MAKE A DIFFERENCE ... WITH A FULFILLING CAREER ... THAT HAS IT ALL !
• fast-paced dynamic environment • public service • camaraderie with co-workers
• protecting your community •role model • exciting and challenging duties
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED :
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ethical decision making skills
- Integrity and excellent judgment
- Superior problem solving skills
- Easily adaptable/flexible
- Ability to work well with others
SALARY INFORMATION :
Annual starting salary for applicants who are not already licensed TCOLE police officers: $52,642. (Increased to $54,270 upon completing the police academy and increased to $55,898 upon one year of service.)
Annual starting salary for applicants who are already licensed TCOLE police officers with less than one year of experience: $54,270.
Annual starting salary for applicants who are already licensed TCOLE police officers with at least one year of experience: $55,898.
Extra pay for TCOLE certifications:
Intermediate = $600 per year
Advanced = $900 per year
Master = $1,200 per year
Extra pay for evening and night shifts.
AGENCY INFORMATION :
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is the mass transit agency for the Dallas metropolitan area. The DART Police Department provides police services for the transportation system throughout 13 cities in 6 counties, covering over 700 square miles. The department has over 400 positions and DART Police officers are vested with all the rights, privileges, obligations, and duties of peace officers in the state of Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Responds to calls for police service within DART jurisdiction to include, but not limited to:• Investigating crimes, accidents and incidents,• Arresting suspects and violators,• Settling disputes,• Directing traffic,• Assisting the public,• Detaining individuals,• Issuing citations, and other patrol activities
2. Interfaces with local police departments located within DART's service area.
3. Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations.
4. Conducts security surveys.
5. Develops crime prevention approaches/measures.
6. Performs special assignments.
7. Prepares a variety of reports for management review such as investigation results, activities, status reports, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
1. High school diploma, or G.E.D. plus twelve (12) hours college credit from an accredited college or university. The requirement to have 12 college hours only applies to applicants who have a G.E.D. However, applicants who have graduated from High School are not required to have any college hours.
2. Written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
3. Analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex problems.
4. Proficient using PC and software applications.
5. Valid Texas Drivers License or possess a comparable drivers license from another state of the United States. No Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last ten (10) years; not more than one (1) on driving record. No more than three (3) moving violation convictions within last 36 months.
6. Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to section, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
7. Must be able to: continuously work outdoors in all kinds of weather; drive or sit in a patrol car for prolonged periods of time while remaining alert; ride on a train or bus for prolonged periods of time while remaining alert; understand verbal communication over the radio with background noise; and read and write under low light conditions.
8. Must be able to: be physically active for prolonged periods of time; stand, walk, and run on all types of surfaces, including uneven surfaces; run after fleeing suspects, to include surmounting various physical barriers, fences, and walls; climb up and down stairs; bend and twist; reach at waist and chest levels, at times reaching behind while in a seated position; kneel and squat; jump without steps onto or from uneven surfaces; carry injured persons; lift, push, and pull up to an estimated 50lbs of force; restrain persons to prevent escape; use hands for grasping, pushing, and pulling, to include holding firearm, baton, or pepperspray can in a steady and stable, outstretched position; effectively utilize police equipment such as, but not limited to, firearms, handcuffs, batons, pepperspray cans, police radio, keys, and self-contained breathing apparatus; expose hands to vibration; and continuously carry/wear heavy police equipment and bulletproof vest.
9. Pass a physical agility test.
10. Pass physical (medical) examination which includes a drug screen.
11. Incumbents are subject to random alcohol and drug testing as a condition of continual employment.
12. Must have vision of no less than 20/40 in each eye (with any corrective lenses) for effective visual surveillance and correct identification of surrounding environment. Candidates must not have moderate or strong impairment of depth or color perception.
13. Successful completion of selection process including but not limited to physical agility test, entrance exam, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, background investigation, and criminal history check.
14. Must be able to work variable shifts, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays and weekends.
DISQUALIFICATION FACTORS :
During the screening process a criminal history, and driver’s license check will be conducted. Disqualifiers include but are not limited to the following:
1. No Felony convictions, no Class A Misdemeanor convictions, and no Class B Misdemeanor convictions in the last ten years.
2. No pending criminal investigations or actions (civilian or military) and/or be under indictment for any criminal offense at the time of application.
3. Not more than one (1) DWI conviction on your driving record.
4. No dishonorable or less than honorable military discharges.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Pension Plan (fully funded by employer at 7.7% of salary)
- 401K Retirement Plan (employer matches ½ of employee contribution)
- Full uniform provided
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Relocation reimbursement
An online application must be submitted to be considered for employment; a resume alone will not be considered. You may apply online at https://www.dart.org/webapps/hrportal.
STEPS IN THE HIRING PROCESS :
- Online application
- Physical ability test
- Written test
- Interview Board
- Polygraph Exam
- Background Investigation
- Interview with Chief of Police
- Medical exam & drug test
- Psychological evaluation
For additional information about our minimum qualifications or hiring process, please visit our website at www.DART.org/DARTPolice and go to the Employment Opportunities page.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V
Police Officers will perform the vital public services of preserving the peace, protecting life and property, preventing crime, apprehending criminals, and enforcing the laws and ordinances of the District of Columbia and the United States. No previous law enforcement experience is required to be considered for employment for entry level positions. However, applicants must meet the minimum requirements.
Minimum Requirements at time of application:
Requirement(s) for Entry-Level Police Officer :
Requirement(s) for Experienced Police Officer:
Police Officer candidates must successfully pass a written examination, a physical ability test, and a thorough background investigation that includes a medical examination, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination.
The Belton MO Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer with the City of Belton, MO. Qualified individuals must be 21 years of age, have a current Missouri POST class A or B certification, have a high school diploma or GED equivalent, have 60 hours or college, be a valid U.S. citizen, and possess a valid driver’s license. Prior military service may be considered as a substitute for applicants who do not have 60 hours of college. Those applicants who have some college but fall short of the 60 hours are still encouraged to apply.
Screening and processing criteria requires the applicant successfully pass a written examination, oral interview, psychological and/or personality inventory, extensive background, CVSA, and physical examination/drug screen.
The City of Belton, MO provides a competitive benefits package which includes health, life, vision, cafeteria plan, and dental insurance for the employee and their families. The city also offers an attractive pension plan, along with a 457K government investment plan.
The City of Belton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information about the position, the department, or any salary and benefit information will be provided at the request of any interested parties.
Reply to this listing to receive a complete information package containing the job application and other required documents. Online resumes do not complete the application process. All required documents must be received by the police department prior to any testing.
Completed applications may be mailed or hand delivered to the following address with attention to
Lt. Dan Davis:
Belton MO Police Department
7001 E 163rdSt.
Belton, MO 64012
Interested parties may also scan and email their application packet; however contact should first be made with Lt. Davis.
*For additional questions, interested parties should contact Lt. Dan Davis at (816) 348-4497, or by email
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,515.00 /year
Full time – This position includes enforcing local, state and federal laws, providing community outreach and support, crime prevention, preservation of peace and the protection of life and property. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, 21 years old (some exceptions), possess a valid PA Driver’s License, and be mentally and physically fit.
Applications can only be filed at www.yorkpolicejobs.org
– Application deadline for current testing is 1/3/2020 at 5 pm.
MPD will offer a hiring bonus of $5,000 for up to forty (40) lateral law enforcement officer hires before September 30, 2020. This bonus will be paid in two equal installments at the time of hire and time of graduation from lateral training.
Make the switch to MPD today!
Lateral law enforcement officers complete an abbreviated (approximately 11 week) police academy training program, based upon their prior law enforcement training to ensure they meet all MPD standards.
Lateral law enforcement officers receive the following primary benefits by joining MPD:
After 18 months of service with MPD, lateral officers will receive an additional 4.2% increase of their current pay.
Police Officers hired under the Lateral Law Enforcement Officer program must meet all MPD suitability and selection standards to include:
Providence Police Department
The Providence Police Department, united with all citizens, is committed to improving the quality of life in our city by aggressively resolving problems, preserving the peace, protecting human rights, and apprehending criminals consistent with the law.
The Providence Police Department offers a rewarding and challenging career. There are many opportunities for promotion and assignment to specialized units which include:
Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Community Relations Bureau
Intelligence and Organized Crime Bureau
School Resource Officer
Special Victims Unit
Special Response Unit
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply
Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license upon filing an application
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
An applicant cannot be on probation for a criminal offense or have been convicted at any time of a felony offense
Applicant must be of good moral character and the highest of personal integrity
An applicant’s background and character are carefully investigated before hiring
Any conviction of a crime of domestic violence, including a nolo contendere plea resulting in probation will result in immediate disqualification from consideration
Any misdemeanor drug-related convictions will be carefully scrutinized
If an applicant has a military background, the applicant must have received a discharge under honorable conditions
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated in the following phases:
Physical Fitness Assesment
Written examination (high school level)
Background investigation (including all information releases)
Medical evaluation (including drug screening)
Physical fitness pre-test prior to entry into the Police Training Academy
City Code of Ordinances §17-29 - Examinations
The Commissioner of Public Safety shall add ten (10) points to the score of a resident-candidate of the City of Providence who has passed the examination for police and fire candidates for entrance into the police or fire departments. Residency shall be determined at the time the application is filed.
Salary and Benefits
Recruit: Base pay during Police Training Academy $10.50/hr.
Police Officer - 3rd Grade: $1,075/wk; $55,882
Police Officer - 2nd Grade; $1,099/wk; $57,163 (after 18 months)
Police Officer - 1st Grade; $1,168/wk; $60,768 (after 30 months)
12 paid holidays
15 sick days per year
Paid vacation days
$500 clothing allowance
Specialized assignment compensation
“Semper Vigilans” - “Always Vigilant”
The Providence Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Amarillo VA Health Care System is hiring for the following positions:
Please submit your application packet with the title of the job(s) you are applying for in the "Subject Box" to VAJOBFAIR@VA.GOV.Resumes submitted without the Job Title you are applying for in the “Subject Box” will not be accepted.
Cut off for accepting resumes will be Friday, December 6th.
If you are found eligible, a Human Resources Specialist will be contacting you for an interview time. Interviews and selections MAY be done on site for Preference Eligible Veterans, and those with non-competitive hiring status.
For questions or additional information please contact one of the following at (806) 355-9703
HR Front Desk (ext. 7330)
POLICE OFFICERS FOR CIVIL SERVICE TESTING
Patterson Township Civil Service Commission is currently accepting applications for the creation of an eligibility list for the hiring of part-time police officers.
The application, qualifications, instructions, and other components may be obtained at the Patterson Township Secretary’s Office, 1600 19th Avenue. Hours are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Deadline for filing applications will be Friday,December 13, 2019 by 4 p.m.
The fee will be waived for all applicants.
We are seeking a Security Officer to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and clients.
Apply online: www.mssecuritypolice.com or call our office for details. 228-762-0661
First Choice Protective Services LLC, (1st Choice) has immediate job openings for Armed Special Police Officers in Washington, DC. We will be conducting on the spot interviews for a variety of available positions.
To be eligible for employment, each applicant must meet the following requirements:
· Must have Current & Active DC Armed Special Police Officer Commission
· Must be a Self-Motivator with Good Work Ethics
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision
· Must be able to work flexible schedules (Nights, Weekends and Holidays)
· Verifiable Military or Police Experience is a plus
· Over time paid after forty hours worked.
· Must have a valid High School Diploma or GED
· Must have good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures
· Must have the ability to conduct extended foot patrols
· Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs
· Ability to prepare and Maintain accurate records and reports
· Ability to respond to emergency situations as per operating procedures
· Ability to hear & see in low light situations
· Ability to lift 20 pounds (specific site requirements may vary)
· Capable of working outside in extreme weather conditions
· Capable of comprehending site-specific policies and standard operating procedures and the ability to implement such as needed.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work required.
*SPO Armed Pay rate $16.00
D.C. SPO license, and other current certifications (CPR/First Aid, Baton, Handcuff, and OC Spray).
Performs professional law enforcement work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Assists the public in the prevention and reporting of criminal activity, documentation of evidence, traffic enforcement and traffic accidents. Accountable to and works under the direction of the Police Chief.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATIONS:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
Must be able to work all shifts. Able to work for long periods of time both inside and outside.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION EXEMPTION STATUS:
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Full Time Security Police Officer I
Hiring for a January 2020 class
* Protect personnel and property in a professional manner.
* Must be able to wear protective body armor as a part of the duty uniform.
* Maintain training requirements for the Department of Energy (DOE) Security Police Officer I in accordance with company guidance.
* Control access to DOE facilities and conduct vehicle inspections.
* Participate in tactical operations.
* Understand and comply with all requirements defined within company documents to include: Post and General Orders, plans, policies, procedures.
* Observe and report all offenses/incidents.
* Provide first aid, CPR, and assist during emergencies as necessary.
* Maintain physical fitness, agility requirements, and weapons qualifications standards of a Security Police Officer I.
* Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices.
* Support safety programs including Integrated Safety Management, and Behavioral Safety Program.
* Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
* Participate in emergency response activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Current state drivers' license.
* Pass and maintain training, medical, and physical fitness standards for a DOE SPO I.
* Must successfully complete the Basic Security Police Officer Training course.
* Potential Candidates must be able to pass a Physical Abilities Test which includes running 1/2 Mile in 4:40 or less and a 40-yard prone to running dash in 8.5 seconds or less.
* Must speak, read and write in English
* Must possess a strong ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
* Must have the flexibility to work any shift as needed.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a Secret level.
* Military or law enforcement experience preferred.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Minimum travel required.
Duties require lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting, standing and running. Pass and maintain training, medical, and physical fitness standards for a Department Of Energy SPO I.
Must successfully complete the Basic Security Police Officer Training course.
Potential Candidates must be able to pass a Physical Abilities Test which includes running 1/2 Mile in 4:40 or less and a 40-yard prone to running dash in 8.5 seconds or less.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
The City of DeKalb, IL is accepting applications for Entry Level & Certified Police Officers to establish eligibility lists.
The DeKalb Police Department consists of 65 sworn officers and 31 civilian personnel. The Department consists of two Bureaus: Operations and Support, and four divisions: Patrol, Investigations, Support Services and Communications. The Department is staffed with a Chief of Police, Deputy Chief, three Commanders, and 11 Sergeants and responded to 55,847 calls for service in 2018. The City of DeKalb is located 60 miles west of Chicago and 30 miles southeast of Rockford. We are the home of the second largest university in the State of Illinois – Northern Illinois University.
Please visit www.cityofdekalb.com/254/Employment to view the full recruitment brochures, hiring requirements, application instructions, and testing deadline(entry).
We are currently seeking off duty or retired police officers corrections officers for details transporting and monitoring detained prisoners.
We offer weekly pay.
you must have a minimum of 3 years experience to qualify
The Overland Park Police Department, a nationally accredited agency, is accepting applications for Police Officers.
Responsibilities: Provides law enforcement and public safety services to the community to include enforcement of criminal statutes and ordinances, traffic enforcement, crime prevention, patrol activity, accident investigation, resolution of domestic and other disturbances, prosecution support and non-criminal public safety services.
Requirements: Must be a United States citizen. Must have a high school diploma or furnish evidence of successful completion of an examination indicating an equivalent achievement (e.g. a General Education Development test). Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application, and 21 years of age by date of hire.
Must not have committed, been convicted of, had a conviction expunged for or been placed on diversion by any state or federal agency for a felony crime. Must possess a valid driver's license prior to beginning employment with the city. Must reside within 90 minutes from Overland Park Police Department Stations.
Must obtain certification as a Law Enforcement Officer issued through the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission prior to receiving permanent employment status as outlined in the City employee handbook.
No City residency requirement.
Thorough polygraph examination and background investigation, in addition to post-offer steps. Must successfully pass the psychological evaluation, drug screen, and physical.
Applicant testing is scheduled on an ongoing basis. Once the completed application has been received, the Police Department's Personnel Unit will forward an information packet via electronic or U.S. mail.
For additional information, please click on Public Safety Qualifications and click on Police Officer.
Normal Work Schedule: 24-hour shift work, 8-10 hour work days, rotating days off, weekends, holidays, overtime
Salary Range: $3,716/mo., with lateral pay consideration for certified Police Officers.
Signing Bonus: $3500 will be paid in increments based on successful completion of the Police Academy, Field Training and Evaluation Program, and satisfactory performance.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
We are seeking a Security Officer to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons. Second and third shift openings. Part-time and full time positions available.
The Las Vegas Paiute Tribe is looking for a few good men or women to act as Police Officers for our reservation. Located downtown Las Vegas, our Police Department is fully equipped and functioning unit that includes a dispatch center, patrol vehicles, investigation team, and a Chief of Police.
All candidates MUST have the following:
Be POST certified as a Category 1 police officer from an accredited academy which has reciprocity with Nevada POST
Complete a written application
Pass interview with oral board
Participate in a medical examination (with a drug screen)
Pass NV POST physical agility test for Category 1 police officer
Have and maintain physical agility - Must pass Nevada Post Physical Fitness Test
Pass a polygraph examination
Pass a psychological examination
Clear a background investigation
Posses a current valid NV driver's license (upon date of hire) and have an acceptable driving record.
Retired Police Officers encouraged to apply. Must have retired in good standing with a recognized police department within the past 5 years. We can consider full or part time schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
Must have the ability to learn Tribal, State and Federal laws, statutes, ordinances and court decisions related to police activities. Learn policies and procedures relating to the Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Police Department and auxiliary resources available, and resources related to police activities. Learn policies and procedures relating to the Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Police Department/FLETC and field-training program including officer safety and security policies and procedures. Learn to operate a Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Police Department vehicle safely in normal and emergency situations. Learn criminal investigation principles, practices and techniques. Learn weaponry and associated safety practices. Learn 400 codes; commit to memory; use code while operating the radio. Learn to apply proper force to be used in a variety of situations; defend and protect self in physical confrontations. Learn to evaluate situations and determine appropriate action to be taken; to anticipate situations and problems and plan effective strategy; to recognize safety hazards and situations and problems and plan effective strategy; to recognize safety hazards and exercise caution in all actions. Learn to operate various equipment including radios, computer, word processing and other equipment used in police activities. Communicate with a variety of people in various situations; using persuasion, tact, self-restraint common sense, judgment and strategy. Give and follow verbal and written instructions. Read and interpret complex documents, collect, organize and analyze a variety of information and apply results to police activities. Organize and prioritize work. Observe, assimilate and recall facts and details. Administer basic first aid. Testify with proper courtroom demeanor. Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Maintain confidentiality.
Las Vegas Paiute Law Enforcement
Six Paiute Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Prince Security Services DC is seeking reliable and dependable individuals who are committed to excellence, honesty, teamwork and integrity to join our team. We are a trusted provider of protective security services within the Washington, DC area.
This position is for assignments at various locations in the Washington, D.C. area. Candidates must be reliable and dependable and available to work any shift, weekends and holidays. Seniors and retirees are welcome to apply. A vehicle is preferred but not required. Candidates must be professional, mature and able to provide strong communication skills and a willingness to help others. If you are interested in joining our team, please understand our qualifications and apply today.
Special Police Officer / Washington, D.C.
Full time and part time positions are available. Must be a dependable and reliable team member. Must be available to work shifts including weekends and/or holidays. Prior security, military, or law enforcement experience is preferred but not required. Veterans and retirees are welcome!
Job Responsibilities / Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner, must have excellent customer service skills, must be dependable and reliable, conducting security patrols, access control, operating CCTV cameras, report writing and enforcing local laws. Knowledge of company policy and the demonstration of strong interpersonal skills. Other security related duties are required.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
Some qualifications are required in order to obtain a special police officer commission which is needed for work. Prince Security Services is committed to a drug-free workplace. As such, we may conduct pre-employment, reasonable cause, random and contract-mandated drug testing in accordance with federal and state law.
Maintains safety and security at the facility.
Must have valid drivers license, complete background investigation, physical and drug screen.
Please apply online at www.mssecuritypolice.com or call 228-762-0661 for details.
The Hopkinton Police department is currently accepting resumes for the position of full time Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age and older, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, have a valid driver’s license, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Applicants will be required to pass a written exam, physical agility test, and oral board interviews as well as successfully complete an extensive background investigation including a polygraph and psychological examination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Chief Stephen Pecora, Hopkinton Police Department, P.O. Box 499, Hopkinton, NH 03229
FMCC Has Immediate Openings for Part-Time Certified Police/Peace Officers!
Are you looking for a great way to earn supplemental income and an opportunity to work with highly trained officers in a professional, higher-education environment? Fulton Montgomery County Community College offers part time officers:
· $22/hour starting rate
· Free FMCC College Tuition Benefits for Employee & Dependents
· Continued Pension Service Credit with the NYS Employer Retirement System
· State-of-the-art police equipment and resources
· A highly supportive, community-policing program
Officers will perform all law enforcement functions in support of our College, commuter and residential students, staff, visitors, and community. Candidates must hold current NYS Police, Deputy Sheriff, or SUNY Community College Peace Officer status (Zone 5 Academy). Further qualifications such as successful background check and other requirements will be described at interviews. Interested candidates should send resume and letter
Fulton-Montgomery Community College, a College of the State University of New York, is a comprehensive institution, serving over 2,400 students in credit programs, including students from over 20 countries on five continents and Metropolitan New York City. The campus is situated in rural upstate New York, in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, approximately 40 miles from Albany, 3 hours from New York City, 3½ hours from Boston, and 4 hours from Montreal. Fulton-Montgomery Community College is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity.
CAMPUS POLICE OFFICER
MULTIPLE CAMPUSES - FAYETTEVILLE, GA
High school diploma or GED and Georgia P.O.S.T. certification is required.
Two (2) years’ experience in law enforcement.
The Campus Police Officer performs a full-range of assigned law enforcement duties to maintain security
and order on a technical college campus.
Guards and monitors buildings. Answers alarms and investigates disturbances;
Investigates criminal complaints and vehicle and other accidents;
Coordinates with State Patrol and adjacent law enforcement jurisdictions;
Apprehends criminal suspects and turns over to local jurisdiction for booking or incarceration;
Inspects assigned area for fire or environmental hazards;
Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard
against and maintain security of premises;
Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and
Responds to fires, natural disasters or other hazardous events;
Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehends or evicts violators from premises, using
force if necessary;
Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities;
Coordinates disaster response or crisis management activities such as opening shelters, special needs
programs and evacuation;
Inspects equipment and facilities to determine their operational and functional capabilities
Collaborates with others to prepare and analyze damage assessments following emergencies;
Escorts or drives motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal
Directs traffic during special events; Provides security for events;
Maintains Peace Officer Standards Training certification.
Written and oral communication skills
Decision making and problem solving skills
Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work weekends, day, evening and morning shifts
Ability to differentiate between colors
Ability to complete reports according to established guidelines
Ability to patrol assigned areas
Ability to identify signs of unlawful entry
Knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local laws, regulations
This is a part-time position without insurance benefits; work hours will not exceed 29 per week. Hourly
rate is commensurate with education and work experience.
Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment questionnaire, criminal history, psychological screening, drug testing, physical examination, fingerprint investigation, and motor vehicle screening. Professional references will also be required. Only those applicants scheduled for interviews will be notified of the status of the position.
Please apply directly to the Southern Crescent Technical College website: https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_SouthernCrescent/JobListings/JobListings.aspx