Reporting and Business Development Responsibilities
The Development Manager will develop new business in the flexible packaging and pouch markets with a focus on the pet food segment and/or on the spouted pouch and retort segment. The candidate will also manage client accounts, implement customer strategies, and work with various members of the plant organization to maximize profitability and contribution margin to the business.
Additional Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work aggressively to secure new business and product opportunities.
- Develop and strengthen client accounts in the flexible packaging and pouch markets, ensuring customer satisfaction and service.
- Achieve and maintain specific sales goals to include volumes, pricing, and revenues within the assigned market area.
- Make presentations to clients and markets on UFLEX Packaging Organization, products, and technical capability, service, and market trends.
- Support and manage new and existing client base through inventory control, handling of inquiries, complaints, and other miscellaneous day-to-day business support functions.
- Identify and secure new business consistent with business strategy.
- Lead proactive development of bid pricing and contract negotiation pricing/terms.
- Serve as a product and application knowledge expert for assigned market segment and provide general process and quality knowledge to internal and external sources.
- Provide information and conduct presentations on customers and market activities to UFLEX Packaging Management Teams.
- Coordinate R&D, Quality, and Manufacturing process support as appropriate at assigned accounts.
- Must also achieve goals without close supervision, be pro-active and self-driven willing to take ownership.
- Accurately forecast monthly volume and contribution, track weekly/monthly sales data.
- Serve as “Face of the Company" for all sales and account issues.
- With Business Development being such an important piece of this role, the ideal candidate will be a "Hunter" who has a great track record of campaigning/winning new business.
- Collaborates with other departments in the company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with technical or business background
- MBA a plus
- Strong sales and negotiation skills with the ability to aggressively promote products
- 3-7 years’ experience in the film and pouch business or related business preferred
- Knowledge of film and pouch products, markets, and competing films
- Ability to work with a variety of functional groups at all levels of the organization
- Up to 70% Travel Required
- Excellent communication skills to include interpersonal, presentation, and written.
- Computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- Must be able to pass a background, physical, and drug screen.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- May have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests.
- May find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- May have to enter the manufacturing environment and wear designated PPE as required.
- May have exposure to loud noises and moving machinery while in the manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to travel 60%-70% of the time.