Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Company: Root is developing fully automated, in-field, DNA-based sensors for detection of airborne pathogens. The technology provides the missing pathogen-presence corner of the disease triangle and enables farmers to spray pesticides only when necessary.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to
· Develop and optimize assays for detection and quantification of important airborne agricultural pathogens
· Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes, and formats through own expertise and experience
· Be responsible for the management of target projects
· Communicate and interact with interdisciplinary project teams
· Participate in meetings
· Perform other related responsibilities as necessary
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mycology, microbiology, virology or other natural science with laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques like PCR
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic startup
· Creative and flexible thinking, open-minded, and willing to challenge the status quo
· Ability to build excellent working relationships and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to think outside the box to adopt and adapt relevant emerging technologies
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in mycology, microbiology, virology, or agriculture
· Experience with qPCR and ELISA
· Experience downloading genomes and designing primers
Country: United States
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows transition to teaching careers within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, credentialing guidance, EnCorps cohort and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you are committing to providing access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
The EnCorps team will provide guidance as you begin the process to become a teacher and the broad network of fellows provides first hand experience from people who, like you, transitioned into a teaching career.
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Fall application deadline: Sept 11, 2020. Apply today at:
See EnCorps through the eyes of a fellow:
Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Detroit area company to locate an Angular web developer with Node.js experience for a contract-to-hire position.
Lead members of the software development team on project work and personally develop major components and code modules to create software applications across multiple device platform.
Reengineer multiple systems that fuel improvements to productivity, efficiency, uptime and accuracy for business operations. Develop code and system design for solutions and coordinated production rollouts.
Lead, architect and develop application builds
Develop large-scale, portable, thread-safe and ultra-high performance mobile web-sites.
Serve as a team lead and core group member in defining and prioritizing the development technology we use.
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelors (4-year) degree is preferred
Minimum three years experience
Experienced managing multiple projects at the same time while communicating project status
Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities
Experience with Angular, Node, Ionic or Cordova, PHP, MVC frameworks, Rest services, HTML5, jQuery, Git/SVN, SQL, XML, JSON, and Service Oriented Architecture
Be able to develop in multi-language, multi-solution environments, create and manipulate data through web services and to create web based applications.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Samantha Clements at Interactive Business Systems (sclements@Ibs.com)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
We are seeking a strong Angular 2+, Node JS developer to join our team our best in class Software Engineering team.
The following represent the full skill set we are seeking:
Please note - Developrise DOES NOT SPONSOR EMPLOYMENT VISAS. Candidates must be authorized for work in the U.S.
To apply, please submit your resume for our review.
Senior Node.jst Developer
VehicleHistory.com provides critical automotive information & history reports at no cost to our users. With millions of visitors every month and a rapidly growing presence within our industry, VehicleHistory.com is positioned to become one of the leading sources for automotive research. We deliver crash test ratings, recall information, and accident records to ensure our customers have everything they need to make a smart car buying decision.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to assist in planning, building, and maintaining challenging backend features while showing competency in basic frontend tasks. The ideal candidate must be highly skilled in Object Oriented PHP and has worked with Node.js.
Senior Node.js Developer Responsibilities
· Collaborate in an agile development environment to code features & hotfixes
· Work with team to plan out new features and backend architecture.
· An understanding of PHP related tools such as PHPStorm, Composer, etc.
· Research internet concepts, new technologies and industry trends.
· Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services.
· Develop databases that can process millions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
Skills and Qualifications
· 5 years programming experience required
· Worked with LAMP, MEAN, or LIMP
· Experience with frameworks such as Symfony
· Proficient with the command line in *nix environments
· Practices TDD/BDD to create automated tests with PHPUnit & Behat
· A positive mindset with a team based mentality
· Knowledge of best practices, cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile environments
· Familiar with subversion/source control, specifically Git
· Experience with high volume systems
· Building maintainable code with security and scaling in mind
· Proficient in debugging frontend and backend bugs • Basic understanding of Docker & AWS is preferred
· Experience with Google AdSense or GPT is a huge plus
· Experience with Terraform & Jenkins is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
· The hustle of a fast growing company with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
· Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
· Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments and gym reimbursement
· Continued education and conferences to stay current with the latest technologies
· Modern, uplifting, and fun work environment in an ideal location off 215 & Town Center
· Relocation package available for the qualifying candidate
Job Type: Full-time