Celebrating our 44th anniversary in 2020, CocoKids is a non-profit organization with a mission to champion and advance quality child care and early education. As the only child care resource and referral agency serving all of Contra Costa, we are at the center of the child care delivery system. Through a wide range of free and low cost services and programs, we collaborate with parents, child care providers, businesses and the community to ensure children in Contra Costa County are nurtured, healthy, and achieve their full potential.
Benefits: Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD for employees. Optional pre-tax FSA, supplemental Life, 403b Retirement Plan. $1000/year Education Reimbursement and generous paid time off plans. Shorten your commute, improve your work/life balance!
For a full description of the position and to learn more about us, please visit our website.
General overview: The Development and Communications Associate will provide support to the Director of Development & Communications in CocoKids fundraising and communications programs, including grant writing and implementation of foundation, corporate, individual and event-based plans.
Grant Writing (40%)
• Write foundation and corporate grant proposals for restricted and unrestricted funds
• Monitor and prepare grant reports to meet deadlines and compile documents as required
• Maintain a fundraising calendar
Individual Donor Cultivation and Stewardship (30%)
• Write and produce annual appeal letters, Annual Report and provider newsletters
• Assist with all aspects of individual gift solicitations
• Conduct web-based research on individual donor prospects and prepare a summary report
• Coordinate all development-related correspondence
• Coordinate and support the planning and execution of donor cultivation events and activities
C. Event Planning and Support (15%)
D. Social Media and Marketing (15%)
Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study or equivalent experience
Minimum 1 year, preferably 2 years, experience in development and fund raising, marketing, community relations or related fields
Excellent writing skills - grant writing, fund proposals, etc.
Proficient with social media and fundraising software
Passion for children's causes and welfare
CocoKids is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates.