Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the day to day operations of the HR Department at Homebridge, a team of four. Responsibilities will include handling HR functions and operations consistent with Homebridge Collective Bargaining Agreement(s), Employee Handbook(s), policies, and applicable local, state, and federal law. Duties will include but are not limited to: supporting leave administration, management of HRIS system, on-boarding/off-boarding, employee and labor relations, coordinating and facilitating training and development, workplace culture initiatives, and assisting with policy development and implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in the development of systems, processes, policies, procedures and best practices to improve upon the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department
- Provides leadership and coaching to HR department staff to ensure the highest level of strength-based communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction.
- Oversees and conducts investigations when employee performance concerns are raised, providing a positive resolution and mitigating risk.
- Employs the “Coach Approach” in working with all coworkers, especially Home Care Providers.
- Reviews and approves terminations of staff below the management level.
- Fully understands the Collective Bargaining Agreement(s) and Employee Handbooks, and all applicable local, state and federal employment law
- Trains Managers and Supervisors to fully understand CA law relevant to their role and responsibilities and Homebridge’s progressive discipline procedures
- Communicates and coordinates with the union and third party entities; handles all Step 1 grievances.
- Responsible for reviewing background checks and clearing new hires during training
- Oversees open enrollment with collaboration from the HR Benefits Specialist and other HR department staff
- Administers performance feedback and review system, including supervisor training.
- Is the HR team expert on ADP processes
- Ensures that HR Operations Manual is up to date and maintained.
- Maintains HCP and Admin Staff Employee Handbooks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five years of progressive HR experience, including at least two years at the management level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent six years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Understand benefit administration, COBRA, 403b, etc.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Commitment to developing and implementing best practices in HR
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills with strong employee relations skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and, at times, competing priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet and ethical manner
- Track record of positively implementing change with evidence of results
- Team player and willingness to share as well as learn
- Strong execution and follow-through
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to assist the organization through internal and external driven change
- Bilingual- Spanish/Cantonese, preferred
- PHR or SHRM CP certification preferred
This position is primarily sedentary, working at a computer in a remote location, in modular office space, or an individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider hiring qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment. Candidates from diverse socioeconomic, education, language, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Tentative Start Date: 08/17/2020Classification: FT, ExemptScheduled: M-F; 8 am - 5 pmSalary: $86,895+ DOE