We are seeking a Preschool Teacher to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
- Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Must meet state requirements for position.
Candidate must pass a medical exam/physical and have a clear background check to qualify for employment.
Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
Must have at-least 12 ECE units.
• Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks. • Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events. • Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers. • Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom. • Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management. • Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter. • Performs other similar or related duties as necessary. • All employees are required to receive 15 hours of training each calendar year per DCFS requirements.
Paid sick and vacation days. Health coverage. Paid holidays and paid prep time and more.
Joining Our Team at Kiddie Academy of Vacaville, CA will provide you with a fulfilling role as a leader, nurturer and teacher for the minds of tomorrow. You will enjoy the daily satisfaction of watching children progress mentally and physically with the guidance of our curriculum, Life Essentials.
Having Fun While Learning
At Kiddie Academy, we believe care and learning should go hand in hand, and the two should always be balanced. Our curriculum focuses on activity-based, hands-on learning that makes it fun for children and teachers. Kiddie Academy's Life Essentials curriculum is based on four pillars of education: Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum, Technology, Health & Fitness and Character Education.
Lesson plans are organized into weekly themes and are explored throughout all subject areas and activity learning.
Technology in the Classroom
Kiddie Academy is staying ahead of the curve with a daily reporting application that functions on Apple® devices. Instead of filling out paper forms, teachers use this intuitive app to document children's sleep, eating habits, activities, etc. It even allows teachers to take photos and videos of memorable moments! At the end of each day, when a child leaves, this report is automatically sent out to the child's parent(s) and/or guardian(s). This fun and environmentally friendly initiative has been a huge success and is very popular among teachers and parents alike.