This position averages 5-10 hours a week. No culinary degree or professional cooking experience required.
Do you like to work with kids and have a passion for cooking and nutrition?
LIFT Enrichment, Inc is the fastest-growing healthy cooking class program for kids in Southern California. Our mission is to transform the lives of 250,000 kids by improving their health and confidence in the kitchen. Currently we teach 1,500+ kids a week at 100+ sites with over 60 chef teachers.
We are looking for engaging and experienced Chef Teachers to teach our after-school culinary education to students all throughout Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley.
- Help students learn the art of cooking so they can improve their nutrition and connect with their family over homemade food
- Fun and rewarding experience for teachers as they bond with students and teach engaging cooking classes
- Great supplemental income for all types of people from students in school to actors/musicians looking for a flexible schedule
- Will look great on your resume moving forward in your career
- Professional or volunteer experience teaching/working with children ages 5-12
- Excellent cooking skills (no culinary degree or formal culinary education required)
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- Own a reliable car
- No criminal background
- Availability a minimum of 3 afternoons (7.5 hours)
- Shop for and prep ingredients for each class - quick reimbursement!
- Teach cooking classes in an engaging way - we provide curriculum!
- Commit to 6-8 week sessions per school. Sessions are once a week.
- Good communication by phone and email with the internal team
$50 per cooking class! (2.5 hours of work total - Shopping, prepping, driving to class, teaching)
All training - Video tutorials, chef handbook and orientation is paid
Blue Oak Creative Schoolhouse is a prominent preschool located on the Westside of Los Angeles. We are currently looking for Assistant Teachers and a Lead Teacher to complete our team. We are a close-knit community of dedicated educators and supportive families. We offer a competitive salary as well as full time benefits that include: vacation pay, personal days, health insurance, 401k options, opportunities for workshops/ team & personal development, continued education stipends, and a passionate team of hard working educators to grow with. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Requirements for both positions:
- Background check clearance through LiveScan
- Negative TB test
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Must love children and have an understanding of child development
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Minimum of 12 ECE units completed
- Previous classroom experience a plus but not required
- Willingness to learn and grow as an educator
- Wonderful opportunity for a student interested in gaining experience in a
- Minimum of 24 ECE units completed
- 2 years classroom teaching experience preferred
- Understanding of Constructivist Approach / Reggio Emilia Approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player. Experience working successfully in a team teaching environment is a plus!
*Please include your resume with a COVER LETTER letting us know what has inspired you to choose a career in Early Childhood Education.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Child Development Consortium of Los Angeles (CDCLA), a non-profit organization, is looking for dedicated, skilled and caring teachers for our high-quality early education programs.
Teacher applicants should have a minimum of 12 units in early childhood education, , have a criminal record and TB clearance and current Pediatric CPR/First Aid certification. Experience in an accredited center or a California Department of Education Program is helpful.
Substitute teacher positions are available for students or others who need a more flexible schedule.
We are looking for a fun, preschool teacher who likes to get messy and have fun. We are a NAEYC accredited school in the heart of the Civic Center in downtown Los Angeles.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities: Strong knowledge of child development theory.
Experience with current developmentally appropriate early childhood practices.
Experience in Emergent Curriculum both in practice and implementation
Experience in planning and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices for children aged 2 to 3.
Experience in documenting children's developmental growth with a developmental portfolio which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
A clear understanding of Title 22 regulations and NAEYC Criteria.
Skilled at creating a nurturing, stimulating, environment for children, staff, and parents.
Demonstrates interpersonal skills to lead and interact effectively with staff, parents, and professionals affiliated with the center.
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English, both written and orally.
Education, Certifications, and Background Clearances
Associate's degree in early childhood education or related field, 3 infant/ toddler units required
Minimum of two years of experience teaching preschool.
Obtain clear DOJ, FBI, child abuse index
CPR (Infant and Child) and First Aid certified.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include: Medical (we Pay 75%), Dental, Vision, Aflac, Paid vacations (9 hours of Paid Time Off a month, plus 8 hours on your birthday). Paid Time Off rolls over. Paid Holidays (12-13 in a year), plus 3 Staff Development Days a year, Annual NAEYC Membership, Educational Reimbursement up to 500.00 a year. We pay for training, and workshops pertaining to child development.
Compensation is based on education and experience.
Mount Washington Preschool and Child Care Center Inc. is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified persons regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Lic. 198015240 and 198015239
Job Type: Full-time
DO YOU WANT TO GET PAID TO PLAY?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH A LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE TEAM?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL?
THEN SEND US YOUR RESUME!
AND AN AWESOME PERSONALITY
WE ARE LOCATED NEAR THE HOLLYWOOD AND WESTERN METRO STATION
Sunday School Teacher Part Time $18/hr (2-3 hrs per week)
The teacher is an educator. In this capacity his/her concern is for the salvation and maturation of the children placed in his/her charge.
The teacher is under the supervision of the Children's Ministry Coordinator. She/He has a cooperative relationship with the other teachers in the Sunday School. She/He is a guide, facilitator, spiritual counselor, and example to the pupils in his class. She/He is a representative of the Children's Ministry.
1. Maintain Spiritual Life
a. Attend regular services of a church.
b. Conduct a private devotional life.
2. Continue self‐improvement:
a. Keep informed of current ideas and information about Sunday School.
b. Evaluate one's teaching periodically and find ways to improve its effectiveness.
1. In the classroom
a. Conduct a learning session appropriate to the needs and understanding of the children.
b. Involve the children in the lesson. (activities, questions, discussion etc.)
c. Provide opportunity for the salvation of each child and the subsequent maturation in Christ.
d. Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before the announced starting time for Sunday school to arrange materials and greet children. (9am)
e. Complete attendance and personal data records as specified.
f. Be regular in attendance.
2. Outside the classroom
a. Review/Prepare each lesson in a thorough manner. (Gospel Project).
b. Plan activities for your class.
c. Develop a thorough understanding of the age level you teach. (3rd-5th). Study the appropriate age‐level manual and handbooks.
d. Pray earnestly for each child.
e. Notify supervisor well in advance of anticipated absences.
New City Church
591 E. Palm Ave.
El Segundo, CA
New Family Child Care & Preschool in Los Angeles, CA has an immediate opening for an Infant/ Toddler Teacher Assistant & Daycare Assistant to keep up with our growth: We are looking for dedicated, professional, responsible, hard working person with loves to work with children.
Candidates Must be fluent in Spanish and live in Los Angeles.
Education & Experience:
• Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
Experience with early-childhood education
Must have at least 12 units in early child development, including 3 units infant /toddler development.
• Experience teaching arts & Craft, and methods Montessori.
Must hold all infants under the age of one, when feeding them with a bottle.
• Strong knowledge of Safe Infant Sleeping Practices and implement these at all times.
• Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and parents in a positive, effective and professional manner.
• Experience with communicating with families
• Knowing how to multitask under pressure a must.
• Pediatric CPR and First Aid certified with the ability to act quickly and appropriately during emergencies and hazardous situations.
• Must have current immunization shots: including MMR, Tdap, TB test, Influenza Shot or waiver
• Must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to routinely carry, bend, kneel, sit on small furniture and sit on the floor.
Duties will include:
Post daily photos of children in the app.
Supervision of children
Teaching children (circle/reading time, arts & crafts)
Collaborate in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
• Incorporating fine and gross motor development activities in daily routines.
• Provide vocal stimulus and modeling by reading out loud, singing and speaking to infants.
• Assume responsibility of the classroom. Assist with the preparation and clean up food during meal times.
• Maintain a healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environment at all times.
• Document the Infant’s developmental growth with a developmental portfolio, which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
• Perform periodic parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental growth, needs, and concerns.
• Model positive behavior, attitude, and language for children and staff.
• Change diapers and clothing as needed. Follow the diapering procedures at all times.
• Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Open to applicants with a teacher's degree in Spanish-speaking countries
• Year round
Hours of Operation:
• Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time
Salary per Hours: Varies Depending on qualifications
• Spanish (Preferred)
• One location
Work Location: West Adams-Los Angeles, CA 90016
Hours per week:
Email your resume or call me for interviews at 3238319982
Private Music School in San Pedro, Ca ….looking for a Part Time Voice Teacher. University Student or Graduate a plus. Currently we are looking for the right person to take over 8-10 students on Monday’s and Wednesday’s afternoons and evenings for 30 min lessons. Some Piano skills helpful. Great opportunity for the right person.
Serious applicants only. Email resume to and/or call for more info. The Gray School of Music 1079 W. 22nd St. San Pedro,Calif 90731 (310) 832-0519
Happy Day School is looking for afternoon teachers aides. Must love children, have child development units and be reliable. Hours are 2:30pm-6:30pm Monday- Friday. Please call Pam or Hunter between the hours of 9:00am-2:00pm. Also please send your resume
We are Young Ninjas USA! We are looking for fun, energetic people to join our team of afterschool martial arts instructors!
-Travel to schools in your area to teach our fun, non-contact martial arts program! We're especially looking for instructors to teach in the West LA, San Fernando Valley, and Central LA.
-No martial arts experience necessary, though it is encouraged (must be physically fit and active)
-We provide all training and curriculum!
-After-school hours (2-3pm) - flexible with other part-time jobs! (45-60 minutes a class)
-Perfect for personal trainers, fitness instructors, motivational speakers or people who just love working with children.
1) Be FUN and have lots of ENERGY!
2) ANY kind of active/sports/fitness experience or background: EX: FITNESS, SPORTS, GYMNASTICS, etc. MARTIAL ARTS is a plus.
3) Must have experience working with children in a GROUP SETTING
4) Have a reliable source of transportation which is NOT public, ride sharing, or a motorcycle.
5) Be able to commit to an entire semester of classes (Approximately 3 Months)
PAY: As you train, rate is $20 per 45/60 min class. After 4-6 weeks of training, you can be promoted to a Sensei where you will make $30/$40 per class. We teach in the morning hours, afternoon, afterschool, weekend classes, birthday parties, and special events. The longer you teach with us and show a commitment to the program we will reward you with more classes and work opportunities.
APPLY: Reply/Email with your resume (and picture/headshot is available)
Our Nature Growers' teacher is a creative educator responsible for preparing whole-child lesson plans. This educator is passionate about learning and can encourage students and families to think and explore as learners. This teacher is extremely comfortable with Common Core Standards and is an innovator who combines best practices and protocols of constructivist and project-based learning (PBL). This person is a creative educational professional who is competent at creating ambitious lesson plans in partnership with the students and can formally and informally assess students’ comprehension based on the TKG Learning Trajectory as well as the individual student’s developmental capacity within their Zone of Proximal development.
Requirements / Qualifications
M.A. or B.A. in a subject you are passionate about.
4 Years Professional experience.
Project Based Learning or experience in supporting students in practicing deeper learning competencies (critical thinking, collaboration, effective communication, own their learning, and build confidence)
Conflict Resolution Skills
Willingness to continue learning through Professional Development
To Apply, please submit:
References (at least 3)
Long Beach Marine Institute will be hiring part-time, seasonal staff for our Catalina Island Marine Science Camp program.
If you enjoy the island life and have experience kayaking, snorkeling and hiking, and would like to share your enthusiasm with youth, please apply! Successful candidates will have experience working with youth or youth groups, have a background in science, a passion for the marine environment and a strong sense of responsibility. A college degree is strongly preferred.
Our full-time professional staff will train you to be the best outdoor education specialist around. The position responsibilities include managing and instructing up to 25 students ranging in age from 10 to 18, camp program support duties, and maintaining a good relationship with teachers and chaperones. You must submit to a complete background check to qualify. We will only hire those of strong moral character with whom children will be safe and secure.
Catalina Camps begin in March and end in mid-June. You must be available to stay overnight at the island any days between Monday through Friday and possibly some weekends. All transportation and meals are provided. Exceptional staff will be considered for Summer program staff (in Long Beach).
Please visit our website for program details
Fax or email your cover letter and resume to:
6475 E. Pacific Coast Hwy. #281
Long Beach, CA 90803
FAX: (562) 431-7156
Study Hut is a small, beachy tutoring center with an emphasis on mellow vibes and nerdy tutors (the best combination!). We have tutoring locations in El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Belmont Shore, and Newport Beach, and provide Subject Tutoring, as well as Study Skills and Test Preparation. Our staff range from as little as 10 hours per week to upwards of 35 hours per week, and we have some morning hours available for those looking to step into a bigger role within our small but growing company!
Experience is nice, but not necessary as we will train you on how to be a great tutor and how to work within our excellent management structure. We support all of our tutors with a team of managers and assistant managers that handle everything from scheduling, parent meetings, and feedback.
This is a payroll job, so you are paid from the time your first kid starts to the time your last kid leaves - even if kids don't show up or cancel ahead of time. It's our responsibility to make use of the availability you are affording us, so all we ask is you keep that availability consistent so we can load you with recurring students eager to work with you.
Come check us out - we are all young, cool, and local people hoping to make a positive impact on our community!
You can send us your contact info here as well as apply on our site!! (Copy and Paste the link below) http://studyhut.com/employment
We are a small agency committed to providing effective, empirically validated educational and behavioral services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
We are in search of experienced ABA therapists to provide 1:1 service in the school and home setting. Must be fluent in data collection and program implementation. Currently looking for the Los Angeles area.
We are seeking individuals with:
• A Bachelor’s or Master's in psychology, education or related field
• Direct service experience using ABA methodologies in the school setting
• A working cell phone with an ongoing service plan
• Valid driver's license with insurance
• A clear FBI & DOJ record
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong desire to help others
• Health Insurance with dental and vision
• Life insurance
• 401k plan with company contribution
• Paid Vacation Time
• Initial and ongoing paid training
• RBT certification
• Ongoing supervision
• Opportunities for growth within the company
• Paid drive time and mileage between clients
• Opportunities for BCBA or BCaBA supervision hours
Please provide 3 references with resume.
We are seeking a Toddler Preschool Teacher to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
How to Apply:
We are seeking a Pre-K Preschool Teacher to join our organization! We teach STEM, social-emotional learning, and Zoophonics language-arts. We have a garden and animals as well as a large playground.
We are seeking 2 Preschool Teachers to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
Salary: Depending On Experience
St. Wilfrid's Episcopal Preschool, School and Homework Club is a licensed private Christian school in Huntington Beach, seeking a full-time fully qualified 2-year-old preschool teacher and a school-age teacher Minimum of 12 core completed units in Early Childhood Education required and General Ed. Background check, fingerprinting, current MMR, DTP, Flu Shot, current Tb and current first aid/CPR card are required.
We are looking for a fun, nurturing and creative full time preschool teacher to add to our team. Qualified teacher MUST have:
12 ECE units
At least 1 year experience working with preschool children in a classroom setting.
Curriculum / Lesson Planning
pass a fingerprint clearance through licensing
Must submit required immunizations
CPR and First Aid
We are looking for a loving/caring Preschool Teachers who love working with children! Must be energetic, passionate, organized, maintain a professional appearance, and have a positive attitude! All applicants must be able to work as early as 6:00 am and/or as late as 6:00 pm.
Job Location: 1206 Lincoln Ave, Pasadena, CA 91103
We are looking for caring and energetic Teachers to join our team! If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be part of our team =) !
OUR IDEAL TEACHER MUST:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO BE DOING:
THE GOOD STUFF:
We are looking to bring in a new Preschool Teacher with a true passion for working with children and building up young minds!
The person right for this job will have a true loving and nurturing heart for children, as well as the ability to plan and implement curriculum and extracurricular activities. The individual we are looking for will exude warmth, vibrancy, and have an aptitude for devising creative methods for learning. Our core mission and goal is to provide the best loving care, and excellence in education. In order to fulfill this mission, you must show a mastery of utilizing methods for teaching, and genuinely care about their growth and development. You must hold qualities of patience, consistency, reliability, and care at all times.
We are a Christian, gospel believing school, and teach based from biblical principles, while instilling in our children the love of Jesus.
12 Core Early Childhood Education units or their equivalents (according to child care licensing Title 22 regulations) are strongly required. (As according to licensing requirements through Community Care Licensing Division.) This section is non-negotiable as it is a state minimum requirement, and important in order to provide a standard of care according to the education. Experience working in a Preschool setting is required.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter, along with any certificates or transcripts, and letters of recommendation. CPR, First Aid, Fingerprint, Background check required upon a decision to hire.
High school or equivalent
A degree in Early Childhood Education is highly preferred.
12 units/credit hours of Early Childhood Education courses or equivalent education courses. (These requirements are non-negotiable as it is a regulation by the State of California Department of Social Services under Title 22 of the Code of Regulations)
Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
Create a fun and safe learning environment
Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
Maintain the health and safety of all students
Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
Passionate about working with children
Ability to build rapport with children
Positive and patient demeanor
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Types: Full-time
We are seeking a Preschool Teacher to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
Part-Time hours 1:00pm - 6:00pm
For any additional questions you may contact the director at (800) 515-1443
Currently hiring teachers and assistants to act as a substitute for child development centers. (Long-term and short-term!)
MUST BE ABLE TO COME TO INTERVIEW IN OUR COVINA OFFICE * (only for interview, job position will be in your area*)
HIRING FOR EAST LA, SOUTH LA, WEST LA, and SOUTH BAY AREA. Positions available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Requirement: At least 3 units of ECE/Child Development
Hours: FLEXIBLE HOURS! Part-time or Full-time! We can work with your schedule.
PREFER M-F : OPEN
Starting Pay: $14.25 - $15.50 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
EASY TO APPLY! Call us or apply with your resume!
HIRING FOR EAST LA, SOUTH LA, WEST LA, and SOUTH BAY AREA.
LA Recruiter - Jasmine Solis
We are a private, progressive and creative preschool located in Atwater Village looking for an experienced, energetic teacher to lead our aftercare school program. We encourage the following candidates to apply:
1. Teachers with classroom experience in a preschool setting
2. Teachers who are obtaining their Bachelor's or Master's in early childhood education
Role & Responsibilities
About Us | Who We Are
Our preschool is founded on the philosophy that as children discover themselves, others and the world, we can best support their growth by providing a school environment that "inspires and frees them organically" rather than one that "teaches them formally." Based on this belief, we put a great deal of care into the physical environment to make it as physically, cognitively and emotionally engaging as it is aesthetically beautiful. Another large component of our preschool is holistic nutrition - each day, we create and serve an imaginative and innovative menu of highly-nutritious 100% organic food and snacks. (primarily vegan, vegetarian or pescetarian) At our preschool, education is a journey we chart together. For education to happen organically, it must be communal and symbiotic - meaning the children and teachers at our school learn and develop the curriculum together, inspired by what is around us, as well as what is within us.
Qualifications & Skills | Required to Succeed in the Role
Experience working with children is a must for this role along with keen attention to detail. The ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently is key - you will need to be a team player as there are many instances throughout your time with the children when you may need to be flexible to accommodate the energy levels of the group. The school is an incredibly unique and aesthetically pleasing environment - this can be an incredibly fun and fulfilling role for the right person!
Opportunities for Growth | For Your Consideration
Since our preschool's inception, we have had an unbelievable amount of support and interest from the greater community. To help accommodate our growing waitlist, we have been working with the city of Los Angeles to expand our license to accommodate more children on-site and operate as a commercial preschool. Although we are committed to retaining an intimate, home-like setting regardless of our size, with the upcoming expansion there is tremendous growth potential for our teaching and specialist staff.
JOB TITLE: Preschool Lead Teacher: Montessori Method
The Early Education Lead Teacher is responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in their care, which may include toddlers and/or preschool age children. She/he develops partnerships with parents/caregivers to engage and encourage parent participation in the program. The Lead Teacher is also responsible for assuring compliance with codes and regulations of all State and local governing and contracting agencies and ensuring that the development, nurturing, cleanliness, nutritional needs and safety of children in accordance such codes and regulations are met consistently. She/he works collegially with other staff members, assistant teachers to achieve program standards based on Title V and the goals and objectives for all children and families set by the agency. A preschool teacher is a passionate, dedicated and hard working individual who understands and supports the needs of children and holds the core values, beliefs, tents and vision of the agency at heart and mind – every day. The teacher helps to set a good standard and work ethic as a conscientious child care provider in the classroom that their teacher assistants and aides can proudly follow. The Preschool Teacher will be respectful of children and parents, and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe
and well maintained. Failure to provide adequate services may place children at risk.
Preschool teachers typically do the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Preschool teachers typically do the following:
• Develops, weekly plans, and implements age appropriate curriculum (lesson plan) to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
• Daily prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
• Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
• Provide a variety of materials and an environment rich in subject and experiences, cultural diversity, opportunity for exploration and manipulation both in learning activities and imaginative play.
• Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by funding sources and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
• Daily/weekly plan, evaluate, arrange and improve the physical environment in the classroom and outdoors to create opportunities for exploration, facilitate motor-skill activities and meet the changing needs of the developing child.
• Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
• Prepare developmental progress reports as needed.
• Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child's background by incorporating the cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into the childcare program and lesson plans.
• Completes child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents.
• Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
• Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
• Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teaching staff.
• Prepare periodical parent conferences based on schedule to discuss children's developmental progress, needs and interests.
• Liaison with families to ensure smooth transition from home to child care setting and
transitions from classroom to classroom when needed.
• Assist families with children's transitions from toddler to preschool and from preschool to kindergarten.
• Maintain accurate, complete and timely client, agency records and attendance reports; Completes daily meal and attendance records.
• Maintains up-to-date emergency forms, curriculum plans, individual child development profile and other records as needed.
• Completes daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety, and overall well-being of the children.
• Completes DRDP, ECERS, Parent Survey on a timely basis with Assistant Teachers and prepare group data summaries by classroom and developmental progress reports as needed.
• Assures a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for children both indoors and outdoors.
• Assist with functioning and monitoring of nutrition and food service.
• Conducts supervision on a weekly basis with Associate Teachers and Assistant Teachers.
• Establish and reestablish procedures as necessary to enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order both inside and outside the classroom while maintaining developmental needs and safety of children and all other local/State and agency guidelines and standards for best practice.
• Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
• Clean and sterilize equipment and toys regularly.
• Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner and be knowledgeable of how to prepare the environment and meet their developmental needs.
•Prepare and serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by the Agency.
• Participate in all required school/agency staff development and in-service trainings.
• Plan, delegate and assign work accordingly to Assistant Teachers weekly.
• Have bi-monthly meetings with Assistant Teachers to address progress and developmental needs of children, curriculum/lesson plans, and preparation of the environment.
• In accordance with agency philosophy, teacher may occasionally be required to
carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
• Staff must believe in and act in accordance with the Agency's philosophy and guidelines and mission statements.
• Participate in fundraising for the school.
• Prepare annual inventory of classroom equipment, materials and supplies.
• Promote literacy, strong communication, discussion and interaction with children.
• 24 units in Child Development or Early Childhood Education including core courses in
Child/Human Growth and Development; Child, Family and Community and Program/Curriculum. 16 units min. general education to qualify for permit by CCTC.
• Child Development Permit (must keep valid and updated at all times).
• Montessori Training Diploma a plus or willingness to take formal training from an accredited institution.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Dedication and enthusiasm for working with young children in a child development setting a must.
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a lead teacher in a classroom supervising other staff.
• Leadership skills, energetic, efficient and positive attitude a plus.
• Knowledge in Desired Results, ECERS, Parent Survey, developmentally Appropriate Practices.
• Knowledge of State Preschool Program Requirements for Center-based Programs.
• Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
• Ability to use the computer to input developmental data.
• Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
• Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
• Must be able to manage confidential information.
• All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children served by our agency and other adults in the classroom environment. Therefore, each employee must at all times be mature, friendly, emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children and other teaching staff or adults in the environment. Candidates must have a team-building approach. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, ignorance, gossiping and immature behavior and/or sub standard work expectations as well as inappropriate emotional expressions is not acceptable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
• Frequently walk, uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talks or hears.
• Often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40-pound child.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
• Required to daily clean, prepare and maintain equipment, furniture, classroom, facility indoors and outdoors in order to provide a clean and safe environment for children.
• On occasion may require to work in the kitchen to prepare meals or work with infants, toddlers, preschool aged children during staff absences.
• ATTENDANCE IS AN ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THIS JOB. Our programs are on a yearly contract basis, open year-round (52 weeks).
LOCATION: Various (Azusa, Pomona, Hacienda Heights, Baldwin Park, Los Angeles and Compton areas)
REPORTS TO: Site supervisor
SALARY: $14/hr. Starting rate based on experience, skills and qualifications as described above. Letters of reference a plus.
SCHEDULE: Year-round. Full-time & Part-time opportunities.
• Paid Holidays
• Paid vacation & sick leave
• Group health plan/Dental/Vision
• Life insurance coverage
• Staff training and development opportunities
Alite Staffing is looking for a Preschool Teacher Assistant or Preschool Teacher for our Associated School in Orange County, CA
The Assistant Teacher assists in preparing the classroom materials and plans providing quality learning experiences for young children assisting in the implementation of methods that promote independence, curiosity, decision making, cooperation, persistence, creativity, and problem solving in young children.
Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children.
Experience in a Head-Start, Montesorri and Child Development setting is a PLUS.
Must have open availability and available 3 days of the week.
Enrolled in ECE or 3 Units completed required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Are you Energetic, Compassionate, Patient, and have a LOVE for teaching children? If so, we want to WORK WITH YOU!
We are looking for the following IMMEDIATE HIRE position(s):
Our Ideal Candidate Must:
Join our preschool teaching team on a Christ-centered private school campus in Newport Beach, CA offering exceptional training and development within our unique curriculum combined with our student-led, nature-based learning initiatives for the future. Preschool serves children 18 months through 6 years of age. Using a foundation of skills specific to our unique teaching system, and under general administrative supervision, teachers plan, respond to the individual needs of each child and instruct and facilitate learning in a team setting using the curriculum goals, standards, learning objectives and learning experiences that will contribute to the development of cognitive skills and academic achievement. Compensation is competitive within marketplace, based on education and experience. Upward mobility available within our growth initiative offering administrative, program development and leadership mentor/training opportnities. Role and Responsibilities · Provide a Christ-centered, warm and accepting environment for the children · Implement our teaching system daily and further observe and evolve experiences to match the needs of each child’s development · Responsible for planning, organizing and carrying out our program in both the indoor and outdoor classroom setting · Communicate effectively with parents both personally and through the classroom via a variety of verbal and written methods. · Conduct ongoing observation of children and maintain individual portfolios for each child · Participate in staff development days and regular staff meetings. Complete 21 hours of approved Professional Development per year · Maintain preschool's professional status by displaying spiritual, positive, professional behavior, understand and follow policies and procedures · Participate in activities promoting community within the school and campus throughout the year Qualifications and Requirements · Clear Live Scan and Criminal Background Check · Bachelor of Science Degree · Minimum 12 months classroom setting teaching experience · Current CPR/First Aid Certification · Record of immunizations: current TB test clearance, MMR, DTaP · Full Time & Part-Time Positions Available