Seeking an organized dental assistant with experience.
Must be kind, patient, and friendly.
Duties will include assisting chair-side, sterilizing, and setting up for patient appointments.
Candidate must be willing to learn and carry out administrative duties.
Must be adept in taking in clinically diagnostic radiographs.
Job Type: Full Time
MUSEUM SHOP ASSISTANT
Hours: Part time – 20 hours/week – must be able to work primarily on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 5pm and Wednesdays from 4pm to 8pm.
Hourly Rate: $10
Reports to: Museum Store Manager
This position may be for you if you enjoy working with the public, are 18 years or older with 1 to 3 years of experience working in retail preferred.
The Mattress Factory, a contemporary art museum on the North Side of Pittsburgh founded in 1977. We feature site-specific installations created by artists in residence from around the world.
To be successful in this position, YOU MUST:
Be punctual, dependable, friendly, energetic and have excellent communication skills. You must also be flexible as additional hours may be scheduled during the work week as needed.
You are responsible to perform all shop retail duties while ensuring our shop visitors are welcomed with friendly service that they will remember. You are expected to maintain high standards of service, conduct and professionalism.
YOU WILL ALSO:
· Open and close the Mattress Factory shop.
· Promote sale of products through excellent customer service and knowledge of inventory
· Use computer-based Square POS system to complete cash and credit card transactions
· Process receipt of incoming shop merchandise
· Update inventory system (Shopventory) as needed
· Update online store (BigCommerce) as needed
· Dust and clean shop furniture and fixtures
· Organize shop storage
· Maintain tidy displays and restock merchandise
· Assist with answering telephone calls, forwarding calls or information to other staff, and replying to messages and emails.
· Other duties as assigned
· You’ve already worked in a museum setting or similar cultural institution
Email a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Shop Assistant” in the subject line.
No calls, please.
The Mattress Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The museum is committed to workplace diversity and to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Assistant Store Manager
October 2017; July 2019
The Assistant Store Manager has direct responsibility of assisting the General Manager (GM) with directing the day to day operations of the Museum and online stores as well as satellite retail outlets.
· Manage store sales team to ensure customers are being helped in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates desired behaviors of staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers.
· Assists GM with providing a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring that all customers receive an exceptional experience and quality merchandise.
· Regularly communicates with GM to discuss strengths, opportunities and trends in business.
· Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
· Control inventory levels and reordering as necessary within budget; as well as manage and control shrink.
· Assist in employee recruitment, training and development.
· Helps GM identify training needs and provide ongoing training opportunities to the team as needed.
· Leverage individual staff strengths and creates developmental plans to prepare all level positions for future growth within the organization.
· Help GM in delivering consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching.
· Assist GM with store promotions and event preparations.
· Ensure company standards are always met for the store and associate appearance.
· Prioritizes, plans and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales.
· Ensures all pricing, signage and displays are always correct.
· Manage opening and closing procedures.
· Communicate POS issues to the GM and troubleshoot problems.
· Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and work with colleagues, volunteers and interns
· Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
· Online retail management experience a bonus
· Excellent organizational skills
· High degree of integrity and honesty
· Ability to problem solve in a moderate to fast-paced environment
· Capable of fostering a team environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication; and interpersonal skills
· Excellent internal and external customer service skills
· Ability to work independently
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365
· Proficient with Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, such as Altru or similar software.
Yes. Assistant Manager of more than one location.
This position operates in an office setting and a public environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers (including POS system), phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Occasionally uses walkie talkies and inventory equipment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, handle, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, grasp, feel and use repetitive motions and eye/hand/foot coordination. Occasionally, the position is required to sit, lift up to 20 pounds, carry, push, pull, climb balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach. The position requires light to medium work.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Salaried. This position regularly requires weekend work and some evenings.
25 % local travel required. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver license.
· Bachelors Degree in Fashion Merchandising and Design or related field of study required
· 1-3 years of experience as an Assistant Store Manager or similar position
Motown Museum is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.