About Devil Mountain Nursery
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery provides landscape professionals with access to more plant varieties than any other wholesale nursery in Norther California. We pride ourselves in having a knowledgeable sales staff, quality plants, and extensive delivery capacity throughout the region.
We operate four nurseries in Northern California: San Ramon, Petaluma, Morgan Hill and Clements, where our growing ground is located. Our buyers also travel to quality growers throughout the country – from small specialty growers to the largest in the nation – in search of the exceptional plants for our professional customers. Visit us online at devilmountainnursery.com.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be part of our brokering team. You will be responsible for selecting and purchasing plant material for our rapidly growing wholesale nursey. Your responsibilities will include filling special orders for our sales team, processing purchase orders, negotiating with vendors, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with the sales department, receiving, and dispatch at all locations.
• Research and source special order material for Sales Team
• Daily Vendor Purchase Orders issued, verify receipt of items, and resolve shipment errors or damages with Vendors
• Process paperwork promptly for payment
• Analyzing Order Points & Order Quantities monthly, to prevent stock outs, over stock, or dead inventory
• Effectively negotiate with vendors for optimum pricing without compromising quality
• Manage relationships with key vendors
• Update and maintain accurate vendor information
• Liaison between departments and vendors
• Contact vendors to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
Skills & Knowledge
• Positive attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Constant attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of plants
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Used to working in various aspects of Inventory Control, Logistics, Purchasing and Forecasting. Candidate should possess good communication skills (verbal & written)
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and Outlook), POS, inventory management software, etc.
• 2+ years of experience in plant procurement or minimum 3-5 years of experience in the landscape, nursery fields or relevant industry
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery Wholesale Nursery Buyer 9.8.20 W:\Handouts & Forms
Commensurate with industry standards. Benefits include
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• HMO and PPO Health Plans
• Dental and Vision Plans
• Vacation Plans
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
24 to 40 hours a week.
Ideal candidates will work Wednesday to Sunday 10:30am to 6:30pm
Want to spend your days surrounded by plants, collaborating with other creative plant-obsessed people? Want to develop your skills, expertise, and vision in a beautiful garden environment?
Right now we’re looking for a Sales Runner to support our sales team in providing outstanding customer service. This position will require strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a cheerful state of mind. As a Sales Runner, you’ll spend your day in a beautiful, bright, open-air garden setting. You’ll oversee the store entrance, warmly welcoming our customers and keeping them informed about safe shopping practices. You’ll support the sales team by ringing up sales, securing sold materials, marking them as needed and organizing them into holding areas.
In addition, the Sales Runner will assist with customer pickups and deliveries, package materials for safe travel and help to load material into vehicles.
The position will require routine heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
The Sales Runner will also be responsible for cleaning and organizing areas of the store when needed to ensure the quality of our displays, our plants and our products.
The sales team at Flora Grubb Gardens is at the center of our customer experience. Our wonderful customers are the most important part of our business, and it will be your job to ensure that all your interactions with customers express how important they are to us. We’ll count on you to be the champion of the processes we’ve developed, and to help us constantly improve them.
You don’t need to know a lot about plants when you start this job, but you will certainly learn about them here! Surrounded by plants and plant experts in our nursery, you’ll learn something new every day. Through training, conversation with knowledgeable coworkers, and lots of hands-on experience, you will consistently improve your skills in plant ID and plant care. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our staff members.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Garden Store Worker
Ideal schedule 7am to 11am, 6 days per week
Hourly wage based on experience
Want to spend your days surrounded by plants, collaborating with other creative, plant-obsessed people? Want to develop your skills, expertise, and vision in a beautiful garden environment?
Is this your dream job? Water plants in our beautiful nursery!
Right now we’re looking for a knowledgeable gardener to be responsible for watering all of the beautiful plants in our store. They will perform the watering on a daily basis, before our store opens at 11am.
Ideal candidates will have a horticulture knowledge base and a passion to learn about the extensive variety of plants we sell. When it comes to observing the needs of plants, they will have a strong attention to detail. The person in this role will also be a productive communicator who takes feedback and relays timely information to staffers who will assist with the watering.