Bites & Bashes is a rapidly expanding Los Angeles-based catering company by mother-daughter duo Julie and Crystal Coser. Crystal studied food science and food history at Harvard University while throwing events for the 8,000-student college before working at an experiential agency in Hollywood. She also is the former Associate Editor of Eater LA. Julie is a Cordon Bleu-trained chef who has been in the restaurant and catering industry for 25 years.
Bites & Bashes opened its first restaurant in Los Angeles in 2018, and has been featured in Food & Wine Magazine and Eater.
Clients include Google, Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Amazon, Uber, The Clinton Foundation, Harry Winston, Netflix, Red Bull, PlayStation, Beats by Dre, National Geographic, Anthropologie, Viacom, Nickelodeon, UCLA, Honda, Smithsonian, BCG, Bain, Porsche, BMW, Acura, Diageo, Levi’s, Uniqlo, BareMinerals, and Too Faced Cosmetics.
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Catering Cook
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Bites & Bashes is seeking a highly proactive, experienced line/prep cook that will work on both cafe and catering orders. There is an enormous potential for growth.
• Efficient, meticulous food production
• Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
• Practice workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
• Demonstrate time and work load management abilities
• Able to work flexible hours and days
• Two year culinary arts degree preferred
• Minimum of two years related experience
• Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
• Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work environment
• Must have current California State Food Managers Card prior to applying
• Competitive compensation package
• Benefits based on experience
• Exceptional meal and discount dining program
• Fun-loving company culture
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Las Cazuelas Restaurant is looking for motivated and enthusiastic line cooks to join our team.
Cook Duties and Responsibilities
• Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
• Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
• Preparing utensils and griddle for shift
• Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
• Prepare and follow establishment recipes
• Handling multiple food orders at one time
• Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
• Dressing order for presentation
• Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
• Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
• Storing all food properly
• Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
• Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
Cook Requirements and Qualifications
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
• Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
• Previous experience as a busboy, washer, waiter, cook, or relevant work experience
• Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
• Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
• Able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
• Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
Las Cazuelas Restaurant está buscando cocineros motivados y entusiastas para unirse a nuestro equipo.
Deberes y responsabilidades del cocinero
• Instalación, limpieza y organización de estaciones de trabajo.
• Preparación de ingredientes para el turno; lavar verduras, picar, condimentar carne, etc.
• Preparación del horno, utensilios y plancha para turno
• Orden de cocción de acuerdo con las normas de salud y seguridad alimentaria.
• Prepare y siga las recetas del establecimiento.
• Manejo de múltiples pedidos de comida a la vez
• Monitoreo de múltiples pedidos de alimentos a medida que llegan nuevos pedidos
• Orden de vestimenta para la presentación
• Asegurarse de que cada pedido de invitado tenga la comida y los acompañamientos correctos
• Entregar la orden de alimentos para que el personal pueda atender a tiempo
• Almacenar todos los alimentos adecuadamente
• Desinfección y limpieza de estaciones de trabajo y utensilios.
• Ayudar a otros cocineros a preparar alimentos o ayudar a otros miembros del equipo cuando sea necesario.
Requisitos y calificaciones del cocinero
• Capaz de trabajar en un entorno acelerado
• Capaz de realizar múltiples tareas, priorizar y administrar el tiempo de manera eficiente
• Resistencia física para soportar un turno completo
• Motivado y autodirigido
• Funciona bien como parte de un equipo y en tareas individuales.
• Capaz de memorizar rápidamente pedidos complejos o múltiples
• Experiencia previa como ayudante de camarero, lavadora, camarero, cocinero o experiencia laboral relevante
• Legalmente capaz de trabajar en establecimientos que sirven alcohol
• Capaz de trabajar temprano en la mañana, noche y fines de semana.
• Capaz de doblarse, moverse y levantar hasta 25 libras o más
• Físicamente capaz de pararse y moverse durante la duración del turno; capaz de doblarse y arrodillarse durante el turno; capaz de levantar hasta 25 libras o más
Looking for Part Time help Cashier, Line & Prep Cook Duties will include Dough and Pizza Prep, Pizza baking, Food Prep, Sandwich Making, Taking Phone Orders, Delivery, Keeping the store clean Must be able to take instructions - Organized/CLEAN - Ability to Multi-Task at a fast pace - FRIENDLY - Professional - Take Pride in your Work - Able to take constructive feedback PLEASE REPLY WITH AVAILABLE HOURS
WILL NEED FRIDAY-SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Please send resume and contact info.
We are seeking a Fry Cook/Prep Cook For Closing Shift to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
Closing position has a promise of more hours than most of the line cooks and usually starts at 2pm and work 4-8 hours per day 4-5 days/week. There is more responsibility and experience required to close at OMB. The ideal candidate for closing should have 6 months of closing experience in a commercial kitchen. Shift duties varies by closing standards and procedures. Closers are motivated to be done with their shift 30 minutes to one hour after closing. Closing includes restocking line for dinner rush, cooking orders as received, restocking, cleaning and sanitation. Closing Line cook must have experience operating, Maintaining and cleaning deep fryer, flat top griddle, warming appliances and cold tables. Closer must understand the importance of time management by completing closing task list by company standards. Organizing, rotation (FiFO), condensing storage containers, labeling, proper health standards for cooling hot foods, all while understanding the importance of setting up the line for the next shift.As a Line cook, you can expect to learn valuable skills in order to grow in the restaurant industry. While working on the Line at Oh My Burger you will use your experience grilling, sautéing, and frying proteins and vegetables in various ways. Our proteins are prepared in house, vegetables washed and prepared by hand, juices and milkshakes prepared from fresh fruits and ingredients. There's never a dull moment at OMB and the busy days make you feel like you're on an episode of Cutthroat kitchen.
The culture of OMB is team oriented and task driven. You will get to engage directly with the customers as our kitchen is completely open. As a line cook, all eyes are on you as you prepare beautiful burgers customized by our guests, stack ingredients that wow, all while showing off your great kitchen communication skills.
Most line cooks should have a certificate, 6 months experience in a past paced kitchen or at least 6 months of training at a cooking school. Line cooks generally move on to be Sous chefs, Kitchen leads, Grill cooks or Line supervisors. Most cook jobs start pay at $12 and can pay up to $16/hr based on value, discipline, knowledge, execution.
Responsibilities of Prep/Fry cook Include:
Executing & complete prep list daily
Perform completion of prep sheets prior to next shift
Label, store and stock all ingredients on shelves, refrigerators, freezers. Keep well organized, sanitary, clean and easily accessible
Delegate prep tasks to helpers in the kitchen
Maintain Cutting, dicing, slicing equipment in good repair. Clean and assemble parts prior to leaving for shift.
Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
Open shift- setting up dining room, patio seating, prep station, fry station, hot foods and cold sandwich table. Shift begins at 9am and is usually 4-6 hours each day 4-5 days /week. The ideal person for this job is a morning riser, energetic, task driven and has great time management. Must understand what urgency means and demonstrate that attribute well. List driven, must be punctual and dependable. Opening line cook should be familiar operating, Maintaining, and troubleshooting gas appliances such as deep fryers, flat top griddle, double boilers, electric warmers, dish washing sink and dump table.
Mid day shift- line cook will usually work a shift from 12pm, and work 4-6 hours per day 4-5 days/week. Mid day cook usually can look forward to refilling and stocking, hot or cold food prep, sanitizing station following lunch rush and assisting team members where needed. This position hours will vary by sales and available labor hours. On call, usually fill in where needed, during peak hours, call outs, catering or additional prep needs, special events, or when an employee is ill. This position best suits someone entry level or in school, not dependent on a set schedule.
At Urban Plates, Our Goal is to be a great place to work where you can grow, learn and develop both personally and professionally. If you are looking for a great opportunity in a fun & fast-paced environment come check us out!
Line Service Department – Sandwich, Salad, Carver, Grill, Bowls
Line Service positions are responsible for the preparation, production, and service of visually appealing, high quality foods for direct service to the guests. These positions will plan, prepare, season, and cook meats, vegetables, salads, sandwiches, and bread to meet guest requests.
The Prep and Pastry positions are responsible for accurately and efficiently cutting, dicing, slicing, chopping, and portioning a wide range of food products. In addition, the Prep and Pastry are responsible for accurately and efficiently preparing, portioning and cooking meats, fish, vegetables, soups, desserts/pastries, and other hot and cold food products in accordance with Urban Plates’ recipes and procedures.
1. Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. High energy with ability to work in a high-volume environment on a consistent basis.
4. The ability to consistently maintain a clean, professional and presentable appearance and demeanor.
5. Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate teamwork.
6. The ability to adhere to our Core Values and the Five Promises of a Great Team Member.
We offer competitive pay plus tips! We also offer Meal Discounts to all Team Members plus Medical, Dental, and vision coverage to our full time employees. In addition, we offer thorough training and career advancement opportunities.
the cook is responsible for preparing and/or of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is also responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
We are Seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as back of the house Prep Cook.
We are Looking professional experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment
Valid food handlers certificate
Excellent self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
Strong multitasking and organizational skills
Line Cook/Prep Cook
Top Notch Staffing is California's premier staffing agency for food service and all hospitality industries, providing our clients with connections to amazing food and professional people for temporary, part-time and full-time assignments.
Top Notch Staffing is your concierge to the best staff in California. The company began in early 2015 and has since been hired over 200 times by high profile catering companies as well as other private clients.
Top Notch Staffing is looking for professional catering and restaurant staff to fill in needs around the Greater Los Angeles/Inland Empire/Ventura and Orange County Areas. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE.
The following positions are available:
Efficient banquet servers (set-up and clean-up crew included) - training will be provided
Talented and experienced bartenders
Chefs / line cooks / prep cooks
Food truck chefs/cooks
Dishwashers and scullery
Staff with certifications will have a higher starting salary.
Top Notch Staffing services:
To learn more or to apply directly online, please visit https://topnotchstaffingca.com/employment and follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/topnotchstaffingca
Top Notch Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
We are looking for someone who can come in 5 days a week and prepare food and cook on the line. Come be a part of our fast growing restaurant team! We are a chef driven fast casual restaurant in the heart of The Melrose District. We are looking for hard workers! Come show us what you got!
Shifts needed: 5 mornings a week
We are looking for a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment. We prefer someone who has experience working in an Italian restaurant, but it is not required. We will train you. What is important is a positive attitude and strong work ethics. The position available is part-time and may develop into a full-time position. Hours available are in the evening from 2PM to closing everyday except Mondays. A food handler's certificate will be required upon hiring.
We are seeking a Cook to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
***To be considered for this position, candidates must answer all screening questions***