Are you interested in politics? Do you have a passion for community and education? Looking for an internship that can be safely completed during Shelter-in-Place?
Progressive, Oakland-based consulting firm is seeking interns for a local OUSD school board campaign. Ideal candidates can commit to working 10-15 hours per week, beginning in late-July and continuing through Election Day on November 3rd. This is an unpaid internship opportunity that will provide hands-on experience in a critical local election. Each week, interns will join training sessions that cover a variety of topics given by consultants and special guest speakers.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks throughout the campaign. The following is a list of the most frequently required tasks:
If you are interested or have any questions please send an email with a resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest social media network who enables over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and explore the world.
Policy Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
Health Benefits + PTO
Notes from the manager:
Accounting Policy and Tax Manager- Oakdale, MN
Dahl Consulting has teamed with a leading financial institution to hire an Accounting Policy and Tax Manager. The Accounting Policy and Tax Manager will be responsible for implementing a new accounting standard and maintaining accounting policies.
$110,000 - $130,000 plus bonus
· Lead implementation of new accounting standard to be effective 2023, and subsequently oversee technical accounting and documentation for allowance for credit loss processes (including internal controls over financial reporting).
· Maintain accounting policies related to loans and the allowance for credit loss, including accounting matters related to troubled debt restructurings, nonaccrual loans, and other credit matters.
· Maintain accounting policies related to mortgage banking activities, including transfers and servicing of mortgage loans, and the accounting for and valuation of mortgage servicing rights assets.
· Maintain accounting policies related to Treasury activities, including investment security accounting and impairment analyses, as well as debt related accounting matters.
· Maintain accounting policies related to derivatives and hedging activities, including evaluation of hedge options and partnering with third party capital markets advisor to ensure appropriate technical accounting treatment.
· Oversee corporate income tax function, including coordination of income tax accounting, compliance, and planning matters with third party tax advisors.
· Develop educational materials for Board Audit committee regarding current and emerging accounting and financial reporting issues, and provide reporting regarding status of new accounting standards and impacts of complex standards.
· Partner within team to ensure that accounting policy matters are appropriately applied through operational processes and controls. Develop processes to refresh accounting policies periodically.
· 7+ years of relevant Accounting experience
· Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required
· CPA preferred but not required
· Banking or financial industry experience highly preferred
· Public accounting background a plus