Energetic Inventory and customer service assistant needed by an elite antique Oriental carpet gallery near the Oakland/Berkeley line.
Wage: $20.00 total ($19.50 up front plus 50c/hour bonus for every hour worked after one year). Health coverage provided. 401k after 6 months.
Long-term, full-time position 5 days a week in long-established, highly successful gallery. Monday-Friday 9:30-6 plus some overtime and Saturday shifts.
Duties include vacuuming rugs inventory control (keeping detailed inventory lists), maintaining store presentation, assisting with shipping and installation, assisting the sales team to show antique Oriental art carpets to clients in the gallery (opening and rolling carpets, keeping the showrooms neat).
- Valid Driver's License is a must and high school or GED required. Reliability, good social skills needed. Background in inventory control and/or customer service helpful. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Perfect for a reliable individual who loves doing a variety of physical and organizational activities, working around beautiful antique Oriental carpets and serving an elite clientele.
- Room for advancement.
- Must enjoy working as a team member in an energetic, fast-paced environment doing physical work and some heavier lifting (perfect for an attentive individual who's athletic).
- Reliability, good social skills and background in physically demanding work and/or customer service needed.
- We practice stringent covid precautions (face masks at all times, frequent sanitizing of surfaces, temperature checks, limit of one client at a time in the gallery.)