internship experience are preferred.
Job type: Full-time, on-site
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, or public policy
Experience: 2+ years
This mid-level position offers salary commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org apply for the Account Coordinator position at Telegraph PR. We accept applications on a rolling basis and will contact you if we are interested in pursuing your application further.
Telegraph PR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Telegraph PR Telegraph is a Bay Area leader in public relations and cause-oriented campaigns providing full service strategy formation, communications, and logistics support to our clients. Our tight-knit team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds in campaign management, public relations, copywriting, graphic design, social media, website development, branding and client relations.
Are you a skilled communications and social media manager who is eager to channel your skills and experience to end hunger? If so, consider applying to the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank to become the Communications and Social Media Manager and join the food bank team.
We are currently searching for talent with expertise in managing the food bank’s communications plan and social media channels. The communications and social media manager comes to the food bank with a strategic, creative, integrated and a collaborative approach to managing internal and external communications. This includes taking the lead on building, leveraging and growing the food banks social media operation.
For over 32 years the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank has been feeding people in San Francisco and Marin. We are comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area. The food bank supports 1 in 5 neighbours, who are at risk of hunger in San Francisco and Marin.
We are currently looking for a communications and social media manager to design, implement and execute our communications and social media objectives and initiatives. Please see the job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Communications and Social Media Manager leads the implementation of and contributes to the planning and strategy of communications, public relations and social media strategies that promote our work and raise the visibility of the Food Bank. They are responsible for developing compelling content, including stories, about our programs and participants, which are essential to our fundraising efforts. This is an ideal position for an excellent writer and or journalist with strong project management skills. The candidate will need a proven track record in such matters with solid experience with planning and deploying integrated communications and marketing campaigns who is interested in growing their career in a highly collaborative organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• Describe yourself as outgoing and creative, with proven experience in Communications and Marketing?
• Possess a passion for engaging audiences and stakeholders through your storytelling?
• Love leading a small but mighty team that does awesome work?
• Long to work at a highly-recognized non-profit organization in leading social change?
• Want to work at an organization that highly values its employees, offering rich benefits, ample professional development opportunity, and great work-life balance?
If you have answered “YES” to these questions, then we urge to you apply to be our next Communications and Marketing Manager!
Alameda County Community Food Bank has achieved notable success in recent years – ranging from being voted 2016 Food Bank of the Year by the nation’s network of food banks, to being named “Best Nonprofit” in notable local magazines, to achieving some very audacious program goals. We’re a dedicated group of mission-driven people, including a Communications and Marketing team who loves nothing more than developing creative and effective ways of storytelling and educating the community in a way that gets people engaged in our mission.
As a member of the Food Bank’s Development department, the Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for leading two high-performing Communications and Marketing team members, and for managing content creation and implementing annual, quarterly and seasonal integrated marketing campaigns. Though priority focus is on the Food Bank’s development and cultivation efforts (e.g., fundraising), this position manages the execution of projects that support all departments and the organization as a whole. Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement and Marketing, this position supports core communications functions including media relations, internal communications, and partner relations in addition to marketing-related activities.
The ideal candidate is tremendously organized with impeccable project management skills. They love being an effective team leader. They have a proven ability to distill complex issues into clear, concise, and compelling content for diverse audiences. S/he is experienced in all content mediums – from social media to digital marketing to direct response, and s/he can communicate with whimsy, emotion and persuasiveness.
Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization, which has been at the forefront of hunger relief efforts for 35 years. As one of the most efficient, direct-impact organizations in the country, few nonprofits are as well-respected – or have a bigger impact on the community – than us. We serve 1 in 5 county residents and will provide enough food for 30 million meals this year. But that barely scratches the surface of all our work. We’re forward thinkers who encourage innovation in our work. We’re changing lives … we’re proud of our work … and we’re having fun doing it!
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum 5-7 years of integrated marketing experience with demonstrated success enhancing organization awareness and/or increasing revenue.
• Previous management experience and demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff in achieving goals.
• Highly organized and skilled project manager with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
• Diverse, high-visibility content creation experience; highly imaginative with exceptional creative writing skills.
• Strong online and digital marketing experience.
• Experience and/or interest in core creative, layout or design.
• Experience managing budgets and vendor relationships.
• Superb oral communications skills; strong presentation skills and experience with public speaking.
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team and collaboratively across departments. Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills, and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of publishing software, database and email marketing programs, WordPress and social media.
• Ability to occasionally attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed.
• Valid California driver’s license, insurable driving record, access to reliable transportation for spontaneous off-site interviews and other local travel.
• A dedicated interest or experience in fundraising.
• Experience in progressive issues and/or high level nonprofit organization preferred.
• Prior experience serving as an organizational spokesperson preferred.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
• Ability to empathize with our clients in a compassionate and respectful manner.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
• Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
This work is located in an office and a warehouse environment. Regular local travel required to attend/report on food bank programs and to assist with events. The following physical activities are necessary in the performance of this job: Talking, hearing, writing, reasoning, interpreting and prioritizing. Ability to move throughout the Food Bank building. Ability to use a computer. Good interpersonal communication.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position working 37.5 hours per week. The non-negotiable starting salary is $81,998 per year. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
• Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
• Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
• Vision: Optional
• Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
• Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
• Employer-paid life, A&DD & LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
• 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
• Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
• Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please submit your resume and answer the application questions on our careers page
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Award winning San Francisco architecture and design firm has an opening available for a Graphics and Communications Manager. This position will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day marketing and PR operations. The ideal candidate is experienced in graphic design, knowledgeable in the field of architecture/design, and eager to leverage our strong portfolio and existing relationships to bring our work to the world. This is a diverse, hands-on, deadline-driven position that requires initiative, autonomy, and playing well with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
Do you have 2-4 years of PR experience and are looking for your next career step? If so, check us out! We are looking for an outstanding Marketing/Public Relations Account Executive to join our team. We are a smart, aggressive group and provide a wide range of PR and marketing services to an exciting mix of start-up and mid-sized companies located throughout the U.S. and worldwide.
If you’re awesome, we want to hear from you! We are a boutique firm, passionate about achieving great results, work closely as a team, are always looking for new ideas, and have a stable, growing client base.
The ideal AE will work with 3-5 clients at a time. The person will handle a mix of:
- Media relations
- Social media
- Direct marketing and marketing automation
- Content development – releases, blogs, long-form writing and more
- Graphic/infographic/web design work
- Speaker placement
- Awards and listings
- Day-to-day client management
Other activities the associate will be involved in include:
- Thinking strategically about client communications issues and working with us to create solutions
- Assisting with preparation and presentation of new business presentations
- Participating in new business research and outreach
- 2-4 years total experience, 1-2 years at least of marketing/PR agency experience
- Experience in completing activities outlined above
- Passion for providing clients with outstanding work
- Strong work ethic, self-starter personality
- Outstanding attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of AP Style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ambitious personality, eager for advancement
- Eagerness to learn and share successful strategies
- Sense of humor!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary (range is $50,000 – 70,000)
- Attractive medical and dental plans
- Ongoing training and career development
- Bonus program
- Separate bonus program for new business outreach
- 401(k) with guaranteed contribution
- Work-at-home policy
- Summer hours
- Casual attire
We are seeking entry and mid-level career professionals to work within our coast-to-coast account teams. In this role, you will partner with clients and colleagues to achieve significant PR results for our national B2B and B2C clients. Daily work may include media pitching, staffing interviews, or brainstorming your next great PR strategy within your awesome account team.
You should have a strong interest in media, storytelling, and research. You should be a creative thinker that has a track record of turning your original ideas into media successes. Strong writing and communication skills are a must. As part of our media relations staff, you’ll need to pivot quickly and juggle multiple tasks throughout the day. If you thrive under pressure, possess strong initiative and love to be challenged, this is a great opportunity for you.
We offer great benefits, generous PTO and company paid holidays, flexible hours, and the opportunity to work from home when needed. We support your hard work with fully stocked kitchens, monthly happy hours, and the occasional lunch delivery.
Learn more about us at www.sspr.com
*Great opportunity for NEW GRADUATES*
SSPR is a fast moving, hit the ground running integrated public relations firm. We are a team of creatives who understand the value of hard work, collaboration and execution. We love a good challenge and a good happy hour.
Within this entry level role, you are responsible for supporting account teams in the delivery of exceptional PR results by assisting in the creation of client materials such as editorial calendars, media lists, and speaking/award opportunities. You will begin to identify key media targets by closely tracking clients and industry news as well as assist in creating media briefings for clients. This position is great for high initiative recent graduates desiring diverse hands-on PR experience in a fun, team environment focused on learning.
Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer degrees in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field. Must have previous internship experience in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field required.
Learn more about us at www.sspr.com
HARDEN COMMUNICATIONS PARTNERS – A STANTON AGENCY
Public Relations Account Coordinator – JACK LONDON SQUARE
Harden Partners (https://hardenpartners.com), based in Oakland’s Jack London Square is hiring! As the West Coast arm of New York-based Stanton PR & Marketing, we offer the benefits of a boutique environment, complemented by the strength and backing of our NY-based colleagues at Stanton.
Our clients are top-tier firms in healthcare, technology, financial, and professional services. They are a great mix of early stage and established companies. We are very client-focused with high professional standards. At Harden, you have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects. You will learn, grow and thrive in a pivotal role, working directly with clients as a key member of our team.
About the Role:
The Account Coordinator position is responsible for providing entry-level support for multiple account teams. Work includes ownership of client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, and media relations support including writing bylines and pitching to media. You will be assisting in the day-to-day administration of marketing, public relations, and advertising initiatives to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
About You: We are looking for proactive, self-starters with the following skills/experience:
· BA/advanced degree in marketing, communications or related field
· Prior internship(s) in public relations and/or related fields
· Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
· Demonstrated media relations experience
· Social media fluency/expertise
· Collaborative team player who focuses on “greater good”
· Ability to think strategically as well as tactically
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure projects are completed on time and in budget
· Highly organized, motivated and entrepreneurial
· Positive outlook and sense of humor required
· Must like dogs
Public Relations Assistant
Our Company has an immediate need for a PR & Marketing Communications Associate to join our growing team. We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and plenty of room for advancement.
We are a rapidly-growing promotional marketing company, applying a customer-friendly, direct, results-driven approach to our marketing research and sales. Because of our proven success and expertise, we continue to obtain new clientele as we dramatically increase our clients' product exposure, sales and brand recognition.
· Advertising & Brand Exposure
· Marketing & Account Satisfaction
· Public Relations Associates
· Assistant Management
What we have for you:
· Rapid growth and advancement
· Competitive compensation
· Sales and marketing experience
· Energetic and goal oriented team environment
· Travel Experience
At a base level, our firm trains entry-level team members to act as liaisons between clients and prospective customers in the local business market. On a management level, our company acts as an advisory agent to marketing firms within the organization as well as prepares recently promoted Managing Partners to oversee new markets and campaigns.
A boutique Marketing and Business Consulting Firm is seeking a Marketing Intern. The main focus is to learn and assist in implementing new creative marketing and business consulting strategies to promote our clients and the firm. In this role you will learn about and interact with a wide range of companies and clients ranging from large technology companies to small startups in food, financial, real estate, law, fitness, hospitality, virtual reality and more.
This role includes learning how to engage in social media marketing, event promotion, public relations campaigns, writing press releases, sales strategy, attending client meetings, email marketing, video production, business operations, event planning, brand promotion and attending business networking and social events.
This is an ideal role for a recent college graduate or current student who can make a consistent time commitment. Length of internship and amount of hours can range depending on needs (e.g. summer internship, international student part-time CPT, full-time OPT, etc.).
This could be great for a current UC Berkeley, San Francisco State University, USF, Academy of Art, etc. students who can easily attend our San Francisco evening events. In this role you will also attend numerous monthly events and workshops we host in San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Walnut Creek, etc.
This position works directly with the Founder and Chief Consultant who has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with additional coursework and experience in law, business, and marketing.
Our comprehensive Internship Training Program will provide you with important client work, projects and responsibilities, along with training and supervision to gain impressive new skills.
We provide a monthly stipend of $500 and pay for all meals while on-site. There may also be opportunities to earn commission and bonuses.
Interns learn through working with us about strengths they never knew they had, define their true career goals and are given projects in those areas making them more valuable in the marketplace and inside our company. The goal is that your hard work will be rewarded with new higher-level projects and opportunities.
Together we create a custom flexible schedule (around classes, other work, etc.) which is typically 16 to 24 hours a week over 2-3 days a week (including evening events) for a 12 month comprehensive internship training program. If desired interns may work full-time. Interns may work more hours over a 6 month or 3 month time frame, especially for summer internships, OPT programs, etc., however 12 months is our comprehensive program.
We make adjustments during the school year or based on your work schedule. The hours also include, based on your availability, attending our 5-10 monthly business networking and social events we host throughout the Bay Area.
We develop a mix of activities based on your interest, experience, availability and long term goals.
Typical Apprentice / Intern activities may include:
- Planning, organizing, promoting company and client events
- Attending events, checking people in at events, acting as an event greeter and host
- Engaging in conversations during business meetings and events
- Assisting to create marketing materials and press releases with other team members
- Updating company and clients’ Blogs, Websites, Social Media, etc.
- Organizing schedules and maintaining projects in our project management system (Basecamp)
- Completing Administrative tasks (i.e. data entry, drafting emails, transcribing meetings notes, etc.)
- Following up with event guest who expressed interest in learning more about our company or clients
- Participating in client and new business meetings or lunches
- Designing new company marketing materials
- Creating PowerPoint presentations or presenting company or clients products or services at events
- Writing press releases and assisting with public relations campaigns
- Producing or participating in videos and photo shoots promoting company or clients products or services for website, social media and print
- Email Marketing campaigns (Constant Contact)
- Facebook, Twitter, Yelp Postings and monitoring
- Updating company and clients Blog and Websites
- Google Analytics, Keyword tracking, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Savvy communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance with natural ability to attract attention and engage in meaningful conversations at events and during business consulting meetings
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Understanding of and interest in Social Media for marketing of restaurants, retail, corporations and non profits.
- Proficient Skills or ability to quickly learn to use Google Applications, project management tools, and database spreadsheets programs
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally
- Fun, outgoing, motivated, passionate, driven to succeed, and has a "can-do" attitude
inPowered is a San Francisco based artificial intelligence (AI) start-up that’s bootstrapped to profitability by giving Fortune 500 brands the world’s first Programmatic Content Marketing platform. Our mission is to end interruptive advertising by enabling brands to drive deep consumer engagement with their content.
Brands like Mazda, Samsung, Comcast, Lyft, Wells Fargo and many others use our platform to amplify their content across over 40 Native Advertising channels including Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and use AI to optimize for user engagement and action. With less than 50 people, we have grown 10x since our inception in 2014. Our founders Peyman Nilforoush and Pirouz Nilforoush sold their previous company NetShelter to Ziff Davis.
We are seeking a highly motivated PR and Social Media pro to develop and drive the overall communications execution for inPowered, a profitable AI based ad-tech startup. inPowered has revolutionized the Native Advertising industry in a short time with a breakthrough content amplification platform that automatically delivers engagement with content for the world’s largest brands. You will work with a team of visionary successful entrepreneurs and will be able to create, drive and own the communications efforts for this dynamic, impactful company. You will be responsible for the development of the overall communications strategy and execution through media relations, thought leadership, influencer marketing, and social media. To be successful in this position you will have demonstrated the ability to lead overall communications efforts in the past including success in media relations, message development, and social media.
The Public Relations and Communications Specialist is passionate about telling the stories of the PJCC across multiple channels as well as through relationships formed within the public relations area. The specialist will bring a passion for creative, compelling marketing storytelling. With strong writing, editing, relationship and P.R. skills, the Public Relations and Communications Specialist is able to manage detailed projects with firm timelines to meet and exceed strategic goals.
The Public Relations and Communications Specialist will be responsible for writing and delivering compelling content across various media; and sharing content regularly to drive awareness of the PJCC; increase membership leads; increase program participation; and create engagement with members and the greater community.
Additionally, the Public Relations and Communications Specialist will shape and enhance our image in ways that promote our services, values and mission. Lastly, this position will be responsible for maintaining media relations as well as contribute as a writer and editor to ensure brand consistency and quality content.
What your day-to-day would consist of as the Public Relations and Communications Specialist:
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits including medical and dental
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Program and Service Discounts
- FREE Gym Membership
Please attach a cover letter, resume and portfolio; must include writing samples, for consideration.
Writing samples include articles, sales material, print promotional material, social media content, blogs and email samples.
To be considered, applicants must submit BOTH a resume AND a letter of intent to email@example.com addressing both your interest in a public relations career and in working specifically with our agency. **Note: This is NOT a summer internship; this position is available to college graduates who are available to begin a full-time internship immediately. fortyseven communications seeks college graduates to train to become account coordinators at a dynamic agency with video game, digital entertainment and consumer technology accounts. The full-time position will place interns in real-world account roles with an opportunity to get hired as a permanent employee at the end of the internship. Candidates must be excellent writers, energetic personalities and pop & digital culture lovers. Successful interns are extremely well organized, proactive, interested in learning about all facets of communications and have a fun, positive attitude. Interns need to be able to work productively with staff members at all levels, working on teams both in person and virtually, with teammates spread amongst all three of fortyseven's offices across the country (LA, NY, SF). They must become well versed in agency procedures, and offer creative ideas and input. Position requires a serious interest in a communications career, excellent communication skills, a high level of professionalism, attention to detail/deadlines and strong research skills. Applicants will only be considered if your application email subject contains “Internship Application” and your name, and your letter of intent includes not only the requirements stated above but also an answer to one of the following questions: What is your current favorite app, game, show or product and why? Or what is your favorite news source, and why is it your favorite? Position Full-time, Paid Responsibilities Extensive research and reporting Basic PR writing Low-level client and media relations Compiling minutes/action items on client and team calls Additional account responsibilities could be event staffing, brainstorming and general office help Requirements College diploma Excellent spoken and written English
We are searching for a seasoned, mid-level career social media professional to collaborate with our media relations team to achieve client success. In this role, you will drive social media strategy, manage social media campaigns as well as staff assignments, and communicate ROI to clients. Daily work may include content creation, editing junior staff content, and collaborating with clients on their account success.
You should be experienced in all social media platforms and familiar with client reporting. We need creative thinkers who can also slip into a grammar nerd role. You should easily adapt content creation to diverse brand voice and feel comfortable working within a varied client portfolio. While this isn’t a formal people management position, you will have the chance to mentor and guide more junior staff. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, count juggling multiple tasks as one of your superpowers, and show up at work smiling – this is a job for you!
Do you enjoy networking and building lasting relationships? Are you looking for an opportunity that will help others obtain their goals?
The Public Relations and Customer Service Assistant is responsible for executing all elements of a proactive local marketing strategy by engaging existing and potential customers for our clients through innovative marketing techniques. This position is accountable for attaining performance goals associated with driving sales growth through building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
Responsibilities: (Entry Level)
Potential Additional Responsibilities: (Management Training)
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
Are you newly graduated or about to graduate and interested in getting into marketing and public relations?! Are you ready to work on cool clients and get kickass experience? If so, we’re looking for you! We are a smart, creative, aggressive and fun group working with consumer products, tech, non-profit and other types of organizations. Our clients range from startups to large public companies.
We are looking for a full-time intern with the potential to become a full-time employee. We need someone eager to work in media relations, social media, web/graphic design, writing, speaker placement and more. We offer lots of hands-on training, exposure to clients, involvement in new business and more. We are a boutique firm, passionate about achieving great results, work closely as a team, and are always looking for new ideas.
The ideal intern will work with 2-3 clients on:
- Building and expanding relationships with media influencers
- Launching new products
- Assisting with clients’ Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media channels
- Assisting with design of clients’ websites, graphic materials, infographics and more
- Writing media pitches, press releases, bylined articles and similar content
- Crafting speaking abstracts, submitting client experts and following up with conference managers
- Working on video development, script, production and editing
- Building media, analyst, conference and related lists
- A degree in marketing or communications, or about to graduate with a degree
- Ideally, a previous internship at a PR or marketing agency
- Passion for completing outstanding work
- Strong interest in media/analyst relations, writing and social media
- Web/graphic design experience a plus!
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter personality
- Eagerness to learn
- Can do attitude! Sense of humor!
What We Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Casual attire and atmosphere
- A team eager to involve you in our client work