Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is a nonprofit, after-school program building confident, healthy girls in 3-8th grades. Our organization serves 2,000 girls each year across 5 Bay Area counties. The Girls on the Run program provides an interactive way to learn about healthy living, which includes lessons on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a culminating 5k run/walk distance. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up, while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity, and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to play a critical role in our capacity to serve more girls. Throughout the course of the year, you will interact remotely with a dynamic, fun group of staff. You will obtain marketing skills, learn more about project management, understand the workings of a fast-paced non-profit organization, gain knowledge of talent acquisition, and build your network of professional connections! This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to professionally develop within a variety of areas, including marketing, operations, recruitment, project management, etc. We are looking for a self-starter who is mission-driven and has demonstrated leadership skills!
This is an Americorp VISTA position from October 2020 - October 2021. Please apply here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=98996
A boutique Marketing and Business Consulting Firm is seeking a REMOTE Marketing Intern. The main focus is to learn and assist in implementing new creative marketing and business consulting strategies to promote our clients and the firm. In this role you will learn about and interact with a wide range of companies and clients ranging from large technology companies to small startups in food, financial, real estate, law, fitness, hospitality, virtual reality and more.
Because of COVID-19 we are open to adding the right person to our team who will work virtually / remotely. You can be located anywhere in the world as long as you can work with us sometime between the hours of 8am PST to 8pm PST. We have team meetings, client meetings and host virtual events all via Zoom, Skype and other platforms. Our business continues to grow in new ways and we want to add someone to our team who wants to grow with us. This is an UNPAID role with our company and all work can be done remotely.
This role includes learning how to engage in social media marketing, event promotion, public relations campaigns, writing press releases, sales strategy, attending client meetings, email marketing, video production, business operations, event planning, brand promotion and attending business networking and social events.
This is an ideal role for a current or recent college graduate who can make a consistent time commitment. Length of internship and amount of hours can range depending on needs (e.g. summer internship, international student part-time CPT, full-time OPT, etc.). The ideal candidate can be part of our 12 month comprehensive internship training program. We will give you school credit and professional reference.
In this role you will also "attend" numerous monthly events and workshops. ALL events are now virtual events, live streamed, etc. and will be for a long time!
This position works directly with the Founder and Chief Consultant who has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with additional coursework and experience in law, business, and marketing.
Our comprehensive Internship Training Program will provide you with important client work, projects and responsibilities, along with training and supervision to gain impressive new skills.
This is an UNPAID role with our company and all work can be done remotely.
AFTER COVID-19... when we go back to working at our office, which will be a long time from now and if you happen to be local to the San Francisco Bay Area (where our main office is located) we can pay for 1) transportation (BART / Gas) up to $200 per month and (2) pay for all meals (around $15 a day) on days worked and more. There may also be opportunities to earn commission and bonuses.
Interns learn through working with us about strengths they never knew they had, define their true career goals and are given projects in those areas making them more valuable in the marketplace and inside our company. The goal is that your hard work will be rewarded with new higher-level projects and opportunities.
Together we create a custom flexible schedule (around classes, other work, etc.) which is typically 16 to 24 hours a week over 2-3 days a week (including evening events) for a 12 month comprehensive internship training program. If desired interns may work full-time. Interns may work more hours over a 6 month or 3 month time frame, especially for summer internships, OPT programs, etc., however 12 months is our comprehensive program.
We make adjustments during the school year or based on your work schedule. The hours also include, based on your availability, attending (NOW VIRTUAL) our 5-10 monthly business networking and social events.
We develop a mix of activities based on your interest, experience, availability and long term goals.
Typical Apprentice / Intern activities may include:
- Planning, organizing, promoting company and client events
- Attending events, checking people in at events, acting as an event greeter and host - NOW VIRTUAL
- Engaging in conversations during business meetings and events - NOW VIRTUAL
- Assisting to create marketing materials and press releases with other team members
- Updating company and clients’ Blogs, Websites, Social Media, etc.
- Organizing schedules and maintaining projects in our project management system (Basecamp)
- Completing Administrative tasks (i.e. data entry, drafting emails, transcribing meetings notes, etc.)
- Following up with event guest who expressed interest in learning more about our company or clients
- Participating in client and new business meetings or lunches - NOW VIRTUAL
- Designing new company marketing materials
- Creating PowerPoint presentations or presenting company or clients products or services at events
- Writing press releases and assisting with public relations campaigns
- Producing or participating in videos and photo shoots promoting company or clients products or services for website, social media and print
- Email Marketing campaigns (Constant Contact)
- Facebook, Twitter, Yelp Postings and monitoring
- Updating company and clients Blog and Websites
- Google Analytics, Keyword tracking, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Savvy communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance with natural ability to attract attention and engage in meaningful conversations at events and during business consulting meetings - NOW VIRTUAL
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Understanding of and interest in Social Media for marketing of restaurants, retail, corporations and non profits.
- Proficient Skills or ability to quickly learn to use Google Applications, project management tools, and database spreadsheets programs
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally
- Fun, outgoing, motivated, passionate, driven to succeed, and has a "can-do" attitude
The Department of Public Health is accepting applications for two (2) full time positions in class 1244 Senior Human Resources Analyst/Labor Relations specialty. The current positions are located at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center's Labor Relations Division and Laguna Honda Hospital's Labor Relations Division.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center is a large acute care teaching hospital which provides a Level I Trauma Center for the City and County of San Francisco and offers a comprehensive range of inpatient, ambulatory, skilled nursing, rehabilitative and community oriented programs and is affiliated with the University of California - San Francisco.
Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center is a long-term care facility providing skilled nursing intensive rehabilitation, acute medical, AZIDS/HIV, dementia care, and hospice care.
The Department of Public Health serves the culturally diverse, safety net and underserved population of San Francisco. Both locations are open on a twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) day per week basis. The basic work week is a dayshift, 5-day week of 40 hours. However, the position may be required to work evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays on occasion.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Labor Relations Manager, the Senior Human Resources Analyst in the Labor Relations Division for the Department of Public Health performs advanced level professional and technical personnel work in the areas of employee relations, contract administration and conflict resolution. Essential functions include:
Meets and confers with employee organizations;
Represents the Department in labor contract negotiations;
Conducts and prepares investigative reports on issues of serious employee misconduct including patient abuse;
Conducts disciplinary hearings;
Responds to grievances;
Participates and presents at grievance arbitrations;
Enforces supervisors' and managers' compliance with the Employee Relations Ordinance and various labor contracts;
Provides advice, consultation and information to departmental managers, supervisors and employees regarding discipline and related personnel rules, policies and procedures;
Prepares correspondence, reports and memos; ·
Makes presentations to boards and commissions;
Supervises and/or trains professional technical staff.
The Senior Human Resources Analyst also performs related duties as assigned.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of verifiable professional human resources experience, similar to 1241 Human Resources Analyst, in one or more of the following areas of activity: recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration and human resources operations.
Education Substitution - Additional qualifying work experience as a professional human resources analyst may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis (30 semester/ 45 quarter units equals one year).
Experience Substitution - Completion of a 12 month human resources trainee program equivalent to the City and County of San Francisco’s 1249 Human Resources Training Program may substitute for one (1) year of required professional experience.
Experience Substitution - Possession of a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or Master’s degree in Personnel Administration, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or Clinical/School/Industrial-Organizational Psychology may substitute for one (1) year of the required professional experience.
Note: Professional personnel experience in Labor Relations requires journey-level experience working in a Union environment involving a combination of at least three (3) of the following:
PURPOSE: Marketing and communication for company-Paid Training-Travel Opportunities-Management
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Implementation of marketing plans, including product positioning, campaign strategies, and market strategy insights.
· Discovery of strategic business opportunities through cross function collaboration with sales, HR, etc.
· Marketing opportunity for revenue
· Provide product/service support to establish proper channels of information and communication.
· Responsible for branding, advertising, trade shows, company events, and promotional collateral
· Work with management on projects dealing with media relations, business communications, success stories
These are personal traits that will best help the associate perform the job's essential functions successfully.
· Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
· Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
· Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
· Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
· Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
· Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others.
· Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Candidate must be very articulate, have a sense of humor, easygoing, but very disciplined. We need a culture fit!
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Journalism
· Minimum (1) zero to (5) five years of relevant marketing experience with proven success; however, we offer paid training.
· Must have a wide range of experience and understanding of marketing, including product positioning, pricing, promotions, market research, sales, and distribution.
· Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
· Experience working with agency/client partners, exhibiting the ability to generate maximum return through effective marketing strategies and direction.
Apply today for immediate consideration! We are conducting ZOOM interviews this week!