Oakland-based general litigation law firm seeking an associate with 0-2 years of experience.
Wong, Chang & Yang, LLP is a boutique law firm and have provided legal representation to SF Bay Area communities (mainly the Chinese-American community) for over 40 years in a wide range of practice areas ranging from personal injury, civil disputes, family law, landlord-tenant, estate planning, criminal defense and commercial disputes.
Our ideal candidate would have excellent research and writing skills, effective oral advocacy skills, and an aptitude for litigation. Prior experience is not required and fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese preferred. Candidates MUST be authorized to work in the United States and licensed to practice in California.
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter, resume, transcript and one short (5-page max) writing sample.
POSITION: Paraprofessional, Specialized – 2019-20 Floating Assignment
Assignments to be determined, as needed. Work locations include Hall Middle School, Neil Cummins Elementary School, The Cove School (K-5).
Position may include temporary substitute assignments in Classified positions outside of the Para, Sp. classification, including; Campus Support, Secretary, Health Liaison, Library Clerk.
Schedule is 6 to 6.5 hours per day, all student days, 2019-20 school calendar.
SALARY: Steps 1-6 ($21.10 per hour or more) on the Paraprofessional, Specialized column of the Classified Salary Schedule, to be determined, based on experience.
Position includes retirement benefits and a benefit cap towards medical & dental.
Vision is offered.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, assist the special education and general education teacher with the implementation of instructional plans and behavior support for individual students, perform necessary services required for the physical, social-emotional, and academic growth and well-being of the special education student, and assist the teacher by performing routine non-instructional duties. Duties include gathering instructional and behavioral data as trained. Duties may also include lifting up to 50 lbs., attending to personal needs of student(s) including toileting, and/or working with a variety of learning and/or physical disabilities. Assignment location subject to change at district discretion.
QUALIFICATIONS: 48 units of college, or A.A. degree or higher preferred. Experience working with special education population and with children in an educational setting preferred. Demonstrate patience, warmth and flexibility. Candidate should possess the ability to carry out duties, responsibilities, and assignments independently while maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with students and adults. Candidates must meet lifting requirements.
APPLICATION: External candidates: apply via EDJOIN only at:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 16, 2020 at 5 p.m., and then open until filled
START DATE: ASAP
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Larkspur-Corte Madera School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age in any of its policies, procedures, or practices, in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.10 to $26.90 /hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Large firm in SF seeks a litigation paralegal with defense-side experience.
· Must have a bachelor's degree; paralegal certificate is a plus
· 2 + years of litigation experience
· Asbestos, product liability experience is a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to integrate into a fast paced team-oriented environment
· Prepare summary of deposition transcripts
· Assemble chronologies of pertinent facts and key documents, including medical records
· Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, analyze medical records, trial preparation
· Contact outside sources (government agencies, etc.) to obtain public information and review and analyze the same
· Search and retrieve information from court-related databases as well as other online sources of case information
· Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
· Assist in document productions
· Draft subpoenas, notices of deposition and pattern discovery requests
· Conduct investigative research on opposing parties and expert witnesses
· Manage documents and organize case files
Whitemore James Black is presently assisting a prestigious mid-sized law firm on their search for a temporary corporate paralegal. This role is available immediately and will be based out of the firm's San Francisco office. Some remote work is available.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of prior corporate experience. Candidates should have a bachelor's degree or a completed paralegal certificate. The corporate paralegal will assist with corporate governance, venture financing, and mergers & acquisitions. Prior experience with various state rules for incorporation and dissolution is helpful for this role.
The firm is very well respected in the community and is viewed a great environment in which to work. Though this role is presently, there may be a possibility for this to go longer-term.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in response to this posting. We look forward to hearing from you.
Position: Contracts Manager/ Paralegal
Location: San Bruno, CA
Projected Duration: 6 Months (possible extension up to 24 months)
Pay Range: $37.00 - $43.00/ HR W2
· Manage end to end execution of contracts from initiation, contract drafting to signature and closure
· Support the Contract Lead by defining/updating existing operations and executing process, communicating status updates, and escalating issues/risks.
· Own and maintain the central contract database, update to enable latest data is available to stakeholders via dashboards
· Develop and maintain contract related documentation including playbook, templates, training material etc.
· Create and document workflow including business requirement document, workflow overview and training documents
· Analyze data to gather insights to enable business decisions
Mandatory Skills/ Education
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
· 4 years of relevant experience working with commercial/time and material contracts in a non-attorney role or 4 years of experience in project or program management.
· Ability to interpret legal documents (especially vendor outsourcing/time and material contracts), draft statements of work/ amendments based on templates customized to business requirements and work with attorneys to complete agreements and launch initiatives Data analytics skills - analyse data to gather insights enable enable business decisions, maintain dashboards and run basic scripts
· Advanced in Excel/Google Sheets
· Contracts manager or paralegal experience in an in-house legal department or law firm
· Ability to work comfortably and be conversational across different business functions (e.g., business, legal, finance, compliance) and lines of business
· Demonstrated experience in successfully performing in high stakes, high pressure environments
· A successful track record of managing complex cross-functional projects; setting goals and getting things done effectively and efficiently
· Effective communication skills
One of our federal clients is looking for outstanding paralegals to join their office with a focus on criminal prosecution and litigation. This would be a long-term contract role that should last at least 1 year with an option for 1 additional year!
This role is actively interviewing candidates and will start as soon as possible!
Outten & Golden LLP is accepting applications for a Litigation Paralegal/Case Administrator in our San Francisco office.
Job Duties & Requirements
The candidate will work closely with clients and estate planning partner. Responsibilities will include all phases of trust and estate administration, to include the following: marshalling, organizing and analyzing asset information; preparation of inventories, asset transfer documents, and Judicial Council forms; researching and drafting grant deeds, trust transfer deeds, and supporting documents; drafting fiduciary reports/accountings, Heggstad petitions, etc.; and assisting with Estate and Gift Tax return preparation. Familiarity with local court rules and procedures is essential. Should be proficient with MS Word and Excel, Office. Experience in trust, estate or probate administration required.
San Francisco office of international law firm is seeking a corporate paralegal to join their corporate department. Qualified candidates MUST have a paralegal certificate and a degree, as well as 2+ years of corporate experience including: maintenance, minute books and filing with the Secretary of State. Candidate must also have experience handling corporate real estate and real estate finance matters. Experience with title/survey and easements is a definite plus. Proof of compliance with California law required. Great benefits. Salary is open. Qualified candidates please apply by attaching a resume in MS Word.
Are you a Senior Corporate Paralegal seeking a New Gig? If so then read on!
Our dynamic firm is seeking a new team player to add to our existing team. Our office has grown every year since its inception so if you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow and help others, consider joining!
As a Senior corporate paralegal, preferably with five+ years of relevant law firm experience, you will be organizing and preparing a variety of documents relating to corporations, LLCs and partnerships, including corporate minutes and authorization resolutions, entity formation and legal changes to an entity’s status, such as conversions, mergers and dissolutions.
The candidate should also have experience with blue sky research and filings as well as with transfers of real estate as contributions to and distributions from legal entities. The candidate must be detail-oriented with strong writing skills and able to work independently while supporting a number of the firm’s attorneys.
This is a full time position. We offer health insurance and retirement benefits. Excellent pay that is negotiable.
So if you’re a Senior Corporate Paralegal seeking a New Gig please send your resume today!
Position: Paralegal II
Location: San Francisco, CA
Projected Duration: 6 Months (possible extension up to a total of 24 months)
Pay Range: $40.00 - $45.00/ HR W2 + Enhanced Benefits Package to include (8) Paid Days Sick Time, (8) Paid Holidays, 401K, Health Insurance, Paternity Leave, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
Legal Specialists are an invaluable part of our legal team. They work alongside in-house Counsel, outside Counsel, and Discovery team members to defend/represent the comapny in various legal actions including litigation, regulatory investigation, and third-party subpoenas. They also lead or partner with various stakeholders on projects to improve operational efficiency.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
1. Fact finding and identifying relevant witnesses, information and documentation to support litigation and regulatory matters from small to medium complexity.
2. Working with witnesses, product/business teams, or other partners to collect relevant documents and/or data for analysis, review, production.
3. Managing administrative functions for various cases and projects.
· Mandatory- BA/BS degree
· 4 years paralegal/legal assistant experience at a med/large law firm and/or med/large in-house legal department
· Experience with complex litigation and/or regulatory investigations related to the Internet and/or high technology areas of business
· Experience with complex electronic discovery
· Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects concurrently under deadline pressure
· Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters
· Hard working and well organized
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a commitment to professionalism and collegiality, highly team-oriented
· 5 years paralegal/legal assistant experience at a med/large law firm and/or med/large in-house legal department focused on technology and/or the internet
· Excellent analytical skills with a strong ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters
· Experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
· Ability and willingness to take initiative, address problems and make continuous process improvements