We are a small business that specializes in handcrafted bath/body products. Founded in 2016, our business has grown quickly and our products are currently available in 1000+ retail locations (gift shops, hotels, spas, boutiques). We are seeking a hard-working and reliable Packaging/Production Assistant for the holiday season (now - Dec 2020), with potential to extend to a permanent role if performance meets expectations.
This role will include involvement in an assortment of tasks – making products, packaging products and/or shipping products. No prior experience required (training will be provided). Bonus if you have experience in any manual labor roles (e.g. bakeries/kitchens, production warehouses).
Our standard business days are M-F, but we also have holiday shifts available on Sat/Sun. Full-time or part-time candidates OK.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Weekdays 10AM – 6:30PM, Sat 10AM - 6:30PM
Location: Fremont, CA
Pay: Hourly DOE
Who You Are:
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
We take safety and sanitization very seriously and expect you to do the same. Adequate PPE (masks and gloves) will be provided daily. Social distancing is strongly encouraged and each team member will have their own dedicated work space, table, chair, etc. Sanitization of our warehouse will be performed daily.
Please email resumes and respond to the following questions:
1. What is your earliest start date?
2. What is your shift availability? Our operating hours are Mon-Sat from 10am - 6:30pm.
3. What is your desired hourly pay?
4. Please provide 3 professional references.
Aloha! L&L Hawaiian BBQ is hiring! We are looking for restaurant professionals to join our "ohana" (family)!
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
You are responsible to:
We are looking for someone who has:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Reports to: Kitchen Manager/ Head Chef
Department: Back of House
Job Summary: Responsible for completing and assisting in food preparation, menu execution, and performing basic kitchen responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant through the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, but are not limited to:
1. Reads and prepares menu items as ordered by Guests according to the assigned portions and quality standards of the menu.
2. Follows specific recipes and instructions to prepare menu items using basic kitchen equipment and preparatory utensils.
3. Follows proper food handling and safety requirements when preparing guests’ orders.
4. Retrieves ingredients and materials from appropriate areas by lifting and carrying to food preparation area.
5. Maintains food product and kitchen supply inventory and notifies the Kitchen Manager/ Head Chef of any shortages.
6. Examines labels and dates of incoming food shipments and properly stores in the correct locations of the restaurant.
7. Maintains proper upkeep (neat, orderly, follows “First In, First Out”) of the storage areas, refrigerators, and freezers.
8. Properly dates and labels perishable food items when receiving deliveries.
9. Places dishes, cooking equipment, and utensils in the dishwashing room.
10. Restocks kitchen supplies, dishes, glassware, utensils, and To-Go containers in the kitchen as needed.
11. Removes garbage, recycling, compost, and fryer oil as needed and dispenses in appropriate areas.
12. Constantly maintains a neat, safe, clean, and sanitary work areas at all times in compliance with State health and safety regulations.
13. Sweeps and mops the kitchen floor at the end of each day, or as needed.
14. Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
15. Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
16. Maintain regular Temperature and Sanitation Logs.
17. Follows Daily Checklists.
18. Ensures kitchen appliances and equipment have been cleaned and turned off at the end of each work day.
19. Assists as a food runner and expediter.
20. Assists in maintaining overall upkeep and cleanliness of the restaurant.
21. Attends restaurant meetings and training sessions as requested.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Basic knife skills and handling
- Asian and Wok Cooking Skills
- Literacy and Comprehension Skills
· Oral and Written Communication Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Respectfully engage with Guests
· Time Management
· Lifting up to (60) sixty pounds
· To Move with a Sense of Urgency
· Follow Health and Safety Rules/Procedures
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to squat and bend
· Team Player
· Willingness to learn
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Must have a current Food Handler’s Certificate
· Hot line experience
· Minimum of (1) one year cooking experience
For almost 50 years Gunther's Restaurant & Catering has been serving our guests in our restaurant as well as at catered events. We are looking for an experienced cook to help with breakfast, lunch, and dinner prep as well as line cooking. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years cooking experience, bilingual Spanish and English is preferred.
This is a full time position with the opportunity to earn overtime pay. No Sundays, and early Saturdays!
Please call 408.838.3485