Philly Temps & Perm is seeking a Full Time Parish Administrative Assistant for our client, a church organization located in Northeast Philadelphia, 19135. Under the supervision of the Rector, the Parish Administrator Assistant provides general office support to the parish, staff, congregation and committees, in order to support the ministries and mission of the church.
Church Office Hours will be 40 hours/week; the position is for 5 days/week; 9 am – 5 pm (Slightly flexible if needed).
This work includes, but is not limited to: data and records management, phone and email support, bookkeeping, supplies and inventory management, communications work, managing use of church space by parish and outside groups, assist with properties management, supporting church ministries and committees and collaborating with volunteers.
The Parish Administrator Assistant will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office.
This is a temporary to permanent position.
Essential Duties Information Management
- Maintain a functional system of communication with the parish.
- Maintain parish records, including financial, membership, diocesan, physical plant, and other operational data, keeping them up-to-date and accurate.
- Produce reports, directories, and other documents from parish records under the direction of the Rector, vestry, and committee leadership, on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the parish calendar to facilitate building use by internal and authorized external groups.
- 5Produce and distribute weekly e-news and monthly parish newsletter by email and regular mail.
- Assist with preparing and distributing marketing materials, as directed.
- Assist with managing the church’s online presence (website and Facebook pages, online advertising, etc.).
- Ensure that outdoor sign is updated regularly to reflect current events and activities.
- Provide a welcoming and helpful presence in the parish office.
- Respond to requests for information and resources via email, telephone, and in-person visits.
- Provide administrative support to vestry or other committees, including: preparing meeting documents or posting minutes; making document copies, sending out mailings, etc.
- Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized.
- Coordinate with vendors as delegated by Rector, Wardens and Building & Grounds Committee.
- Communicate regularly with Rector, parish custodial staff and wardens about facilities-related needs, including set-up and clean-up for special events.
- Produce rosters, correspondence, and other documents.
- Sort incoming mail, and send parish mailing and other outgoing mail.
- Maintain and manage parish calendar.
- Assist with preparing and proofing worship materials and bulletins for Sunday morning and other services.
- Provide assistance with tracking the liturgical calendar and planning for church events, as needed.
- Assist in recruiting, coordinating and scheduling volunteers as needed, under direction of the Rector or committee leadership.
- Organize workflow and maintain a tidy and usable office environment so as to enable effective use of volunteers.
- Assist in coordination of special events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing and grammar skills, including proofreading.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, and prioritization.
- Ability to effectively manage workload.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
- Knowledge of office etiquette and effective communications skills. Basic knowledge of invoice and purchase order transactions.
- Knowledge of supply procurement, including the ability to research vendor prices and negotiate costs.
- Welcoming disposition, willingness to accept and serve all who come
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to this posting.
Philly Temps & Perm is in the business of identifying, evaluating, and recruiting Philadelphia's strongest and most experienced office support and event staff. We are a progressive, women-owned, full-service staffing firm located on Walnut Street in the heart of Center City. Specializing in administrative and clerical staffing, we assist the area's finest companies in a variety of industries including financial, insurance, legal, non-profit, marketing, medical, publishing, construction, architecture, meeting planning and banking. The best companies in Philadelphia depend on us to supply them with top temporary, temp to perm, and permanent employees. We are the leading registration-staffing provider for the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Philly Temps & Perm
1518 Walnut Street, Suite 208
Philadelphia, PA 19102