We are seeking Full and Part Time Line Cooks.
Back Bistro is not just another restaurant! We care about our staff and are family owned and operated. Come and enjoy your job!
Are you passionate about food and want to learn? The award winning Back Bistro in Folsom is looking for full and part time line cooks to assist our fun crew. We are an independent family owned casual fine dining restaurant in Folsom's Palladio Shopping Center. This position will be responsible for preparing and maintaining excellent food quality and presentation. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, creative and have passion and knowledge for food. We have a very small kitchen and it is imperative that teamwork is achieved. Candidate must have excellent communication skills. Candidate should be self motivated and willing to learn and grow with the business. Must be fast working and have high energy as we get very busy. Looking for a detail oriented person as presentation is crucial to our menu. Personality and correct fit is the most important.
Schedule is flexible with additional tips on top of your wage!
As in most bars and restaurants, late nights are always possible and weekends and holidays may be required. Pay rate is depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
LINE COOK/PREP COOK
5 Stars Authentic Italian Restaurant
Che Buono Trattoria Pizzeria is looking for a passionate, independent, driver culinary professional back of the house team member to join our family owned brick and mortar.
Che Buono Trattoria Pizzeria is the newest business addition to Che Buono Inc, along with Che Buono Food Truck and Catering business. Che Buono also offers a product lines of sauces: Classic Marinara, Arrabbiata, Bolognese and Piccante aioli. Che Buono Trattoria Pizzeria is an Equal Employer Opportunity, new authentic Italian restaurant, led by passionate owners with a contemporary company strategy. We believe on the importance of our team members being a part of this new, fun, and professional workplace, with endless work opportunities and competitive pay.
· Part time to potentially full time
· Competitive Pay
· Opportunities for career advancement
· Free authentic homemade meal on every shift!
· 25% discount when dining as a guest
· 5 stars training on authentic Italian cuisine
· Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
· A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when
performing background checks)
· A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce
for the past 6 months or more
· A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
· Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job specifications and traits:
· Ensure the preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked
· Prepare several components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, seasoning toppings, and preparing sauces
· Report to the chef and follow instructions
· Follow recipes and presentation specifications
· Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards
· Clean prep areas and take care of leftovers
· Stock inventory and supplies
· Cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff
· Demonstrate positive attitude, initiative, and enthusiasm
· Be organized and clean throughout the shift
· Exhibit teamwork and effective communication
· Cross train and work in multiple kitchen stations, prep, dish, garnish, grill
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
· Ability to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
· Occasionally access high storage shelving with the use of step ladder
· Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Perform repetitive tasks
· Prepare food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
· Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
· Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
· High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
· Certificate in Culinary Arts or related field preferable.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
· In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Aptitude for multi-tasking.
· Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Smoke free environment
· Food handler certificate
· COVID-19 consideration - to keep our guests and staff safe we have instituted hand sanitizer, use of gloves for all BOH and FOH employees and masks are mandatory.
Welcome to Platinum Wine Lounge! A casual yet modern spot for everyone in our area to have a good time. The wine lounge is an intimate setting that seats up to 120 including our outdoor patio. With the hard work of our ownership team, we have put together a wine list that boasts selections that you won't see anywhere else except from the great wineries they come from, a great list of local craft beers on tap and food menu that will be sure to satisfy every mood and palate. We are fortunate to have such a prime location nestled between Roseville and Rocklin!
We are seeking Cook/Kitchen staff members to join our team! Please read the job description below and drop off or email a resume to express interest.
Status: Full Time
Availability: Open including Holidays
The Cook/Kitchen Staff ensures smooth operations on a daily basis. It is essential for the Cook/Kitchen Staff to embody and execute the standards set forth by the company. The Cook's responsibilities are the following and may include additional duties assigned by Management.
Job Types: Full Time
You can apply in-person at our lounge or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitchen Staff are required to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare food items
- Work with a fryer(s)
- Wash dishes
- Prepare chicken and vegetables
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment
- Maintain and oversee food quality standards
- Follow all health code requirements
- Work well with others
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour + tips
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to guest volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
All of our crew will play the role of dishwasher, cashier, server, host, cook, prep cook, etc. so be prepared to learn a lot and work hard if you join the team. Most of the jobs that we are hiring for are entry level positions. If you are interested in interviewing for a restaurant general manager or assistant restaurant manager position and have previous restaurant management experience you can contact us for more opportunities as we may have some of those positions available. Most of these management positions are filled internally but there are some exceptions.