Are you tired of the daily grind? Do you spend your time at work staring out the window and wishing you could be somewhere else? Then this is just the job for you! Blue Dog is a professional dog walking company and we’re looking for dog lovers to join our team. If you’re ready to work hard, provide outstanding customer service, and make some new furry friends, we’d love to hear from you!
Muttville Senior Dog Rescue is an active non-profit organization based in San Francisco. We operate a cage-free shelter, along with a robust foster program. We save over 1,100 dogs a year. We are a team-oriented organization with a positive attitude when it comes to helping animals and working with our community.
In this leadership role the Shelter Manager oversees as well as participates in the care of the dogs, upkeep of the facility, and related volunteer utilization and retention. This includes managing a staff of Mutt Assistants and volunteers, working in collaboration with team members to ensure the facility is maintained, and interacting with the public.
We believe in the power of positivity and are looking to welcome someone to the team who loves life, loves people as much as dogs, and enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun-loving environment. Candidates must possess strong leadership, organizational, and customer service skills, with a solid history of taking initiative to problem solve and prioritize. The preferred applicant has a flexible demeanor and schedule, is skilled working with dogs of varying temperaments, is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, and is highly committed to keeping our facility clean and organized.
Staff Management & Communication
• Consistently display great teamwork and take the time to make positive relationships a priority so together, we will achieve our lifesaving goals. Come to work with the commitment of giving 110% and expect others on the team to do the same
• Provide positive problem-solving support, training, and direction for the Mutt Assistant staff so they effectively and efficiently fulfill their job duties, communicate and cooperate as a team, and prioritize assignments
• Provide coaching for the Mutt Assistant staff to help them build relationships with volunteers, and expand and enhance volunteer involvement, appreciation, and retention
• Work in cooperation with the Volunteer and Foster Care Manager to continue to enhance volunteer programs, recognition, and retention
• Provide leadership and on-going feedback and evaluation for staff
• Conduct and participate in regular staff meetings to review goals and procedures, discuss workplace issues, share ideas, and celebrate successes
• Develop and improve on operational procedures and efficiencies
• Coordinate the daily assignments and staffing needs of the Mutt Assistants to ensure efficiency and that schedules and expectations are met
• Prepare Mutt Assistant staffing schedules in accordance with the budget, and manage employees’ timecards and time off requests
• Practice and model discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs
• Keep the COO informed about staff and shelter issues, accomplishments, and projects
• Perform the Mutt Assistant dog care/facility care duties on an as-needed basis. This may include a few regular shifts a week to ensure you maintain a good handle on the job and related challenges, needs, and opportunities
• Practice and encourage the humane treatment of dogs, using only positive reinforcement methods of training
• Inspect shelter property for needed cleaning, repairs, and maintenance daily and assist with and commit to keeping our facility organized, clean, and visitor-ready
• Work in collaboration with the Mutt Assistants, Facilities Guru, and volunteers to ensure the safety, sanitization, organization, and upkeep of our animal areas, workspaces, public areas, and storage areas
• Alert the Facilities Guru about facility maintenance and repair projects
• Make sure our spaces are free from debris, donations, deliveries, and obstacles
• Oversee inventories and purchasing of shelter and dog care supplies and equipment, maintaining appropriate quantities
• Address safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
• Other duties as assigned
Customer Service & Adoptions
• Demonstrate and promote a welcoming and supportive environment and proactively engage with adopters, volunteers, donors, and visitors to ensure they feel the Muttville Magic and have positive experiences
• Always address client situations courteously, patiently, and professionally
• Assist as-needed with matchmaking and adoptions efforts
• Assist with the set-up, break-down, and success of adoption/special events as-needed
• Answer the door when no Mutt Assistant is on duty
• Practice discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs.
• Remain calm and reserve judgement in difficult situations
• Attend to difficult clients or client situations, and facilitate dog returns on an as-needed basis
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills
• Team player, able to work in a busy and demanding work environment, embrace and foster change, problem solve, and regularly demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude
• Proven skill and ability to effectively inspire, motivate, read, and lead people
• Strong ability to delegate tasks and roles to volunteers, and oversee their work to assure achievement
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with ability to multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated to save as many dogs as possible with the ability to problem solve around and cope with limited resources and time
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused skills
• Highly driven, communicative, polite, and with a professional manner
• Ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
• General knowledge of dog behavior and care, and ability and skill to successfully work with various kinds of dogs in a safe and responsible manner. Commitment to positive reinforcement handling and training methods
• Comfortable and willing to accommodate multiple dogs in work and office spaces
• Solid computer skills and database experience
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Work is performed at Muttville headquarters, which includes areas where dogs live and are cared for, office spaces, stairs, and outdoor locations
• Regular exposure to free-roaming office and headquarters dogs
• Subject to dog bites and scratches while handling dogs of questionable temperament
• Exposure to disinfectant solutions
• Physical stamina required with ability to regularly bend, reach, kneel, sit on the floor, crouch, stay on your feet, walk or bathe dogs, and occasionally climb a ladder or lift up to 50 pounds
• Some work at computer station
• Valid California driver’s license
• Highly flexible schedule with ability and willingness to fill shifts on an as-needed basis
• Available to work weekends, and evenings and holidays as-needed or as required
• Experience working with animals (particularly in a shelter environment) preferred
• Management experience highly preferred
• Previous customer service experience required
• Previous experience as a volunteer preferred
• Previous project management experience preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• The starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications
• This is a regular, full-time, exempt position and the benefits package includes medical insurance and vacation, holiday, and sick pay
• Send your cover letter and resume
Job Type: Full-time
About Canine Comprehensive:
About the position:
Horseback Riding Instructor Part-time school year Sienna Ranch connects youth to nature through compelling outdoor experiences in order to foster a compassionate and environmentally aware future. We provide farm education and immersive nature programming to youth PreK-8th grade. Our program offerings also include woodshop, natural building, archery, horseback riding, gardening, science, pottery, survival skills, homesteading skills, naturalist skills and much more. Sienna Ranch is situated on a 21-acre family-owned ranch in Lafayette, CA.
Part Time Riding Instructors work as part of a collaborative, supportive and professional team to offer riding lessons, horsemanship classes and seasonal camps to students and campers at Sienna Ranch. Sienna Ranch uses a Pony Club-influenced approach to balanced seat and safety, and deeply values a Natural Horsemanship approach to forming connections between students and horses, horse training and horse care.SCHEDULE SUMMARY Non-exempt. Permanent. Part-time. Year-round. School Year Schedule (approx Sept-May): 12-16 hours per week, Monday, Thursday, Friday schedule with option to add hours on weekends. Optional Summer Schedule (approx June-August): Monday-Friday, 25-40 hours per week (w/ one optional week off)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Email cover letter, resume, contacts for THREE professional references to Alison at email@example.com. Please also briefly answer the application questions below. We are looking to hire on a short timeline and will accept and review applications until the position is filled.Please reflect on and respond to the following questions:
Sienna Ranch is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other groups traditionally underrepresented in outdoor education. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-timeSalary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Family Dog Rescue is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit dog rescue/shelter in San Francisco. In 2018, we saved over 1,000 dogs and found them loving homes. We are proud and honored to have saved over 6,000 dogs since our founding in 2010.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to be the face of Family Dog Rescue while supervising volunteers at our shelter. This exciting role requires an out-going, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is as passionate about people as they are about our dogs! You’ll spend your day at the shelter where you’ll be interacting with dogs and managing volunteers. A portion of the admin work can be done remotely.
Responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include, but are not limited to: coordinating internal and external logistics prior to corporate groups, volunteer management, leading Volunteer Orientation twice a week, sending out a weekly newsletter.
The successful individual in this role will provide a high level of customer service, enjoys working with animals and people, and will enthusiastically promote Family Dog Rescue’s mission.
You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be quick-thinking and fast-acting as the days can get hectic and you will likely experience many interruptions.
One weekend day is required: Saturday.