Aloha! L&L Hawaiian BBQ is hiring! We are looking for restaurant professionals to join our "ohana" (family)!
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
You are responsible to:
We are looking for someone who has:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Reports to: Kitchen Manager/ Head Chef
Department: Back of House
Job Summary: Responsible for completing and assisting in food preparation, menu execution, and performing basic kitchen responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant through the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, but are not limited to:
1. Reads and prepares menu items as ordered by Guests according to the assigned portions and quality standards of the menu.
2. Follows specific recipes and instructions to prepare menu items using basic kitchen equipment and preparatory utensils.
3. Follows proper food handling and safety requirements when preparing guests’ orders.
4. Retrieves ingredients and materials from appropriate areas by lifting and carrying to food preparation area.
5. Maintains food product and kitchen supply inventory and notifies the Kitchen Manager/ Head Chef of any shortages.
6. Examines labels and dates of incoming food shipments and properly stores in the correct locations of the restaurant.
7. Maintains proper upkeep (neat, orderly, follows “First In, First Out”) of the storage areas, refrigerators, and freezers.
8. Properly dates and labels perishable food items when receiving deliveries.
9. Places dishes, cooking equipment, and utensils in the dishwashing room.
10. Restocks kitchen supplies, dishes, glassware, utensils, and To-Go containers in the kitchen as needed.
11. Removes garbage, recycling, compost, and fryer oil as needed and dispenses in appropriate areas.
12. Constantly maintains a neat, safe, clean, and sanitary work areas at all times in compliance with State health and safety regulations.
13. Sweeps and mops the kitchen floor at the end of each day, or as needed.
14. Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
15. Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
16. Maintain regular Temperature and Sanitation Logs.
17. Follows Daily Checklists.
18. Ensures kitchen appliances and equipment have been cleaned and turned off at the end of each work day.
19. Assists as a food runner and expediter.
20. Assists in maintaining overall upkeep and cleanliness of the restaurant.
21. Attends restaurant meetings and training sessions as requested.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Basic knife skills and handling
- Asian and Wok Cooking Skills
- Literacy and Comprehension Skills
· Oral and Written Communication Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Respectfully engage with Guests
· Time Management
· Lifting up to (60) sixty pounds
· To Move with a Sense of Urgency
· Follow Health and Safety Rules/Procedures
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to squat and bend
· Team Player
· Willingness to learn
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Must have a current Food Handler’s Certificate
· Hot line experience
· Minimum of (1) one year cooking experience
Teriyaki Madness Now Hiring Up Beat, Customer Service Oriented Line/Prep Cooks.
Teriyaki Madness is a fast casual Fresh Asian Grill breaking into the market. This location is currently under construction at 2020 Wyatt Dr. Suite 120 Santa Clara, CA 95054. We are looking for friendly, energetic and eager team members to help us get the South Bay excited about our delicious West Coast teriyaki food! This location plans to open late August and paid hands on training will be held before opening.
All positions pay above minimum wage and are competitive.
Accumulated tips are divided amongst all team members!!!
Referral bonuses offered!!!
The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment • Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
• Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
• Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
• Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
• Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines • Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to companies safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by the manager
• Experience as a cook or in a related role required
• Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
• Must be able to obtain food safety certification
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
For almost 50 years Gunther's Restaurant & Catering has been serving our guests in our restaurant as well as at catered events. We are looking for an experienced cook to help with breakfast, lunch, and dinner prep as well as line cooking. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years cooking experience, bilingual Spanish and English is preferred.
This is a full time position with the opportunity to earn overtime pay. No Sundays, and early Saturdays!
Please call 408.838.3485
The British Bankers Club is hiring line cooks for brunch and dinner positions.
This is the kitchen to learn all stations and work with a Chef committed to detail and success.
Our mission statement is "Simple food done well."
We are known for serving some of the best food and service on the Peninsula. We have achieved this by hiring hard-working talent who share our commitment to excellence. We encourage individual growth and challenge ourselves to always improve ourselves.
If you see yourself in a small culinary driven environment, come work with us.
The British Bankers Club en Menlo Park esta contratando cosineros de linea por las mananas y tardes. Si crees que estas guiada por el ambiante culinario, ven y unete a nuestra pequena compania.
Aplica por correo electronico pero es mejor en persona entre 3 y 6 PM.
Please apply in person between 3 and 6 pm:
British Bankers Club, 555 Santa Cruz Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Candidates should have:
· Ability to maneuver around all areas of the kitchen, stand for periods for up to 10 hours, work in close quarters, bend, scoop, reach, push and pull, and lift trays up to 25 lbs., and lift other food products and boxes up to 50 lbs.