Judicate West is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual. A minimum of 2 years receptionist/front desk experience is preferred. We have an immediate opening in our West Los Angeles office. Duties include greeting clients and assisting with the check in process, answering multi-line phones, handling incoming mail, organizing the office, daily set up of conference rooms, catering set up and breakdown, as well as other general administrative support functions. This is an entry level position with growth opportunities available in the alternative dispute resolution profession.
*Benefits available after 90 days. 401K available after one year.
Study Hut is a small, beachy tutoring center with an emphasis on mellow vibes and nerdy tutors (the best combination!). We have tutoring locations in El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Belmont Shore, and Newport Beach, and provide Subject Tutoring, as well as Study Skills and Test Preparation. Our staff range from as little as 10 hours per week to upwards of 35 hours per week, and we have some morning hours available for those looking to step into a bigger role within our small but growing company!
Experience is nice, but not necessary as we will train you on how to be a great tutor and how to work within our excellent management structure. We support all of our tutors with a team of managers and assistant managers that handle everything from scheduling, parent meetings, and feedback.
This is a payroll job, so you are paid from the time your first kid starts to the time your last kid leaves - even if kids don't show up or cancel ahead of time. It's our responsibility to make use of the availability you are affording us, so all we ask is you keep that availability consistent so we can load you with recurring students eager to work with you.
Come check us out - we are all young, cool, and local people hoping to make a positive impact on our community!
You can send us your contact info here as well as apply on our site!! (Copy and Paste the link below) http://studyhut.com/employment
A new Pilates studio (opened in September 2019) is looking for LA's most badass instructors to join our team!
Pilates Punx (www.pilatespunx.com) offers both Classical Pilates instruction as well as a contemporary spin on Classical for both private sessions and mid-sized group classes, all while keeping roots in Classical Pilates. Our schedule has a mix of strictly CLASSICAL classes as well as CONTEMPORARY classes, so we meet all of our client's wants and needs!
We are a music-driven studio that is catering to the counter-culture. We are a space with no intimidation inviting anyone and everyone to give Pilates a try - and then stay because they love it! We’re trying to take any negative assumptions about what Pilates is and who Pilates is for and throw that out the window.
You must be nationally certified, carry professional and liability insurance, and have public and private training/class instruction experience on both equipment and mat. Must be able to train special populations. Love and appreciation for punk, rock, metal, and counter-culture will be appreciated!
Multiple days and hours are available, but please be available for atleast 2 days per week and either Saturday or Sunday being one of those days. We are still in the phase of creating something new, so you would be able to be a part of something from the ground up.
Competitive compensation, based on experience with growth opportunities.
Please respond with a current picture and your resumé as soon as possible.
Help Wanted –
Host / Bussing tables
Part-Time. Tuesday through Saturday
Excellent customer service skills, bilingual English/Spanish, work well busy restaurant, able to handle high volume phone calls
Please call 626.442.1254 ask for Pedro Hernandez
Job location: Cielito Lindo Restaurant, 1612 Santa Anita Ave, So El Monte
We're looking for someone with good energy, good attitude, punctual, great work ethic, and someone with a burning sense of urgency!
Assemble juices, smoothies, acai bowls, sandwiches and wraps.
Clean equipment and work areas.
Execute proper portion control with all ingredients.
Consistently serve all products to specifications.
Follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products.
Strong organization skills
1 Year of experience in the restaurant or retail industry preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and understand recipes.
Food Handler card provided prior to employment.
Extended periods of standing (4-8 hours)
Reaching, bending, and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills.
Multi-Tasking and working in a fast paced environment.
Attention to detail.
Knife skill is a plus not a must.
9am-5:30pm (mid shift)
12pm-7:30pm (night shift)
Free employee parking.
Part Time Available. Could work full time based on performance.
606 Broadway #102
Santa Monica, CA 90401
We look forward to hearing from you
Michael's Santa Monica just launched two new menus by Chef Brian Bornemann, highlighting seafood, farmer's market produce, and house made pastas. We are looking for strong line cooks who can work multiple stations and want to focus on improving their cooking.
Four to Five dinner shifts are available for anyone looking to be part of a strong team. Prior experience with grill, pasta, sauté, and/or raw fish preparations are needed.
Three to Four years experience in high-volume, chef-driven kitchens necessary.
Please email resume with availability and two references.
Nick's on 2nd is holding open interviews for employment opportunities to friendly, well groomed, professional, outgoing, and highly motivated individuals who are looking to challenge themselves and advance in our fast-paced, team-oriented restaurant.
Individuals who can provide stellar hospitality to our guests and thrive in our polished style of service are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be flexible with availability. Do not apply on-line, please apply in person during the times listed below.
Apply in business professional attire Monday through Friday between 2 pm and 5 pm at the following location:
Nick's on 2nd
4901 E 2nd St
Long Beach, CA 90803
✔ Greeters: Excellent customer service and communication skills, phone and computer skills are essential. Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment. $15.00 + tips
•Medical, Dental, Vision benefits available
•Employee meal discounts
In order to expedite the application process, a link to our employment application is provided below, an online application should be completed prior to interview.
All offers of employment with Nick's are contingent upon a satisfactory verification check. CA Food Handlers card required prior to employment. *Do not apply online for hourly positions, must apply in person.
The Pie Hole is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our catering team!
We are a speciality pie and coffee brand that is rapidly expanding in catering and off-site events. We serve handmade pies and make our guests feel at home wherever we are serving them. Our new team member based in Hollywood will predominantly work off-site events Monday - Friday in the morning and early afternoon, about 15-25 hours/wk. We are hiring for both lead and support positions.
The ideal candidate meets the following:
- Excellent guest service ability
- California Food Handlers Card (can be acquired during training)
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Valid California Drivers License
- Auto Insurance Coverage
- Great time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Point of Sale and cash handling experience
- Flexible scheduling
- Can lift up to 50 lbs
In addition to off-site events, this part-time catering team member may also assist with food prep and delivery of catering orders. With flexibility and hard-work there is definite opportunity for growth.
Night and weekends off, and compensation for mileage.
Pay: $15.50 to $16/hour. Potential for sales driven bonuses and cash tips.
Please submit inquiries and resumes
Cafeteria Style Italian Restaurant
Buffet Line Cook
Slicing Meats and Cheeses for Customers
Morning and Evening shifts available
Must have Restaurant or Deli Experience
Cashier Experience Helpful
Breakfast restaurant located in downtown Los Angeles.
8am - 330pm
Major Holidays are closed.
Please Email if interested.
Cielo Beauty Bar is a full service boutique Salon. We specialize in Brazilian waxing, brows, tanning, hair, nails and skin care. We are a fun energetic team looking for someone who loves what they do. We are hiring a licensed Esthetician for our location on Greenleaf in the heart of Uptown Whittier.
All other services offered a plus+
Must be California State licensed.
Must have liability insurance.
Must be Well-versed in all types of body waxing, including Brazilians and Brows.
If you enjoy working in an upbeat fun environment please email your resume including one references and a cover letter.
Come into store everyday (Mon-Sat) between 11-11:30AM for an immediate interview.
Ask for Mario or Joe please.
Previous restaurant experience a plus.
Morning and evening shifts available.
Also available: assistant manager, and front of house manager positions.
Looking for friendly, upbeat and welcoming people.
1000 Torrance Blvd.
redondo beach, CA
We are closed on Sundays.
See our website
We are looking for full-time line cooks to join our team. Candidates must have a great attitude, sense of urgency, work clean and well in a team.
Executive Chef Saw Naing shares a unique passion for both Mexican cuisine and that of his Burmese and Indian heritage, and had a vision for how the two cuisines could come together in a deeply satisfying way. The menu is a heartfelt melding of classic cantina-style dishes like Carne Asada, Nachos Sencillo and Arroz Verde, joined by Burmese and Indian-inspired plates of Prawn Masala with saffron rice and sautéed Bloomsdale spinach, a Burmese Chicken Salad with peanuts, crispy shallots, mint, cilantro and tamarind and Albondigas, a variation on Mexican meatballs swimming in a savory red curry and topped with rice noodles. This exploration into where the flavors meet has also inspired our bar, with new cocktails like Saw's Masala Margarita with resposado tequila, housemade garam masala, fresh lime juice and a cardamom sugar rim.
House of Aitous is a beauty salon located in the heart of West Hollywood, Melrose Avenue, in Los Angeles. We are looking for Hair Stylists, Barbers, Colorist, and Make Up Artists to join our salon to RENT stations/chairs. The salon is located on Melrose Avenue, with good traffic and retail establishment, a great opportunity to expand your client base!
The salon has great ambiance, with lots of natural light, beautiful stations, great storage, receptionist, back bar, wifi, refreshments, towel service, and free parking for both staff and customers.
If you would like to pamper your clients in a luxurious ambiance, this is the salon for you! Reply to post via email to set up an interview. We look forward to hearing from you
Construction company seeking a female secretary. Experience a BIG PLUS.
Our Firm is located in Tarzana, CA 91356 and performs various home remodeling projects.
Must be an excellent multi tasker, aggressive, honest, and hard working.
Must have an outgoing, and friendly personality.
Must have excellent communication skills, phone skills, good spelling, grammar, and be fluent in english, quick books, microsoft word, and excel.
Must be clean, organized and be independent.
Must have reliable transportation.
Day to day duties will include answering phones, data entry, filing, payroll, quick books, accounts payable, general office work, writing proposals, emails, and keeping in touch with future clients, etc.
This is a part time job Monday - Friday 9-3.
Please send us resumes, and inquires
Compensation $20 - $25 per hour depending on experience.
Feel free to send a photo of yourself.
Licensed Insurance Agent:
Job Type: Full-time Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM & every other Saturday 10AM -3PM
Salary: $40,000 - 60,000
• Must have a California property and casualty license REQUIRED
• Must have 1 year sales experience
• Must be fluent in Spanish and have strong interpersonal skills.
• Driven and goal oriented
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Positive and professional demeanor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meet new business production goals and objectives as established.
• Solicits for new business via telephone, networking, and other lead sources.
• Develop auto insurance quotes, makes sales presentations, and close sales.
• Grow sales revenue by utilizing phone, email and potential client lists.
• Present and explain auto insurance policy options based upon prospective client needs and their personal goals.
Description: We are looking for a bilingual licensed competitive insurance agent to generate new business by contacting potential customers. You will sell, solicit, differentiate and negotiate insurance plans that match the needs of your assigned or prospective customers’ portfolio. The goal is to build up strong positive relationships, to ensure growth attainment and increase our company reputation.
• Must have 1 year of sales experience
• Health insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
to apply please email your resume
Leo's Superfood 100% Vegan, 100% Gluten free bakery is looking for an experienced short order cook/steward to handle fast paced short orders. (See LeosSuperfood.com for our menu) Must have at least two years of restaurant experience. A committed vegan would be a plus. Duties include short order cooking, prep work and baking. Being able to talk to customers and operate a cash register is also needed occasionally. Our customers love to tell the cooks how much they liked the food. At end of day there are also steward duties to make sure the place is spotlessly clean ready for the next day. The Cafe Closes at 8pm most days but 3pm Sunday and 5pm Monday. Sunday and Monday shifts may start at 8am. May have to work on Sat or Sundays but will get at least 2 days off per week. (We rotate days with other cooks.) Must be capable of working unsupervised and with minimal assistance, able to predict when we are going to run low on something and do what is needed to get it prepared without orders. (For instance each vegetable that needs to be chopped or sliced). On "slow days" of the week we have a single cook. Friday and weekends we double up but one person does not get the full shift. Normally you get 24-32 hrs per week. A person who lives close to the restaurant is preferred. Since this is a small business must be willing to jump in and help where needed. Please send resume to David@LeosSuperfood.com Training will be done in the morning with our Head Chef and may take a few days. We have a great team who all get along great, have sunny dispositions and leave their personal problems at home. That's who we are looking for. You will be asked to take a drug test. I have found weed smokers to be slow and difficult to train.
Looking for line cooks to join our team. Must have experience in Italian cuisine. Mainly pizzas and pastas. Hourly wages depends on experience. Please send resume along with desired pay.
Buscando cocineros en línea para unirse a nuestro equipo. Debe tener experiencia en cocina italiana. Principalmente pizzas y pastas. El salario por hora depende de la experiencia. Envíe el currículum junto con el pago deseado.
Tutta Post Trattoria
235 s la cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills ca 90211
Edendale is looking for an experienced line cook. Please come in Monday- Saturday after 5pm.
Ask for Chef Fabian or Anthony
Attach Resume if you have one
2838 Rowena Ave 90039
Neighborhood restaurant that has been in business for 35 years. We are seeking an "Assistant Busser" 5 DAYS /WEEK INCLUDING WEEKENDS (averages about 30+hrs per week)
This position requires neat appearance, pleasant personality, able to work at a fast pace, quick learner, reliable, consistent, and timely.
Main duties are as follows: Assist primary busser with clearing tables, getting and refilling drinks. Relieving the dishwasher for lunch (30 minutes a day) and relieving the primary busser for lunch (30 minutes a day). Duties also include but are not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and keeping the overall restaurant clean and comfortable for the customers. Must be able able to follow directions, and work well with other team members and management.
This is a VERY pleasant work environment and would enjoy having you on our team!
PLEASE APPLY AT LOCATION: ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE HARD WORKING AND SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR WORK.
THE SERVING SPOON RESTAURANT
1403 CENTINELA AVE INGLEWOOD, CA 90302
Hours to apply: 7 days/week from 9am to 2:00pm
No Phone calls accepted
We are a busy Whole Animal Butcher Shop with a large sandwich menu in Santa Monica. We are looking to add to our already stellar team. We are in need of enthusiastic individuals who possess strong register/cashiering skills. Ideal candidates loves food, MEAT, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are self-motivated and above all, are friendly and outgoing!
*Take our guests' orders accurately and efficiently, always providing great customer service
*Work the POS register during busy meal periods
*Be knowledgeable about our menu and butchered cuts of meat
*Offer suggestions and answer guest questions
*Multitask and support other areas of the shop as needed, including greeting customers, answer phones, run food, stock merchandiser, and complete tasks assigned by the floor manager
*Minimum of 2 years experience as a cashier/deli counter person in a busy environment
*Restaurant experience preferred
*Current CA Food Handler's Card
*Excellent customer service skills and a friendly attitude
*Self-motivated & Reliable
*Ability to multitask in a busy restaurant and retail environment
*Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
*Ability to endure 8 hour shifts standing
*Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
THIS STARTS AS A PART TIME POSITION with the possibility of full time. WEEKEND AVAILABILITY IS A MUST!
THIS IS A FRONT OF THE HOUSE CASHIER/Deli COUNTER POSITION.
WE ARE NOT HIRING BUTCHERS. Maybe some wannabes...
Bring in the new year and treat yourself and your clients to a new private luxury Salon Studio! Sola is now leasing beautiful salon suites in prestigious Brentwood! At the corner of Wilshire and Bundy, Sola Brentwood offers convenient valet parking and easy access to Brentwood, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades and the beaches, shopping and restaurants of the entire Westside! You'll love being part of our community of hair stylists, estheticians, brow and makeup artists and nail techs.
Be in business for yourself, not by yourself. Whether you're a hairdresser, makeup artist, skincare professional, nail tech, or massage therapist, we have studio spaces in various sizes and floor plans to fit your needs including suites specially designed for spa services. Sell the products you want and keep the profits for yourself. Professionals at Sola have access to a series of exclusive education events, as well as an online database and app that host videos, an events & classes calendar, and resources that motivate and inspire!
High-end amenities. Our studios come furnished with cabinetry so you can avoid the up-front costs and overhead fees associated with opening a traditional salon. We offer a full suite of high-end amenities with the support you need to be more successful. Each studio is equipped with the following:
• Shampoo bowl
• Functional, luxurious cabinetry
• Oversized sliding/locking glass door
• High-end hydraulic chair
• Locking cash drawer
• All utilities and WiFi included
• Convenient parking
Your life, Your style. This is your business! Customize your private studio with your own studio name, paint, artwork, music and more. Set your own hours and prices and make more money selling the products you believe in.
Take your career to the next level with your very own salon studio at Sola.
Find out why our salon professionals call Sola "the best place I've ever worked"!
Contact Us Now at 310.492.4011 to Set Up A Confidential Tour!
Keywords: Salon Studio, Salon Suite, Booth Rent, Chair Rent, Sola Salon Studios, Sola Brentwood, Sola Salons, Sola Beverly Hills, Phenix Salon Suites, My Salon Suites, Regency Salon Studios, Salon Republic, Salon 90210, Social Salon Suites, Private Salon Studios, stylist suite, suite rental, booth rent, chair rent, studio rent, booth rental, chair rental, station rental, private salon, private hair salon, salons, hair salon, beauty salon, nail salon, salon lofts, loft, salon boutique, hair salon studios, hair studio, salon studios, salon suites, studios, salon booth, hair salon stations, station, nail station, cosmetologist, barber, hair stylist, colorist, eyelash specialist, stylist, beauty, massage therapist, hair, nails, make-up artist, permanent make-up, Santa Monica, Hollywood, West Hollywood, WeHo, Los Angeles, West LA, Robertson, Wilshire, Doheny, Rodeo, Canon
Hair Stylist Station available at Shaggy's in the Hel-Mel Arts District of East Hollywood. Commission tbd
A well established Italian eatery in Torrance (Hanks Since 1967) is looking for motivated hands-on cooks & waitresses with or without experience. Typical Italian Cuisine (Pizzas, Pastas, Salads & Soups etc.) comparable pay scale depending on experience, with great opportunity for growth.
Un restaurante italiano bien establecido en Torrance (Hanks desde 1967) está buscando cocineros y meseras motivados con o sin experiencia. Cocina típica italiana (pizzas, pastas, ensaladas y sopas, etc.) escala salarial según la experiencia, con una gran oportunidad de crecimiento.
Administrative Assistant - Entry Level Position / Career Advancement in the Insurance Industry
Knight Insurance Services Inc. is pleased to offer an opportunity for the right candidate who has an interest in the insurance industry.
This entry level position for Knight Insurance Services Inc. is responsible for overall front office activities, including, but not limited to:
• Maintaining and ordering kitchen and general supplies; including coffee, paper goods, etc.
• Answering phones and disseminating calls
• Greeting visitors
• Serving as backup/as needed for mail processing; including opening, distributing, and organizing
• Update various spreadsheet data
• Download various insurance carrier policy data
• Manage reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
• Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects of meetings
• Provide general administrative assistance
The ideal candidate should have an interest in education as they will have the opportunity to learn aspects within the Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, and Employee Benefits departments. Responsibilities within the company will be added to this entry level position with continued learning, experience, and growth with an opportunity for a career in the insurance industry.
Must be reliable, punctual, organized, and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple priorities in a busy office environment. Excellent interpersonal skills, pleasant phone manner, typing ability (data entry), and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
Please contact Kimbra Fossen: (818) 662-4217
Position: Receptionist Assistant at Luxe Nail &Spa Boutique
Schedule -Friday 11am-8pm + Saturday & Sunday 10am- 7pm (MUST BE AVAILABLE ALL THREE DAYS)
Looking for someone to assist front desk staff
Duties include setting up clients, cleaning up after clients, serving drinks, towel laundry, checking in clients, booking appointments
Looking for a friendly, well spoken individual who can multitask to join our established team. We are a fast pace salon requiring a willing and energetic individual to work hard and learn on the go.
Positive attitude and willingness to represent the salon brand
Dependable, honest and hardworking
Salon caters to an upscale clientele, so candidates must be comfortable maintaining a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
Please email your resume or call us 323.549.9866 We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in meeting new people? Love kids? Like to drive? The Hair Whisperers In Home Lice Removal Service featured in the New York Times and Nightline, is looking for responsible technicians based in Brentwood, Santa Monica, Westwood, Venice, Mar Vista, Cheviot Hills, Pacific Palisades, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, etc. to remove lice and eggs from people infected with lice. Great position for people who want to make their own hours and like meeting new people and working with children. Qualified candidates should have valid driver's license, great eyesight, feel comfortable going into people's homes, be personable, good with children, and extremely detailed oriented. When applying, please include where you live and your availability. Work is inconsistent, ranging from 10 – 35 hours a week. Wonderful clientele who tip often!
Driving is a large part of this job, and the longer you are willing to drive, the more you will work. You can set your own hours, and choose when you work, but should be available at least a block of time every day that is open ended. For instance, being available from 12 or 1, or 2 pm is fine but having to finish by 12 or 1 or 2 wouldn't be a good fit because we never know how long a client will take. No prior experience necessary! We will train qualified applicants. Training is in Los Angeles and is unpaid, and takes about 5 to 8 hours. If you are hired a $75 deposit is required to take ownership of lice removal kit, and that will be returned when kit is returned.
Los Angeles Glass Company. looking for an individual with GLASS INDUSTRY, DISPATCHING TECHS, PLACING ORDERS and CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE, strong leadership and communication skills.
GLASS EXPERIENCE IS A MUST. MENTION THIS ON YOUR EMAIL HEADING.ust have the ability to multi-task, be self-motivated, detail oriented.
**GLASS EXPERIENCE IS A MUST. MENTION THIS ON YOUR EMAIL HEADING.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Placing orders for glass
ALL INTERESTED REPLY or EMAIL
We will monitor frequently to hire.
Base pay depends on sales experience/ glass knowledge.
To apply, please visit our website
Tierra del Sol Foundation is looking for a dedicated and reliable Direct Support Professionals to play an integral role in supporting clients by helping them to utilize effective communication systems; develop positive relationships with others; become valued, contributing members of the community; work toward achievement of their work and life’s goals, and attain a true community-based, integrated, quality of life (which includes competitive, integrated employment.)
This is an excellent opportunity to grow in the education/human services profession and to make meaningful contributions every day in a friendly and supportive work environment.
This position is typically scheduled to work 37 hours per week. These hours and duties are subject to change based on program needs and may include weekends, holidays and evening hours to meet client, employer and stakeholder expectations. Staff will have a 30 minute working lunch when actively supporting clients with a working lunch agreement on file.
Job tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide small group and one on one training of individuals in specific job skills and general work behaviors
- Ensure that all assigned job duties are consistently completed according to the employer standards and expectations
- Maintain regular communication with employers regarding their satisfaction with employee performance, work schedules, and quality assurance
- Conduct job analysis in cooperation with employers
- Provide supervision and training to clients in community access skills
- Provide supervision and training to clients in self-advocacy and social/leisure skills
- Provide mobility training
- Assist clients in accessing a variety of community locations using company/personal vehicles/ public transportation
Specific Job Requirements:
- Clear communication and the ability to write notes, interact with managers, clients and client’s family, maintain and develop Individual Service Plans and facilitate client self-advocacy and choice making opportunities.
- The ability to lead small group and one-on-one training,
- Flexibility in accommodating the client’s schedule,
- Three years of good driving experience, a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle with seat belts to safely accommodate up to 4 passengers, and vehicle insurance is also required.
- Candidate must have a sincere desire to help others be successful.
- This position requires dedication, good judgement, and quick problem solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Service/Rehabilitation is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in supporting and training clients in areas of community integrated employment, volunteerism, access, inclusion, and relationship building, and have skill in conducting job analysis, in cooperation with employers.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while teaching clients skills in critical areas required for successful access to the community (including: vocational training, customer service, public transportation training, etc.)
Who We Are:
Tierra Del Sol Foundation is the leading provider of independent living, job training and support services for people with developmental disabilities. We strive to help adults with developmental disabilities to reach their goals through supportive education, family and community building.
Tierra del Sol Foundation offers all full-time employees paid vacation and holiday time as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Cheveux Salon in Burbank is looking for booth rentals!
Best deal in the area!
Full time $210
Part time $185
Offering a lot of storage place, beck bar, towels, snacks and coffee for clients
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of children in poverty, and those overcoming abuse and neglect by delivering free legal services, supportive programs, and systemic solutions. Our lawyers, advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children and youth who are at-risk or in foster care have safe, stable homes and can access the education, healthcare, and financial supports that they need. Since 1992, we have served over 150,000 children and young adults in Los Angeles County.
Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating for the past nine years in a row. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities in the U.S. rated by Charity Navigator. The 4-star rating reflects the Alliance’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments.
The Alliance for Children's Rights seeks a talented Membership Manager to lead and grow our organization’s membership programs, in particular, the Alliance of Moms.
The Alliance of Moms (AOM) is a membership-based group that advances the work of the Alliance for Children’s Rights through philanthropy and volunteer engagement. It is a community of volunteers who gathered together to help break the intergenerational cycle of foster care by providing support for young parents in foster care and their children. AOM members are critical to our work. They provide resources needed to power our Healthy Teen Families program, which provides legal and social services, case management, education and policy-reform advocacy for expecting and parenting foster youth throughout Los Angeles County.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working closely with the Director of Communications and AOM volunteer leadership, the Membership Manager will develop and execute AOM’s fundraising and membership engagement strategies and be directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. The Manager will also oversee the operations and logistics of all member engagement and fundraising events.
Candidate must have excellent relationship management and organizational skills, be entrepreneurial and self-motivating, have good communication and presentation skills, be innovative, creative and adaptable and be comfortable working with donors, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors. Candidates also must be passionate about supporting young parents and children's rights and well-being, and able to promote the work and events of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as key point of contact with members - fostering strong relationships and coordinating partnership opportunities - through print, electronic and social communications; educational programs; volunteer opportunities and fundraising events
• Build membership base, developing and implementing plans to recruit, re-engage, retain, and steward membership with regular communications, appeals, unique volunteer opportunities, and exclusive invitations
• In coordination with the CDO, facilitate and support relationships with AOM founders, members, brand partners, and celebrity ambassadors
• Develop and execute fundraising strategies to meet revenue goals
• Manage all membership data, tracking, databases, and reports including:
o Updating and maintaining membership records
o Managing recruitment and retention tracking and reports
o Collecting and analyzing current, new and potential membership information
o Compiling, analyzing and providing reports on membership composition and trends for staff, volunteer leadership and the Board of Directors
• Manage and execute a sophisticated and compelling communications strategy on the benefits of membership, including access to enriching programs, fulfilling volunteer opportunities, and mission-driven messages about the impact of philanthropy
• In coordination with Director of Communications: facilitate collateral materials production and distribution, including e-newsletters, save the dates, invitations, evites and event program materials; develop content and execute on all social media platforms; develop and update website content; archive and organize templates, photos, press, etc.
• Oversee and manage the logistics of membership events and meetings, including membership events, educational programs with ACR clients, and internal planning meetings with staff and AOM volunteer leadership, including:
o Invitations, RSVPs, and registration
o Day-of coordination and follow-up
o Volunteer coordination
o Venue details
o Program logistics
• Articulate guidelines for third party event fundraising opportunities and partnership opportunities
• Create and maintain budgets and expense reports
• At least three years of experience in membership, volunteer or constituent management position
• Experience with fundraising campaign and strategy development and implementation
• Familiarity with trends and best practices in managing membership groups and/or annual giving programs
• Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of administrative and office procedures
• Proficient knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, and expertise in use of the Internet, Social Media and e-mail. Experience with SquareSpace, Raiser’s Edge, and MailChimp
• Ability to work independently, take responsibility, prioritize work, complete tasks on time, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines
• Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, including financial and statistical record-keeping skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, team-oriented, including communicating and working well with team members
• Ability to maintain a professional social media presence
• Open to feedback, resourceful and flexible
• Ability to anticipate what is needed for the organization
• Committed and enthusiastic about the organization’s mission and programs, and understand the needs of the youth, Alliance of Moms members, donors, and celebrities
• Straightforward, self-motivated, and diplomatic, sharing information readily
• Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to attend evening and weekend events
• Higher education degree required
The Alliance for Children’s Rights believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe the level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
The Alliance for Children's Rights offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For more information about the Alliance of Moms visit http://allianceofmoms.org.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
(E-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only select, qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights seeks a Benefits Staff Attorney to assist in securing funding to support children living in out-of-home care. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children living in foster care and poverty. Experience with the foster care, Dependency Court and/or Child Welfare System is helpful but not mandatory. The person in this position reports to the Benefits Program Director.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and youth, by providing free legal and social services and promoting systemic solutions. Our lawyers, advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children have stable homes and families, and can access the healthcare, education, and financial supports that they need. We also help transition-age youth achieve independence and work statewide to improve child welfare practices and policies in order to remove the many barriers our clients face. Since its founding 27 years ago, the Alliance has helped more than 150,000 children.
Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating for the past nine years in a row. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities in the U.S. rated by Charity Navigator. The 4-star rating reflects the Alliance’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments. Alliance staff members find that being a voice for children who often have no voice, and otherwise could be forgotten, is incredibly rewarding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Representing caregivers in the administrative fair hearing process to secure public benefits.
• Analyzing public benefits issues that arise for children and caregivers in the child welfare system.
• Preparing case summaries and files for placement of cases with pro bono attorneys.
• Providing trainings and technical assistance to pro bono attorneys and firms.
• Helping to train and supervise volunteers and law clerks.
• Developing and updating benefits materials for clients, pro bono attorneys, and the community.
• Maintaining knowledge of current trends and policies in public benefits that affect children and families in the child welfare system.
• Conducting community outreach and trainings.
• Assisting with impact litigation and both local and statewide policy advocacy.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
• At least three years of experience as a practicing attorney (or judicial clerk) preferred.
• Experience in the foster care, Dependency Court and/or child welfare system is helpful.
• Excellent written and oral communication and advocacy skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate effectively with clients, attorneys, child welfare
agencies, the judiciary and the public.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong desire to help others.
• Ability to manage a high-volume caseload.
• Experience with public benefits, administrative advocacy and/or public speaking helpful.
• Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe level of work being performed by people assigned to comparable positions. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. The Alliance for Children's Rights offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For more information about the Alliance visit http://kids-alliance.org.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in joining the Alliance, relevant work experience, and how you heard of the position to Adam Cherensky (e-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries). Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the stated qualifications of the position.