Position: Senior Corporate Paralegal
Location: San Francisco or Palo Alto
Company: International Law Firm
Comp Package for Senior Corporate Paralegal: Base salary to $115K, Paid Overtime, Full Benefits, Bonus, 401K+, etc.
Responsibilities for Senior Corporate Paralegal:
Qualifications for Senior Corporate Paralegal:
We are a fast-growing and dynamic Intellectual Property law firm specializing in the prosecution of patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We are seeking a full-time remote Trademark Paralegal to help with our daily workflow. We are looking for an energetic, self-starter with a niche for technology and with at least +5 years of related experience.
This remote trademark paralegal candidate will be responsible for assisting with all facets of the trademark prosecution process. Should possess 5+ years of trademark experience and must have assisted a supervising attorney with at least 200 trademark applications, can work autonomously, and has the ability and demonstrated track record in supporting attorneys with preparing and obtaining appropriate filing details (reviewing specimen and specimen description, confirming date of first use, verifying applicant information); supporting trademark searches in U.S. and international databases; preparing and assisting in the prosecution of trademark applications (reviewing Office Actions and handling formalities); communicating with the PTO and foreign associates; and maintaining clients' portfolios; in addition to proficiency with use of the PTO's online filing systems, including TEAS, the Assignment Branch and the TTAB (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board). Should have a BA/BS degree and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details. Must have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
This position allows the flexibility to work remotely 100% however we are currently only able to hire from residents of the following States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Ohio, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, and Utah. Salary is up to $50,000/yearly plus vacation and health benefits. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm (Pacific Time).
Salary is reflective of the duties and knowledge required for this position. Unfortunately the salary will not be adjusted if you are overqualified for the position. If the salary range is not acceptable for you, please do not apply.
Kindly submit a resume in PDF format. Please do not call our office about this position. If there is mutual interest, we will be sure to be in touch via email. Thank you for your time!
We are a small law firm in the financial district looking for a paralegal who has construction litigation experience and can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Trial experience a plus. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, a willingness to be hands-on, self-motivated, organized, detailed, familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Trial Director. Experience with Concordance, Relativity or other document review software is strongly preferred. This is a full-time temp to permanent position.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer with great benefits and competitive salary.
Senior Copyright Paralegal (Remote to start, part-time option)
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Organization: U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $125,000; Generous paid overtime and bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking an experienced Copyright Paralegal to support a busy California practice. Candidate must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Well-paid overtime can be anticipated.
Maintain communication with clients regarding status of copyright registration, recordation and designated agents
Manage copyright docket deadlines; ensure appropriate and timely filing
Process incoming and outgoing copyright files
Prepare and file copyright registrations
Proofread certificates of registration and recordation
Prepare recordation cover sheets or electronic filings for documents to be recorded at USPTO or Copyright Office
Conduct copyright searches through Public Records Catalog
Utilize U.S. Copyright Office (USCO) sites for updated forms, fact sheets, filing procedure and policy changes; order records from USCO
Process USCO filings through eCo, DMCA and registrations
Draft responses to applications; maintain e-files
Coordinate transfer or change in copyright ownership documents
Deep knowledge of key stakeholders in US Copyright Office and filing procedure contacts
Knowledge of internal Copyright Group policies and procedures
Assist associates (local and foreign) in reviewing data materials for documentation regarding registered trademarks, patents, copyrights and domain names
6+ years Paralegal experience in Copyright Law required
Bachelor’s Degree or ABA qualified paralegal certificate preferred
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft Word & Excel proficiency is required
Excellent analytical skills
Strong knowledge of registering work with the Copyright Office
Understand copyright laws and registration in the US and internationally
Financial District Law Firm (small firm) seeks an experienced and energetic Paralegal to join the firm. Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Civil Litigation Paralegal.
Duties will include calendaring, formatting documents, speaking with clients, setting court hearings and coordinating deposition schedules, etc. You will also be drafting Discovery documents and responding to same. You must have experience in e-filing in both State and Federal courts.
We offer an excellent benefit package and competitive salary, DOE.
For information about this position and the law firm, please submit your Resume with your salary range and a brief cover letter.
Premier law firm seeks a Sr Copyright Paralegal.
Salary is based on experience.
Please submit your resume in MSW format.
Great opportunity for an administrative assistant/paralegal at the Law Offices of Michael E. Pitts, a well-established law firm located in Redwood City, CA.
Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including billing and bill payment.
Prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from software and written drafts and forms.
Open and maintain client files and information databases.
Handle interface with vendors and manage office supplies.
Meet and communicate with clients and client advisors and assist with trust funding.
Handle court and county recorder filings.
2-4 years of experience in all aspects of office administration and document production.
Proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Outlook calendaring, and familiarity with Quickbooks.
Outten & Golden LLP is accepting applications for a Litigation Paralegal/Case Administrator in our San Francisco office.
Job Duties & Requirements
We are seeking a Litigation Paralegal with at least 3+ years of experience with litigation and trial experience to join the litigation team of our client, a well-known reputable firm in San Francisco. You will provide overall support to attorneys' business needs and requires the ability to multi-task as you will be managing a heavy caseload.
JOB DUTIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
Please submit your resume in WORD format for immediate and confidential consideration. If you have the requisite qualifications listed above, we will reach out to you directly! Thank you!
Law firm in Oakland seeks a litigation paralegal.
· Must have a bachelor's degree; paralegal certificate is a plus
· 2 + years of litigation experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to integrate into a fast paced team-oriented environment
· Prepare summary of deposition transcripts
· Assemble chronologies of pertinent facts and key documents, including medical records
· Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, analyze medical records, trial preparation
· Contact outside sources (government agencies, etc.) to obtain public information and review and analyze the same
· Search and retrieve information from court-related databases as well as other online sources of case information
· Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
· Assist in document productions
· Draft subpoenas, notices of deposition and pattern discovery requests
· Conduct investigative research on opposing parties and expert witnesses
· Manage documents and organize case files
The Office of the General Counsel in San Francisco, seeks a paralegal with a solid litigation background to assist in-house counsel with complex legal matters, including the review and analysis of court records, financial statements and legal case file management. This position works closely with attorneys as well as the other administrative positions in the office, providing legal assistance to the office as a whole. You will also assist with informal/formal discovery, prepare witnesses for trial testimony, perform legal research, review deposition transcripts, track cases, calendar response and hearing dates, and may attend trial proceedings.
Familiarity with basic legal research, court records and docketing, as well as legal documents and pleadings is required. Must have excellent analytical and proof-reading skills, good judgment and an ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be very organized, reliable, accurate and proactive.
The Office of General Counsel is in-house counsel to the State Bar providing a full range of services, including representation of the Bar in all state and federal courts and before administrative agencies; advocacy of Bar discipline and admission cases in the California Supreme Court; and, providing legal advice to the State Bar Board of Trustees, and all State Bar entities, executives and programmatic clients.
OGC provides legal advice and representation in the following areas: admissions and discipline, antitrust, Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, bankruptcy, California Public Records Act, collections, contracts, copyright, governance, labor and employment , legislation, regulations and rules, real estate, regulatory work, and general corporate matters.
The minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience in a field that develops the skills required for the functions and responsibilities of the position.
• Two (2) years’ experience as a paralegal.
• Certification of completion of an approved paralegal program.
• Mandatory continuing legal education: completion of four hours of legal ethics classes every three years and four hours of general law classes every two years.
The State Bar of California offers a unique compensation package including competitive salary, paid health care, paid time off, CalPERS Retirement, 457 saving plan, transit subsidy, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
San Francisco office of international law firm is seeking a corporate paralegal to join their corporate department. Qualified candidates MUST have a paralegal certificate and a degree, as well as 2+ years of corporate experience including: maintenance, minute books and filing with the Secretary of State. Candidate must also have experience handling corporate real estate and real estate finance matters. Experience with title/survey and easements is a definite plus. Proof of compliance with California law required. Great benefits. Salary is open. Qualified candidates please apply by attaching a resume in MS Word.
Our client has launched a search for a Family Law Paralegal who will join their team and help maintain the standard of excellence for which they are known.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
* 3+ years experience in family law litigation, with extensive experience in discovery.
* Paralegal certification.
* Family law litigation experience, including discovery and trial preparation.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
* Supporting attorneys with family law caseload under the supervision of the attorneys.
* Communicating with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, court staff, and other third parties in person, by phone and in writing.
* Scheduling calls and meetings with attorneys and clients and/or third parties.
* Exercising good judgment in the performance of all tasks as directed by attorneys in the best interest of our clients.
* Facilitating communication between attorneys and opposing counsel to resolve substantive and procedural issues.
* Preparing and filing legal pleadings and other documents pertaining to each case.
* Assisting with the implementation of an efficient and effective discovery strategy, including interrogatories, requests for production, depositions, and subpoenas.
* Preparing documents for hearings and trial.
* Assisting attorneys with trial preparation, including organization of evidence, preparation of exhibits, scheduling and preparation of witnesses, as needed.
We have an opening for a Senior Copyright Paralegal who will be responsible for preparing and filing copyright registrations and conducting copyright searches through the Copyright Office's online Public Records Catalog.
• Navigate the U.S. Copyright Office (“USCO”) website and find links to forms, fact sheets and Circulars.
• Understanding of USCO filing procedures through eCO, the DMCA Designated Agent online registration system, and certain hard copy registrations and recordation.
• Prepare responses to the Copyright Office examiners’ inquiries regarding applications and other submitted requests and understanding of who to contact for specific issues.
• Understanding of various internal Copyright Group questionnaires, memoranda and procedures.
• Understanding of the Copyright Group procedures for the administration and maintenance of its electronic files.
• Evaluate information provided by clients and prepare follow-up communications regarding copyright registrations, recordation and DMCA Designated Agent.
• Understanding of docketed deadlines, the meanings and significance.
• Proof Certificates of Registration and Certificates of Recordation and ability to seek correction, if necessary.
• Prepare documents pertaining to the transfer or change in copyright ownership for recording with the Copyright Office.
• Understanding of procedures and requirements for ordering copies of records from the Copyright Office.
• Review inbound and outbound copyright files and knowledge of Copyright Group policies for processing.
• General assistance to Copyright Group attorneys and paralegals.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to analyze issues related to copyright registrations and propose remedies.
• Experience in preparing and filing copyright registrations that involve unusual, complex issues.
• Experience in reviewing and preparing responses to the Copyright Office examiners’ inquiries regarding applications and other submitted requests for unusual and complex issues.
• Complete understanding of procedures to register every type of work registrable with the Copyright Office.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct copyright searches through the Copyright Office’s online Public Records Catalog, analyze results and prepare search reports.
• Knowledge of procedures for copyright registration in other countries and ability to assist local counsel with material and information.
• Strong understanding of the Copyright Act, pertinent sections of 37 C.F.R., the Compendium of U.S. Copyright Office Practices and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
• Excellent client service ethic, communication and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have 6 years of copyright paralegal experience. A bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited program is required.