COMPENSATION $20/hr + $1.50/hr bilingual premium if applicable + Full Benefits
PROGRAM Hamilton Transitional Housing-Hayes | 1631 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO Children’s Services Coordinator
WORK SCHEDULE Mondays through Fridays 11:00 am to 7:30 pm
STATUS Full-Time Temporary (3 to 4 months tentatively)
UNION REPRESENTATION YES – OPEIU, Local 29; initial fee + monthly dues
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across four sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
Hamilton Families Transitional Housing in the North of Panhandle neighborhood houses and supports 20 families at high risk for chronic homelessness for up to 18 months. Families receive intensive social services to identify and address factors contributing to their homelessness to enable them to return to stable, independent housing and economic self-sufficiency. The program provides case management, employment readiness activities, job retention support, intensive housing search
support and substance abuse recovery support.
The Children's Services Associate is responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a wide variety of activities for children ranging in age from infancy to teens.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise children’s activities including playtime, snacks, tutoring, arts and crafts and field trips.
• Set up and clean up after children’s program activities, and maintain high safety and cleanliness standards in program.
• Work with Coordinator to develop and facilitate children’s and volunteer events and activities.
• Assist the Coordinator in outreach to potential new volunteers.
• Assist the Coordinator in contacting volunteers and maintaining communication with volunteers regarding Volunteer Program needs.
• Consistently evaluate children’s program activities and provide feedback to the Coordinator.
• Observe children’s program volunteers and assist the Coordinator in evaluating their performance.
• Maintain communication with families regarding opportunities for children within the program and within the community.
• Model and facilitate appropriate behavior for participants and staff, respond to participant requests in a professional and courteous manner, and observe and adhere to participant confidentiality standards.
• Respond appropriately to emergencies, including contacting appropriate staff and supervisor(s), interacting with police, fire and medical personnel as needed.
• Actively participate in staff development and staff training as required.
• Participate in coordinating and overseeing the afterschool program, including providing transportation, leading activities and homework help, and supporting children academically, socially and emotionally.
• Participate in weekly case review and other meetings.
• Assist in coordinating partnerships and on site programming.
• Capture participants data on salesforce.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a concentration in education, child development, social services, or a related field.
• 12 core semester units in early childhood education / development or must meet alternate California Community Care Licensing requirements for School Age Teachers. More info available here: www.ccld.ca.gov.
• Prior experience with children and/or families in an afterschool, classroom or preschool setting preferred.
• 6 months experience in any of the following:
o Licensed childcare
o Teacher assistance in Elementary/Middle school
o Paid or volunteer work in school guidance or counseling programs
o Paid or volunteer work in Physical Ed or youth development
o Paid or volunteer work experience in human services
• TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and fingerprint imaging (Criminal Background Clearance and Child Abuse Index Clearance) required post offer.
• Driving License & DMV Report required
• Sensitivity to the needs of homeless families; able and willing to work with diverse staff and clients.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
• CPR and First Aid certification required within first 6 months of hire.
• Essential job functions include using a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal; ability to follow reasonable ergonomic accommodations; sit and stand for long intervals; reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds depending on position; and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24-Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. A role with the Stability team is great for an individual who is interested in exploring community based nonprofit work, social work, or mental health disciplines. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!
● Click the blue "APPLY" button above or below.
● Please attach your resume and a brief letter of interest.
● No faxes or phone calls.
● Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of each child in our infant toddler classrooms.
This candidate will meet regularly with co-teachers and aides to develop weekly plans and activities based on the principles of developmentally appropriate practices.
Maintaining records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and evaluation, including daily record keeping of information for families.
Providing day-to-day supervision and support to teacher assistants and aides which includes sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
Setting up and maintaining a well organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
Developing a positive relationship with each child and their family.
Candidate will be required to keep abreast of current knowledge in the ever-changing field of early childhood education, and attend all staff meetings and in-service provided by the center.
We are seeking experienced Assistants with a positive attitude, strong work ethic who love to work with children. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe, organized, and cleanly classroom
Hiring for a full time Montessori Guide to work with children ages 2.5 - 5. Prefer experience working in a Montessori/Early Childhood setting. Must be able to work in a team setting and have a desire to work for us long term. We are hoping to fill this position by July.
Please email us your resume or call us with questions about the position.
Little Explorers Preschool & Childcare, in Incline Village is now hiring for both full and part-time and positions.
We are looking for a team player who is loving, caring, fun, energetic, creative, responsible and dependable. Teachers must be able to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment as well as an age appropriate learning environment. If you love teaching and playing with children then come see us or send resume. Applicants must be able to meet the required qualifications including obtaining a Washoe County Sheriff's Card and a negative TB test upon hire.
Only serious and dedicated applicants please. Salary is competitive and based upon prior experience and education. Contact us for more details.
Looking for a fun, exciting, rewarding career with room for growth?
Appleseed Montessori School is looking to hire an experienced teacher to work in our Infant Classroom. Duties will include supervision
*Care of infants ranging in age from 6 weeks - 16 months
*Maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment
*Working in a team setting with other teachers, assistants, and aides
*Communicating with families about infants daily activities
This is a full time position, 40 hours a week. Pay is very competitive.
Must be Teacher qualified in compliance with MN DHS Rule 3.
Looking for a fun job where you get to share your love of young children and your passion for education? A teacher's aide is an entry level position with room to grow.
Duties include assisting a lead teacher in the care of infants, toddlers or preschoolers, building relationships with families and their young children, seeing that the basic needs of children are met (feeding, diapering, etc.), maintaining a clean and organized classroom, and working in a team setting among other teachers and assistants.
Pay is competitive! Preference is for an aide with 1+ year child care experience but we are open to training the right individual if new to the field. Montessori Training is not required. Must be able to pass a background check.
No education is required for the Aide position. With education and experience you can qualify for an Assistant Teacher or Teacher. Please contact us with any questions!
Hours will be full time. We are open Monday- Friday from 630 AM - 600 PM.